Become a Patron!

Battery Questions!

Hi Everyone! I'm relatively new to vaping and just have some questions regarding batteries and safety. I've previously had regulated mods with internal batteries but decided to make the plunge and purchased a Captain PD1865 this past weekend. I've spent a decent amount of time reading about battery safety and such and overall feel pretty comfortable but just have a few questions to make sure I'm being safe.

The mod I bought uses 2 1865 batteries, both of which I bought at the same time from a reputable vape shop. I noticed on the side it says "3.7 V 2500mAh" but noticed when I'm vaping, my screen reads "4.57 volts" with a .30 ohm coil and 15.2A. Is something wrong, am I missing something? Forgive me, I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid. (Vaping at 65.0 W)

And I purchased two sets of batteries, one set is 2500mAh and the other is 3000mAh, what does that mean?

Thanks all!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Everyone! I'm relatively new to vaping and just have some questions regarding batteries and safety. I've previously had regulated mods with internal batteries but decided to make the plunge and purchased a Captain PD1865 this past weekend. I've spent a decent amount of time reading about battery safety and such and overall feel pretty comfortable but just have a few questions to make sure I'm being safe.

The mod I bought uses 2 1865 batteries, both of which I bought at the same time from a reputable vape shop. I noticed on the side it says "3.7 V 2500mAh" but noticed when I'm vaping, my screen reads "4.57 volts" with a .30 ohm coil and 15.2A. Is something wrong, am I missing something? Forgive me, I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid. (Vaping at 65.0 W)

And I purchased two sets of batteries, one set is 2500mAh and the other is 3000mAh, what does that mean?

Thanks all!

That is normal. The mod regulates the output voltage to get the desired wattage.
As long as they are decent batteries you should be fine.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
one set is 2500mAh and the other is 3000mAh, what does that mean?

This is the rated run time. So 3000 MaH lasts longer between charges than the 2500MaH. However, the 2500 MaH have a slightly higher CDR. I believe around 22A if I remember Moochs table and bench tests correctly. Lower MaH = Higher CDR.

The 15A you see is the amperage being used to produce the power being sent to the coil. It is all done by controllers in the mod, so nothing to worry about.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CDR is continuous discharge rating or how many amps you can continuously draw from the battery without it getting hot enough to perhaps vent.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
CDR? is there a place on the forum that lists all these abbreviations?
Constant Discharge Rate. Basically, the amperage the battery can sustain under constant drain.
Example.. a 20A battery with a 0.21 ohm coil could fire constantly without issue. This isn't something we actually do but that's how it works. Just like leaving a flashlight on. Proper bulb, proper battery, no problems.

VU Sponsors