Become a Patron!

BCF Mystery Flavor Recipe contest is wrapping up

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm impressed by the amount of time/expense that went into this on behalf of the Judges/Contestants.
That takes some serious dedication!

Live review was a bit longer than I imagined, but I learned about many flavorings, like:
unanticipated notes in certain flavors/brands and different aspects of mixing 'x' with 'y'...
Very informative!

Curious - Not seen the rules for this before, perhaps someone could point the way?

How often do these events take place?
Do contestants mix up (10/30ml?) bottles for (12-14?) testers and mail them out?
Heard them say no nic in them but still - $$$
How much mystery flavor do contestants get to work with?

Thanks!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'm impressed by the amount of time/expense that went into this on behalf of the Judges/Contestants.
That takes some serious dedication!

Live review was a bit longer than I imagined, but I learned about many flavorings, like:
unanticipated notes in certain flavors/brands and different aspects of mixing 'x' with 'y'...
Very informative!

Curious - Not seen the rules for this before, perhaps someone could point the way?

How often do these events take place?
Do contestants mix up (10/30ml?) bottles for (12-14?) testers and mail them out?
Heard them say no nic in them but still - $$$
How much mystery flavor do contestants get to work with?

Thanks!
This was a BCF contest but Wayne was kind enough to host the show on NOTED. We do plan on doing the Mystery flavor again but not sure how or when he will pop up lol last time we did guess the mystery flavor and sent a 30 ml mystery flavor to everyone that requested one and I think everyone who guessed right received 20 dollars in store credit.

This time we did a recipe contest and sent out a 10ml mystery flavor to everyone that requested one and gave them like a month I think it was to create a recipe and share the recipe with us, after that we mixed and bottled all those recipes and sent them out to all of the judges. The prizes this time were pretty awesome we gave a 1st prize, 2nd prize, 3rd prize and 2 randomly selected all a BCF desk mat, BCF 4 in one tumbler, and a BCF pint glass. On top of that first prize received a 100-dollar gift certificate, 2nd place got a 50, and 3rd place got a 25.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It was a blast! Wish I could’ve stayed longer, but work….booooooooo

Having to get up at 3 in the morning is barbaric. You have my sympathy. I know dang well I could not safely operate a motor vehicle at that time of day. 'Twas nice to lay eyes on ya, though!

VU Sponsors