Become a Patron!

Battery door magnets came loose

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On my almost new Asmodus Lustro mod, the magnets that hold the batter door fell out. What "glue" would be good to use?
Sure... epoxy would be great (even overkill) but I don't have any and not worth buying just for this. The magnets are in the mod (not the door)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
superglue on the way... thank you (less than $4 from amazon... free prime shipping of course and one day delivery) I don't care what some people say about amazon I love them.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't believe this... now the other magnet came loose AND some of the plastic broke off.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't believe this... now the other magnet came loose AND some of the plastic broke off.

Try some J.B. Weld. Wear gloves when applying. Yes, know it's epoxy. Can only think of Gorrilla glue as another suggestion, not sure they make a line for plastics.

Thinking superglue is like glycerin and some kind of starch. It would cause endothermic reaction with plastics, i.e. why it bonded well enough to pull off plastic. Also, why used to treat gun shot wounds on battlefields. Marketed as something else with a love to hate moniker of "slap skin".

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update (I've been busy): So it seems when the first magnet fell out some plastic had broke off then (so both areas that hold the magnets broke off) I saw no eveidence of "glue" on either areas or magnets (seems just the thin plastic held them in) Now there are "holes" where the magnets could get into the mod... all bets are off. I'm not going to risk try to fix this. I will find another way (okie rigged) to hold the battery door on.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jewelers glue should work well. You can buy some cheaply enough at Walmart even. A little goes a long way.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It doesn't matter... the piece of plastic (that broke off the first time) is missing. I'm not risking a disaster.
Hey, two rubber bands solved the problem (for now) This mod stays at home so no big deal.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mod is working fine. I am disappointed though (I heard that Asmodus makes good mods)

VU Sponsors