Become a Patron!

Batteries

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Why didn't my last batteries say this on them?
a7ff4da7a9b7fa094ef82e2b9d605d96.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Probably because those are for battery packs/integrated use only and not for e-cigs?

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
this is a new warning label printed on LG and i think Samsung batteries
its the battery manufacturer's covering their asses in case of lawsuit and from the FDA trying to regulate the batteries as a tobacco product
Ok thanks, this led me in a good direction to do a little reading. At first I was worried they only stamped this on "bad batches" or lower binned batteries.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So after this battery stuff earlier... like any sane person would do, I went and started reading about batteries and then I read a few other things about batteries, and then.... well you get the point lol

Anyways I read this write up about spotting fake batteries (rewraps) and they basically said to hold the positive side up to the light with a known "real" battery and check how reflective the insulator is. Now the batteries I bought from vapordna is my comparison thinking they should be real. But my problem is I'm not seeing any reflective shine from any of the 4 new hg2's. The article I read said the fakes would be overly reflective?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Oh yeah I bought the batteries from imr batteries and they seemed to have good long standing reviews.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So after this battery stuff earlier... like any sane person would do, I went and started reading about batteries and then I read a few other things about batteries, and then.... well you get the point lol

Anyways I read this write up about spotting fake batteries (rewraps) and they basically said to hold the positive side up to the light with a known "real" battery and check how reflective the insulator is. Now the batteries I bought from vapordna is my comparison thinking they should be real. But my problem is I'm not seeing any reflective shine from any of the 4 new hg2's. The article I read said the fakes would be overly reflective?

Anyone? ^^^^^ I think the volts are going to high!

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
this is a new warning label printed on LG and i think Samsung batteries
its the battery manufacturer's covering their asses in case of lawsuit and from the FDA trying to regulate the batteries as a tobacco product

Weird. I just checked and none of my recently-purchased Samsungs have it. I wonder why.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weird. I just checked and none of my recently-purchased Samsungs have it. I wonder why.
Only the high powered ones have it.
And they only started doing it late last year.
Might want to check the date codes on your batteries?

I was not aware that samsung was doing it, only LG as far as I know.
But then I am often wrong. Just ask my wife.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anything from IMR and the other site I can't think of will be legit.
Vape sites are notorious for selling fakes.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, from what I've read if they have a matte finish and are not shiny they should be authentic.

That has to be the weirdest thing I have ever heard regarding a test for battery authenticity. Do we have a "shiny scale" yet? :facepalm: I think mine are 70% matte so that must be pretty good.

If you want authentic batteries buy them from a reputablereuptable dealer that has been in the business for years, and only deals in batteries or batteries for vape gear. Not IMSchmuck3492 on eBay - who also wants to sell his 10 year old Kenmore washer. Needs a new belt.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That has to be the weirdest thing I have ever heard regarding a test for battery authenticity. Do we have a "shiny scale" yet? :facepalm: I think mine are 70% matte so that must be pretty good.

If you want authentic batteries buy them from a reuptable dealer that has been in the business for years, and only deals in batteries or batteries for vape gear. Not IMSchmuck3492 on eBay - who also wants to sell his 10 year old Kenmore washer. Needs a new belt.
Pretty much.

You can also just use the batteries. Should be pretty obvious.
To be 100% sure you don't look at the wrap, you take it off and look at the positive side. Mooch has pix somewhere.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That was specific to a particular battery - don't recall which...
But it doesn't pertain to all batteries...

It may well have BEEN LG HG 2, which was faked quite a bit...but I'd go back to the source and see what battery it was talking about!

And I agree that both stores, VaporDNA and IMR would likely stand behind their product and replace if they don't seem authentic.
Legit vendors HAVE been "fooled" in the past - and made things right...

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

If you want authentic batteries buy them from a reputablereuptable dealer that has been in the business for years, and only deals in batteries or batteries for vape gear. Not IMSchmuck3492 on eBay - who also wants to sell his 10 year old Kenmore washer. Needs a new belt.
Well after reading these messages I wanted to find where it was that I read this and it was on liion.com
https://liionwholesale.com/blogs/re...116708676-lg-hg2-fake-batteries-on-the-market

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Only the high powered ones have it.
And they only started doing it late last year.
Might want to check the date codes on your batteries?

I was not aware that samsung was doing it, only LG as far as I know.
But then I am often wrong. Just ask my wife.
Mooch said more brands have started doing it because they want nothing to do with us.

VU Sponsors