Become a Patron!

Battery scratch positive side

Hello everybody!

Today when I got out the battery from the mod I think I got it scratched, I am not sure if I should use it anymore.

What would you guys think?

Attachments

• 0188FCAA-1AC9-44A5-BD07-48623CC8E255.jpeg
    0188FCAA-1AC9-44A5-BD07-48623CC8E255.jpeg
    812.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 779AB153-900E-44A3-87E6-DEA92B76F41F.jpeg
    779AB153-900E-44A3-87E6-DEA92B76F41F.jpeg
    602.5 KB · Views: 16

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You talking about that little nick in the wrap? Pics are kinda blurry...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I say re-wrap it. In all likelihood, it's fine for now but if you get it caught in there again, it's gonna tear more. I have a few mods that are a really tight fit for batteries (Sigeleis are famous for that), and once you get one little nick in them, it's downhill from there. And it seems the wraps that come on them are terribly thin anyway. For peace of mind, I'd just give it a quick re-wrap.

Yea. I will buy new batteries on Monday and some wraps just wanted to know if for a day or 2 is going to be bad. I have the therion 75dna and the battery slot is very tight besides that gotta be careful to not touch the positive with the pin when putting the battery cause will fire the atomizer...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe a little piece of electrical tape till then, or like you said, just be careful. ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was sing my HotCig R150 which has extremely tight battery sleds and did the same thing which worried me. Funny thing is after I charged the batteries and they sat for a while the dents in the wraps healed themselves. I honestly would not worry about a small indentation in the wrap because the insulator is like a felt and you might find that the comp0ressed area healed itself like I found! Good luck and when it doubt............

I bought new wraps because I have a tiny little ding or pin hole in a battery but I still have not re-wrapped them!

VU Sponsors