Become a Patron!

Battery problems

Last night, in my drunken glory, I think I used 2 of my batteries to the point that they have almost no charge now. I put them on the charger and the light stays green, opposed to turning red. Short of buying new batteries or a new charger, is there a way to solve this problem? Will post pic of batteries and charger.
51ac2c73fb562080d49d4e0dd6434aba.jpg
de9f678446fc78e2ce592f4037022dc8.jpg

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's possible leaving it in the charger for a few hours will bring it back, even though the charger doesn't necessarily sense they're there. Just be ultra careful to keep an eye on it while attempting this. If not a smarter charger like one of the digital ones might be able to do it. Fairly slim chance but possible. If it does work be extra careful with those batteries going forward since it's possible the internal protection mechanisms are damaged.

There are other ways you might be able to force it back but if you need them the battery is probably damaged internally and it's not worth risking it being unsafe going forward, much better to just spend the few bucks to replace the batteries, not like the samsungs are that pricy...

Honestly if it were me I'd just replace them.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A conditioning charger like an Xtar will resurrect some overly discharged cells. I've done that myself and put the batteries in my Xtar and let them sit at 1/2 amp for a few hours till they began charging normally.

VU Sponsors