Become a Patron!

Battery Question.

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So earlier I posted about getting a gx350 by smok.

I was also recommended to use Sony vtc5a batteries. So the gx350 comes with the tfv8 cloud beast with the option for an atty with 10 coils running at .12 ohms. Rated for best of 130w -190w. Only using two batteries option with the GX350 max of 220w. So in real life I assume like 190w.
4 batteries rated at 350w so I assume like 325w.

OK so I went to steam engine and locked .12 ohms in. I changed the wattage to 150w and the amperage went up to 35.36 amps.

Then I went to a good wholesale battery website that was recommended and looked up the vtc5a batteries to find out the max CDR.

• Max continuous discharge current: 35A (with temperature cutoff circuitry at 80 degrees C)
  • Max continous discharge current without temperature cut: 25A
OK so with this in mind I'm not wanting to vape in TC mode.

Is this safe? Did I do something wrong? Will this work? If I use 4 batteries in the gx350 will it work?
I'm so confussed:(:facepalm::cry::bomb:

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Technically, you're using a regulated device. The software, settings, etc. in your device that the manufacturer sets keeps functions and everything running smoothly and safely. If not, your mod won't fire and/or give you warnings. Also, continuous (holding down fire button) and pulsing (series builds or quick second pulls) pulls different amps from your batteries. Don't look into it too hard, you're using a regulated device, you're safe.

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Technically, you're using a regulated device. The software, settings, etc. in your device that the manufacturer sets keeps functions and everything running smoothly and safely. If not, your mod won't fire and/or give you warnings. Also, continuous (holding down fire button) and pulsing (series builds or quick second pulls) pulls different amps from your batteries. Don't look into it too hard, you're using a regulated device, you're safe.

So at 150w this will work fine?

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So at 150w this will work fine?

If your mod will read the resistance, if you can test fire without getting a warning, and your mod isn't heating up like a hotpocket fresh out the microwave; then yes, it'll work. The software keeps you from pulling too many amps (generally speaking), although there has been cases where mods have gotten warm, but I'm speculating you're using a quality chip set (DNA, SX, Dotmod board, etc.) and have your batteries configured correctly. I haven't heard of any warm mod situations here recently or venting from a user pushing limits on a regulated device. Regulated is safe.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK sweet lol idk about the chipset in the gx350. It reads down to .1ohm so I figure it's pretty good

Smok's boards (GX350, Alien, Skyhook, Treebox, X-Cube, H-Priv) are all legit. Aesthetically, some have issues about paint chipping, but that's normal wear and tear for average-end mods. At my shop, we use Smok Aliens for testing/sampling atomizers and juices. They're great little beater mods.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There's a very helpful member named @Mooch here and on ECF as well as appearances YT on many reviewers videos that tests batteries and shares his results to the public and also suggests which batteries are best suited for different applications. Also Daniel (DJLSB Vapes) tests mods and breaks them down to the screw. If you're on the fence about purchasing a mod, his work will benefit your decision. Here's Daniel's breakdown on the GX350..

Mooch and Daniel are in it for the vaping community, not the companies.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So earlier I posted about getting a gx350 by smok.

I was also recommended to use Sony vtc5a batteries. So the gx350 comes with the tfv8 cloud beast with the option for an atty with 10 coils running at .12 ohms. Rated for best of 130w -190w. Only using two batteries option with the GX350 max of 220w. So in real life I assume like 190w.
4 batteries rated at 350w so I assume like 325w.

OK so I went to steam engine and locked .12 ohms in. I changed the wattage to 150w and the amperage went up to 35.36 amps.

Then I went to a good wholesale battery website that was recommended and looked up the vtc5a batteries to find out the max CDR.

• Max continuous discharge current: 35A (with temperature cutoff circuitry at 80 degrees C)
  • Max continous discharge current without temperature cut: 25A
OK so with this in mind I'm not wanting to vape in TC mode.

Is this safe? Did I do something wrong? Will this work? If I use 4 batteries in the gx350 will it work?
I'm so confussed:(:facepalm::cry::bomb:
Hello and welcome to the forums!

the GX350 is an awesome mod and the VTC5a is a great battery to use for it. It's the one i prefer myself. with those batts you can push the mod to 250 watts easily if needed. the resistance won't play a part in your battery amp draw. I made this video to explain the basics of how it works. I do need to put out a new one for the triple and quad battery mods though

VU Sponsors