Become a Patron!

beginner tank questions.

Davidl41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a 150 watt tc sigelei on the way. I also have a subtank mini coming too.

How low can you go with your ohms in this tank and mod setup? Can you point me to a blog, youtube video that has solid info on this subject (wire gage, nickel or titanium for temp control, how to properly create a coil).

What do you do with excess liquid if you plan to switch e liquids (It would be messy to spill out 5ml of e liquid if you want to swap it out)? I was thinking of getting another subtank mini so I can swap the tanks with different liquids. It would cost a little more but at 30 bucks its not too bad plus I can make 2 coils at one time for both tanks.

How low of a coil can a 150 watt handle? I've seen some in the .015. Is .4 to .6 the "sweet spot" as I think that is most common.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, according to a few sites, the Sigelei TC 150 watt device you got can fire down to .1 ohms.

That's pretty low for a regulated device. I can't find the resistance range for Nickel wire. You will find with trial and error what resistance you prefer to vape at.

I don't own any tanks, I have a crown I'm ready to order, which will be my first. Others might have a great way to change liquid out, I know a buddy of mine has two tanks, like you said, and fills two flavors up.

If you like to change flavors a lot, you can just fill it up halfway, of course you'll have to get the other flavor out of the wick first by vaping it, or re wicking I suppose.

It looks like when I look at steam-engine - it doesn't have the TC Sigelei on the Mod Range - you can use 150 watts with a coil that's around .3 ohms, but I do not know exactly. It takes a specific resistance to be able to use that much power, as well as a juice that will handle the heat.

Last edited:

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
from my understanding, the Sig 150 TC will fire down to .1 in power mode and .05 in temp mode...

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes, it will work on a 60w mod... if the mod is sub ohm capable, I'd go with the .5ohm single coil, if not, I'd go with the 1.2 ohm single coil, if it is tc capable, ni200...

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a 150 watt tc sigelei on the way. I also have a subtank mini coming too.

How low can you go with your ohms in this tank and mod setup? Can you point me to a blog, youtube video that has solid info on this subject (wire gage, nickel or titanium for temp control, how to properly create a coil).

What do you do with excess liquid if you plan to switch e liquids (It would be messy to spill out 5ml of e liquid if you want to swap it out)? I was thinking of getting another subtank mini so I can swap the tanks with different liquids. It would cost a little more but at 30 bucks its not too bad plus I can make 2 coils at one time for both tanks.

How low of a coil can a 150 watt handle? I've seen some in the .015. Is .4 to .6 the "sweet spot" as I think that is most common.

There are loads of youtube videos that demonstrate building on the Subtank. Do a quick search and you'll be set on the right track. The one thing that they might not say, that I recommend, is to change out the drip tip for one that won't get as hot, such as a delrin, POM, or glass drip tip. You don't have to pay a lot of money. I get mine from fasttech. They aren't the best but they save my lips a lot of pain when I crank up the power.

The Kanger Subtank is great, but it isn't designed to use nearly the power of other sub ohm tanks. It's a very efficient sub ohm tank. A little power goes a long way. I almost never even take mine up to 30 watts, which is why it's do popular. Nearly any mod can rock the thing. Now with a TC coil you can go way past that, but with kanthal you don't need all that much.

If you really want to throw power at a tank consider the Uwell Crown. 30 watts just tickles it. It'll go through your juice about 4x faster than your Subtank. A lot of people don't put anything more than 3mg high VG juice in it. That's the main drawback. Feeding the thing. The Kanger Subtank respects your vape budget. The Crown & TFV4 laugh at it.

VU Sponsors