Become a Patron!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've been using a single 18650 in my Sigelei Spark. Running .55 at 4.7v and 40w.

I had yellow Samsungs (white sticker) I'd rotate but now they get sucked dry in a day. So, I switched to my NEW yellow LGDBHE41865. Lil' sucker mod (which I really like) is doing it again! I put it in about 11pm, shut it off for the night, back on at 9am and now it's dead at 5pm. What the hell can be draining batteries so quickly in a single battery mod??? Should I be at 3.7v? If so, dunno how I got to 4.7v.

Thanks.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That seems reasonable usage.
Be lucky you weren't vaping back in the original 510 days, where you switching out batteries 3-4-5 times an hour, stuck at 3.7v, mtl only, and stuffing fish filter fluff in a little cap to hold juice.lol

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Holy Fish! Time I upped my mod to dual batteries. The Reulaeux is just too heavy for hanging at my desk or in the kitchen. I didn't know a single could drain that quickly. I don't recall it doing it when I first got the Spark. Thanks Racer.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Holy Fish! Time I upped my mod to dual batteries. The Reulaeux is just too heavy for hanging at my desk or in the kitchen. I didn't know a single could drain that quickly. I don't recall it doing it when I first got the Spark. Thanks Racer.
You could always opt for the 2/3. Use it in 2 mode at work, 3 mode at home.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a single batt mod kinda gal. I'm a MTL vaper, low wattage, 1+ ohms. My singles last me usually a bit over 24 hours. So, that's where you'd need to be basically. Otherwise, yep, dual batt mod.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
2 batteries it is. I'll wind up staring at my wall inventory. I do want to try the Herakles. Hmmm.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You could always opt for the 2/3. Use it in 2 mode at work, 3 mode at home.

That's an idea. But I have 3 RX200's now. Trying the 2/3 really does sound interesting, but I'd need to sell my others first. It's not like I'm lacking mods - AT ALL. I just can't decide which one to use. lol

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I carry two single batt KBox minis, and then a SiD and SVD for use at my desk. Basically I wind up using the SiD at my desk and one of the KBox Minis for the commute and if I go outside.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm a single batt mod kinda gal. I'm a MTL vaper, low wattage, 1+ ohms. My singles last me usually a bit over 24 hours. So, that's where you'd need to be basically. Otherwise, yep, dual batt mod.

Yep. Now, which one do I open? I'll decide. Besides, I'm itching to build tonight anyway.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thought they were. They're wrapped. Must be LGs. I unmarried a pair to keep my Spark going. Got plenty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You guys are lucky. I usually drain 6-8 18650s daily. I like fat dual coils and big vapor tho :D

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You guys are lucky. I usually drain 6-8 18650s daily. I like fat dual coils and big vapor tho :D

Fat dual coils - as in what type. Please share.

Also, can anyone tell me what the huge power difference is between a 18650 and a 26650? I know it has 2,000 more mAh, but I'm not well versed on batteries.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fat dual coils - as in what type. Please share.

Also, can anyone tell me what the huge power difference is between a 18650 and a 26650? I know it has 2,000 more mAh, but I'm not well versed on batteries.
3.5 mm coils produce more vapor. The wick holds more juice. I build simple coils with a jig tool. I'm more of the less is more type of guy.

It's hard to find a decent 26650 battery these days. They just have higher mah capacity. I still have the Panasonic 50 amp 26650's. They have been discontinued along with the Sony 50 amp 26650's. They're great for mech's with lower builds. 26650's in a regulated mod just makes them too bulky for me. Rather have my RX200 with more mah.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yeah. I know the 26650s are heavier. My sister has 2 for her Provari she got for free from her nephew...older version mech.
I also use a jig but never built at 3.5mm. I will order a couple for my new Provaris to keep them mini. I'll give your method a shot (hopefully tonight).
I have a few things in my Amazon cart and I'll complete the order with the batteries and have it either tomorrow or Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. I've had the itch to build for a few weeks now. Are you using Kanthal or Clapton? I'm not into TC yet but would like a chunky build to try on my RX200. Do they still make the Panasonic 50 amps? Ha. I just clicked the Panasonic link above and it brought me to eBay's TV section. lol

VU Sponsors