nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok im gettimg some new trustfire batterys the are 18650 3.7 volt 5000 mah

1. Whats the lowest and highest i can run on my ar mod

2. I have a 18650 4.7 vct5 sony im getting mixed reviews on this is it 2100 or 2600 mah abd what is the lowest and highest i can run on the ar

3. Whats the lowest and highest i can run on my hades 26650. Mnke bo idea of the voltage or mah would like to know all this

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
for your sony vtc5's (4 amp continues and 12 amp pulse)the lowest you want to go is between .35 and .4 ohms.
in order to know what the lowest you can go on the other batteries, you need to know what the amp for each battery is.
Trustfire batteries have very few fans....they tend to be a lower end battery.

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What is wrong with the trust fires what makes them so un cool

Last edited:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A lot of the trustfire batteries have a protection chip built into them, meaning the amps will be regulated. You will not be able to take full advantage of what a mechanical mod was designed to do. They have low amp output all the way around. If you intend on using a higher ohm build, say around the 1.8 or so area, they will be ok for you. Protected batteries also help protect a newer user from over and under discharging their battery, so not the worst idea for a new mech user and coil builder. If you want to use lower ohms, sub ohms, dual, triple or quadrupedal coil set ups, you will want a batter that can offer you at least 20 amps on pulse. Here is a link to a great ohms law calcualtor that will help you understand what batteries you need for the builds you desire to use.
http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php
To use this calculator, enter the volts of your battery, then enter the Ohms of your coil, hit calculate and it will tell you how many amps your battery needs to be able to provide.
Likewise, you can enter the volts of your battery, enter the amps of the battery you chose, hit calculate and it will tell you the lowest you can go on building your coil.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If your vtc5 is not a fake, it's a 2600 mah cell with a continuous discharge rating of 30 amps. It's considered to be one of the best cells out there, but they haven't been in production for awhile so depending on when and where you got yours, it's very possible it may not be a real Sony vtc5.
Do not use any trustfire battery. The flashlight people don't even use them. Their specs are inaccurate and the performance is terrible. They are not suitable for use with vape gear.

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got it at a vape shop like a week ago maybe 5 days

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got it at a vape shop like a week ago maybe 5 days
That doesn't mean anything. Vape shops sell fakes and clones and say its authentic all the time. They may not even know they bought a fake. Post some pics if you can and maybe we can help determine if its legit. Best to get your batteries from a trusted online vendor.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hopefully more of the Sony VCT5s will be available soon.

Stay away from the Trustfire batteries.

Come to think of it they should be called Startfire batteries.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
for your sony vtc5's (4 amp continues and 12 amp pulse)the lowest you want to go is between .35 and .4 ohms.
in order to know what the lowest you can go on the other batteries, you need to know what the amp for each battery is.
Trustfire batteries have very few fans....they tend to be a lower end battery.
Wrong the VTC5's are rated at 30amp continous and 150amp pulse you can safely vape at .1 ohm with them and they will not even heat up...

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ca757faf5dbcdd23cfe6be8bb87e2704.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its a Saturday so why would you get trustfire batteries if you have VTC5's If you are serious and you happened upon VTC5's feel lucky you have the best 18650 to date and no need to buy trustfire batteries that are pure and utter junk.. this pic is a green battery yes to see if its even a real VTC5 you need to show multiple picks the ends etc... what I think is you are just asking stupid questions that you already know the answer to and if you are then please!! if not and you are serious read what I just posted

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only have one and couldn't get any more ill send them back and grab another one one Amazon decides to refund my money

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im not trying to ask a stupid question i was just wondering

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Umm... Were you thinking of something else? That's not vtc5 specs. Not even close.
lol, i think I was reading their charge capacity. Either that, or I was way ready for some sleep.
here are the correct stats on the vtc5's

• Nominal capacity: 2600mAh
  • Rated capacity: 2500mAh
  • Continuous maximum charge current: 4A
  • Continuous plus charge current: 12A
  • 30A max continuous discharge
  • 18mm diameter
  • 65mm length
  • Nominal voltage: 3.6V
  • Charge voltage: 4.20±0.05V
  • Cut-off voltage: 2.5V
  • Flat Top

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
According to the link I posted, it's a fake.
I'd be having a chat with the shop if I were you.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The VTC4 has lower mah, but they are really loved and trusted in the community as well.
http://www.lightningvapes.com/products/sony-18650-vtc4-3-8v-30a-2100mah-battery-flat-or-button
Use LV15 for a 15% discount there. Plus you can get free shipping.
I use the EFEST 35A batteries myself, I love them. I vape at .3 ohms with them and they have always done me right.
http://www.lightningvapes.com/produ...drain-rechargeable-battery-flat-or-button-top
Use LV15 for a 15% discount there. Plus you can get free shipping.

I would not recommend buying batteries on Ebay or Amazon unless it is from a trusted vape shop that has an account there. Sony has btw, stated that batteries from their Philippines plant can and will sometimes have the solid black Code grid rather than the faded/burnt in one.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But how exactly
Sony used to have a faded appearing QPC code, some of them now have solid codes. Also, the line down the middle of the battery (krinkled wrapping) can show it is a rewrapped batter. Take a good pic of the negative side of the battery, the bottom of it, and post it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The qr code, the text, the negative terminal, all of it. Your battery exactly matches the fake shown in the link.

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The crappy ones i bpught on Amazon are ultrafire im guessing there the same crap though

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man its hard to find good stuff for a decent price dont know till ya ask either like i said im still noob here so any help is greatly appreciated this way guys

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man its hard to find good stuff for a decent price dont know till ya ask either like i said im still noob here so any help is greatly appreciated this way guys
If you only got a couple crap batteries before finding this forum, that's not too bad. You're here now. This is the best vaping forum on the webz in my humble opinion.

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So when i do finally get my ultrafire crap batteries how can i test them tp see where they are foring at should i lile take the wrapping off see what the numbers are then search them or are there places that can test mah, amps etc...?

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay so whats a decent price/long lasting battery that i can sub ohm and non sub ohm with

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LG HE2 is good for 20A and sports 2500mAh. Just don't build below a .2ohm and your safe in the continuous discharge range for the cell. Legit Sony VTC4s can be sourced from Lightning Vapes (don't forget to look for discount codes) 2100mAh but can go to about .15ohm and stay in the continuous discharge range for the cell (30A). There are some other cells that are also sufficient but these two are my personal recommendations.

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On amps what do they matter whats the deal with amperage what are the differences between the two exactly

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One can continuously discharge 20 amps without overheating and the other can discharge 30 amps continuously without overheating. The 20 amp cell will have slightly longer run time between charges due to it's higher capacity rating (mah). The 20 amp cell can safely produce 84 watts while the 30 amp cell can safely produce 126 watts. If you don't plan on going above 84 watts, the 20 amp'er will last slightly longer on a charge and is cheaper.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
.21 ohms is the lowest you can safely go with a 20 amp battery.
.14 ohms is the lowest you can safely go with a 30 amp battery.
Use these tools. http://www.steam-engine.org/
Learn and understand the pictured formulas. The two on the left are the two basic formulas. Ohms law and power. The others are equivilant variations.
0QVEKml.jpg

nasty_nate_84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got ya i did calculus id like to save those formulas

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use two words to remember, ear and pie.
Ear - E=IR
Pie - P=IE

If you remember those, the variations can be worked out when needed.

VU Sponsors