Become a Patron!

Be warned: Older adults who take PPIs have a 44% increased risk of developing dementia

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Just a note worth mentioning that these two publications are sponsored by trade associations - and so is much of the research

Jimi's link also cites research published in a trade journal :confused:

I think the biggest point to make is that if you make healthier dietary choices you won't need these meds to begin with and also decrease you chances of developing dementia in addition to likely having a longer life in better health

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a note worth mentioning that these two publications are sponsored by trade associations - and so is much of the research

Jimi's link also cites research published in a trade journal :confused:

I think the biggest point to make is that if you make healthier dietary choices you won't need these meds to begin with and also decrease you chances of developing dementia in addition to likely having a longer life in better health
my point being is data can be skewed. In full disclosure I'm a fan of natural, organic's and not big Pharma but at the same time one needs to do their research and decide for themselves. Shit can go to the extreme on both ends, like these anti-vaxers which IMO are fucking nuts and threat to general health of us all. In the same breath I don't take flue shots because I believe one can go to far.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me the best thing if I feel like the flue coming on I get a big bowel of Menudo and if it's really coming on strong my magic bullet is Osha Extract. I haven't had the flue in years and I do mean years.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my point being is data can be skewed. In full disclosure I'm a fan of natural, organic's and big Pharma but at the same time one needs to do their research and decide for themselves. Shit can go to the extreme on both ends, like these anti-vaxers which IMO are fucking nuts and threat to general health of us all. In the same breath I don't take flue shots because I believe one can go to far.
Well, I appreciate your opinion, but no one skews data as much as Big Pharma. i have been screwed over by the medical profession many times in my life and have turned to natural. And if you are talking about the flu vaccine, well actually any vaccine if they would take out all the toxins then maybe I could see it...................................And if everybody got their vaccinations then why would the anti's put anybody in danger, well unless the vaccines don't work

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The real ironic part is that alot of these people's acid reflux could easily be traced back to their diets, including the GMO foods they eat.and grains.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I appreciate your opinion, but no one skews data as much as Big Pharma. i have been screwed over by the medical profession many times in my life and have turned to natural. And if you are talking about the flu vaccine, well actually any vaccine if they would take out all the toxins then maybe I could see it...................................And if everybody got their vaccinations then why would the anti's put anybody in danger, well unless the vaccines don't work
I hold high skepticism like I do with "studies show vaping to be worse than smoking".

Again, not a fan of Big Pharma but like anything I try to look at both (all) sides and come to my own opinion.

VU Sponsors