Become a Patron!

Battery arc spot

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi, I don't know if that's what I'm looking at but I have the tiniest of black dots on the positive ends of a couple of my batteries. It would make more sense that they are just small grinds from assembling my mod but, you know, I just read about mech mods arcing so now I'm in learning / safety mode. Anybody know where I could find a couple pics? Sometimes the web results are exaggerated.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like pitting, I've had it happen with some of the batteries for my mechs and squonkers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like pitting, I've had it happen with some of the batteries for my mechs and squonkers

Thanks for the reply I think it'll be okay with these, pitting doesn't sound as bad as arcing and I try to take care of my stuff and keep an eye on it. Everything gets dropped here and there.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not good for em but it happens, can be caused by arcing sometimes though. How bad are they? One way to help prevent it is using electrical grease like nolax ( I believe that's what it was called). I'll check in a bit.

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's not good for em but it happens, can be caused by arcing sometimes though. How bad are they? One way to help prevent it is using electrical grease like nolax ( I believe that's what it was called). I'll check in a bit.

Just the smallest speck right where the pos. Pin goes down through the top cap of the mod dead center on the batt. Is that a finish of some kind on the top cap of the battery? Maybe it's starting to get scratched away. And, is that like dielectric grease?

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just the smallest speck right where the pos. Pin goes down through the top cap of the mod dead center on the batt. Is that a finish of some kind on the top cap of the battery? Maybe it's starting to get scratched away. And, is that like dielectric grease?
Yeah that's what I was thinking of lol couldn't remember the name. Far as I know there isn't a finish on the top or bottom contacts on the battery. But dirt and crap like that or juice on the contacts can sometimes cause it too

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also what kind of mod is it?

It's a fuhattan so I guess it's authentic and I've got an aeolus rda on it. My favorite mech mod to date, of the two I own. It works about the same but holds more juice and doesn't leak cause the holes are on top. But I did put some Teflon tape on the threads on the fire button , it was jumping off. And I put a slightly longer pos pin in from the spare parts, it's longer but thinner so I had to put some heat shrink tube around it and shove it in because it was falling out every time I remove the battery .

Last edited:

VU Sponsors