Become a Patron!

Beginer/advanced dripping Squonking

hi need some help , getting back into RDAs and will buy/build coils for it so i need help regarding the right W to use with the coils as i will have different resistances how to know what is the best/optimal W to use with them? its a bit difficult for me cause unlike regular sub ohm tank coils it does not come with the best vaping W range as a guideline, and some ppl would say start at this W and increase it gradually while noticing the change in flavor, heat and vape production but is that the only way?? like is there a chart or table some place out there that tells u if your coil resistance is this or between that and that then its best to vape at this W range?

On another point i want so bad to get into Squonking love the concept, and i think the first step is getting the right squonk mod, was thinking of buying the vandy vape pulse bf 80w mod and here is my question in RDA/RDTA/Squonk is 80W enough, like building single/double builds would you ever need to go above 80W??

hope to hear your thoughts and opinions soon.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU :wave:

Use SteamEngine to guide you through the coil building process; the calculator includes suggested wattage

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Truthfully, you will get the best vape for your tastes by experimenting rather than someone/something telling you what will suit the coil you build or bought

No opinion to offer on the latest VandyVape Pulse

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you currently vaping? That wattage range is what I would target in a Rebuildable atty.... this we I'll also help determine what mod power range you want... also do you want regulation so that wattage can be controlled or unregulated where the coil determines the wattage. I like 2x or more the wattage that I plan to vape. I vape at 30 watts or less on a 75 watt pico.....

As for dripper or tank vs squonker.... a squonker is a mod with a 8ml tank inside that feeds a dripping atomizer.... so if you want a dripper but don't want to carry a bottle of juice you get a squonker. ... if you vape high wattages and need battery life ypu might want a multi battery mod... now you gotta consider size... 8 ml bottle of juice adds some bulk to a mod.. but then so does tank atomizer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
was thinking of buying the vandy vape pulse bf 80w mod and here is my question in RDA/RDTA/Squonk is 80W enough, like building single/double builds would you ever need to go above 80W??
hope to hear your thoughts and opinions soon.

I use single battery squonk mods and my coils range from .3 - .4 ohms. My watt range is from about 28 - 42 depending on the juice. So, if you're using single coils probably from .25 and above then 80 watts will be enough.

WotofoOfficial

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Challenge Sponsor
Hi you may want to start with a deck with a large area for coils and posts for supporting larger coilbuilds as this will not only accomodate smaller builds, but gradually as you advance into hybrids you wont need to switch to a new RDA immediately. As for the optimum wattage you can check your Voltage on the regulated mod you use, just keep raising your wattage till you get a firing voltage of 3.7v to 4.2 volts this is the most common sweet spot for any type of wires.

For the coils resistance you can download an app called "vape tool pro" which can give you your resistance and ideal vaping wattage as well as heat the coil produces and such.:D

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi you may want to start with a deck with a large area for coils and posts for supporting larger coilbuilds as this will not only accomodate smaller builds, but gradually as you advance into hybrids you wont need to switch to a new RDA immediately. As for the optimum wattage you can check your Voltage on the regulated mod you use, just keep raising your wattage till you get a firing voltage of 3.7v to 4.2 volts this is the most common sweet spot for any type of wires.

For the coils resistance you can download an app called "vape tool pro" which can give you your resistance and ideal vaping wattage as well as heat the coil produces and such.:D
I use vape tool religiously

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors