Become a Patron!

Battery safety for my build

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi dudes
Quick question, setup is mech mod with 0.17 ohm atomizer resistance and LG HE4 battery. According to steam-engine for continues drain we will have -24% headroom for 20A amp limit. But puff’s are happening around 3 seconds.
Is this battery still safe to vape on it in mechanical mod with such pulse discharge?
I know I should use something like Sony VTC5 with 30A limit, but as far as I know 30A is continuous so like HE4 20A. But we are using pulse for around 3 sec. That made me wired if still HE4 could be used or not.
Cheers

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't put it my mouth.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You are drawing beyond the battery's rated capacity of 20 amps. And you want us to second guess whether that's safe or not? As soon as someone comes up with the electrical specifications for "a pulse" I'll get back to you.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi dudes
Quick question, setup is mech mod with 0.17 ohm atomizer resistance and LG HE4 battery. According to steam-engine for continues drain we will have -24% headroom for 20A amp limit. But puff’s are happening around 3 seconds.
Is this battery still safe to vape on it in mechanical mod with such pulse discharge?
I know I should use something like Sony VTC5 with 30A limit, but as far as I know 30A is continuous so like HE4 20A. But we are using pulse for around 3 sec. That made me wired if still HE4 could be used or not.
Cheers
You're exceeding the CDR of 20a, you really shouldn't be going below 0.2Ω

Also Sony VTC5's are only 20a, not 30a. If you want to Vape at 0.17Ω get the 30Ω LG's or get a parallel.

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You're exceeding the CDR of 20a, you really shouldn't be going below 0.2Ω

Also Sony VTC5's are only 20a, not 30a. If you want to Vape at 0.17Ω get the 30Ω LG's or get a parallel.

Yeah that's why I asked this question. But are you sure VTC5 are 20A? All datasheets and specs are mentioning them as 30A. This is since long time back not new battery to the market.
If there will be some graph to show the pulse duration for batteries test on desired ohms and discharge rates and you know them on web, please kindly share the link bro.
Cheers

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i already read it bro, just as 0.17 ohm will be near boundary of 25A of VTC5 and HE4 which is 24.71A on 4.2 volts, is that still safe limit for 3-5 sec puffs? Of course voltage drop from 4.2 will happen and the current will reach to 21A on 3.7 v
So you know it's 20a Battery then as per Mooch

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i already read it bro, just as 0.17 ohm will be near boundary of 25A of VTC5 and HE4 which is 24.71A on 4.2 volts, is that still safe limit for 3-5 sec puffs? Of course voltage drop from 4.2 will happen and the current will reach to 21A on 3.7 v
What is the method of your madness?....why do you think .17 ohm vape would be better than say .25?

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What is the method of your madness?....why do you think .17 ohm vape would be better than say .25?
I am not mad or stupid mate. This is pure technical question regarding electronics and how we can be safe on a build. If you can share your knowledge then you most welcomed. If you can't then don't blame people's ideas and questions.
Certainly I am in special situation that I needed help, else I wouldn't write on this forum. Looking to a member's avatar which is written as "Newbee" doesn't mean this person is new to vape community.
Thank you!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am not mad or stupid mate. This is pure technical question regarding electronics and how we can be safe on a build. If you can share your knowledge then you most welcomed. If you can't then don't blame people's ideas and questions.
Certainly I am in special situation that I needed help, else I wouldn't write on this forum. Looking to a member's avatar which is written as "Newbee" doesn't mean this person is new to vape community.
Thank you!
Well the question you asked was answered, it's NOT safe, PERIOD.

VU Sponsors