Become a Patron!

Best 150/200w mod?

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been doing a ton of research. I currently have a coolfire for tc100 but want to get something I can mess around with above 100w. What do you guys recommend? I've been looking at the rx200 and the s model, cuboid, tarot 200, ipv5. The cuboid throws me off with is low 25 amp limit, which means running coils with .1-.2 will only allow me to get 100w. I have the herakles plus as well and am looking for a tank above that. Let me know what you guys think. I'm trying not to spend a huge amount of money.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you looking to use it for TC, power mode, or a combination of both?

For TC I prefer the DNA200 chip. A lot of people also like the HomeTech G2. The VT133 uses a DNA200 chip (capped at 133 watts because it uses 2 x 18650's - Just under your stated 150 watt minimum but it's the least expensive DNA200 I know of and also one of my favorites) and can be had for around $80 with a coupon code from Ecig.com. The G2 I believe is also available from the same place at ~$75.

Out of your list I'd probably go with the IPV5 since it uses a Yihi chip which are also good in TC. I have the DNA200 version of the RX200 and I'm not a big fan of the form factor. It feels good in hand but is on the heavy side (3 x 18650's) and isn't the most pocket friendly mod (personal preference - you might not feel the same way). I have no experience at all with the other mods on your list so I'll leave it to others to comment on them.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I really think 2 x 18650 mods should be capped at no more than 150 watts. It's really about as much power as you can squeeze out of two 18650's safely throught the battery run (most of us use 20 amp CDR cells). Most dual battery mods that are rated over 150 watts pulse when set above 150 watts for that reason. If you really want to hit the 200 watt mark, you should go with a 3 cell mod. Be safe!

Last edited:

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to use it in a combination of both tc and power. Not looking to spend a ton of money but want something good.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ipv5 is a beast. It's a little on the tall side but I love it. Yihi board is awesome. Very pocketable mod. My only complaint is its not set up for 316SS but that's easily remedied because it has a tcr function. The G2 is my favorite tc mod but boy is she ugly. She's kind of like a moped fun to ride until your friends see you. Lol. Ecig.com has the G2 and ipv5 on sale right now. They have the Ipv5 for $38 use code iloveyou for another 5% off. At that price it's a no brainer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw the ipv5 on ecig but they only have silver which isn't terrible but I wanted black.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw the ipv5 on ecig but they only have silver which isn't terrible but I wanted black.
At that price it could be pink and I wouldn't give a shit. I have the silver and it's more of a SS look. I really like it.
05407add60649385b352b6730710fd1c.jpg

Here's my tall boy with my tall boy tank.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did a search on Vapecrawler for the IPV5. Looks like quite a few places have listings for it (I think Ecig.com is the least expensive). Here's the link if you want to see if your preferred color is available for a reasonable price:
http://www.vapecrawler.com/results/ipv5

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I've bought quite a few things from Ecig.com and have had nothing but pleasant experiences using them. Highly recommend them as a vendor.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the RX200 and the IPV5. Both are nice. The IPV5 with the yihi chip hits like a beast though. Just traded my black to Vash for his white one. Color does not matter to me at all. I'm not fond of the cuboid at all. For just reliability the Fuchai is nice. Not as hard hitting as the IPV5 ( I find myself cranking up the watts higher) but the form factor and finishing is spot on.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the RX200 and the IPV5. Both are nice. The IPV5 with the yihi chip hits like a beast though. Just traded my black to Vash for his white one. Color does not matter to me at all. I'm not fond of the cuboid at all. For just reliability the Fuchai is nice. Not as hard hitting as the IPV5 ( I find myself cranking up the watts higher) but the form factor and finishing is spot on.
Do you like the ipv more than the ruleaux? And what does the ipv fire down to for resistance?

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On power mode the IPV5 fires down to .15 ohm. However, below .15 I put the mod in TC (even with kanthal), set Temp for the lowest value, set to TI and then adjust joules to taste. So actually I've vaped my RDAs as low as .08. I like the RX 200 for battery life but the IPV5 chip is better.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would hold off on the ipv5 if size is a concern as the ipv400 is due to drop any say now. It uses the same reliable yihi chip but it's smaller I have an ipv5 and will be buying the 400 as soon as it comes out. Great board but quite tall.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would hold off on the ipv5 if size is a concern as the ipv400 is due to drop any say now. It uses the same reliable yihi chip but it's smaller I have an ipv5 and will be buying the 400 as soon as it comes out. Great board but quite tall.
Not really worried too much above size. I mean I don't want it huge. The ipv is probably as big ish as I'd want.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not really worried too much above size. I mean I don't want it huge. The ipv is probably as big ish as I'd want.
The Ipv5 is comfortable and pocketable its just a hair on the tall side.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own the IPV5 and really like it. It's tall but with a shorter tank or RDA pocketing it is no problem. The RX200 is another one of my favorites. It's big but still easily carried in the pocket. I just got a Vaporshark DNA 200 this morning and if it's in your budget it's well worth looking at. It's really small, lite and has a ton of power. The battery life sucks but 2 amp charging makes up for it. Pretty much every new device out there is 100+ watts so there is no shortage of options.

I just went through the exact same thing and chose the IPV5. However best is still a DNA200, its just around 4 times the cost so it depends what you want to spend.

maddcatt vapors

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Show Host
VU Live Host
I would recommed the IPV5 or the Rx200. I use the Rx200 all day everyday. Another great mod that takes a beating and keeps on ticking is the IPV 3LI, thats my other all day use mode. Check out Maddcatt Vapors clearance section lots of stuff their marked down. You can also use the code VULIVE15 to take 15% off anything.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just went through the exact same thing and chose the IPV5. However best is still a DNA200, its just around 4 times the cost so it depends what you want to spend.
Go to ecig.com get a Vt133 for $88 use code iloveyou and get another 5% off. It's my favorite DNA.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hohm Wrecker G2 Hands down is the Best 150-200w Mod IMO
It fires anything, Ive fired down to .03 in Wattage Mode...
It TC's Anything, just put it in xXx Mode and Set FSK, works on Kanthal/N80/SS/Gold/Silver/Ect and Everything Combined...
The new update gives 171w peak power, the Wattage is also much more realistic then just about any other mod Ive used....Most 200w Mods maxed out feel the same as 80-100w on the G2.
It fires a coil, theres no ramp up time or delay, your coil is instantly at the point of where you set the wattage or Temp...Its pretty amazing and hard to go back to other mods for this reason. The vape feels similar to a Mech, smooth and steady. not constantly get hotter and hotter...
Its Lighter then the Batteries you put in it...
Its Heavy Duty, you can seriously run it over in your car and only scratch it..
Its efficient, your batteries last forever compared to most mods.
Its updatable and often has updates.
Its USB/Update port is hidden behind the battery door...

Its around $80 on Ecig.com and use the coupon codes mentioned earlier if you want it cheaper...

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of the 170+ watt mods I have the RX200S, IPV5 and Hohm Wrecker G2. Of those 3 if I could only keep 1 it would be the G2 followed by the IPV5. The RX200S has been working great since I got it but the other 2 just perform better and the G2 really works for TC on every wire, it kicks ass once you know how to use it.

I would pick the G2 over a DNA200 mod as well personally, I had a Reuleaux DNA200 that I eventually sold to a friend as I am too ADHD to sit and mess with the escribe software for anything more than a 20 minutes. The G2 was intimidating at first and I thought I might not like it until I read through the G2 thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hohm-wrecker-g2.191406/ and found that you can just keep it in xXx mode (all metals mode) and just adjust FSK and your golden, easy peasy. It also fires like a beast in power mode.

I do use a VF Stout for the road, compact, easy to pocket and the 26650 will last me all day. Hohm is coming out with the Slice which is also a 26650 mod with the same chip as the G2, really tempted to pick one up. Performance wise the dual 18650 G2 will out do the Slice easily but there mods for different uses, I don't find the G2 or the IPV5 very pocketable, it's doable but not as pocket friendly as the single 26650 mods.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Slice looks nice and pocketable. But at 101w there's not much reason for me to purchase since I have the coolfire 4 tc100. May not be as good but I don't see the purpose of paying extra for 1 more watt and kanthal temp control. I like the g2 but it looks big and bulky. Can't seem to find the dimensions and it's literally a box... no rounded corners scares me since I have tiny hands

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Slice looks nice and pocketable. But at 101w there's not much reason for me to purchase since I have the coolfire 4 tc100. May not be as good but I don't see the purpose of paying extra for 1 more watt and kanthal temp control. I like the g2 but it looks big and bulky. Can't seem to find the dimensions and it's literally a box... no rounded corners scares me since I have tiny hands
I rarely vape over 85w in tc. So 101w is plenty for me. I just want that FSK chip in a nicer looking box. Love my G2 but boy is she fugly. Lol.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The more I read about it the better it sounds but yeah it does look rather ugly. If I get the g2 I'd put a wrap on it but it'd still be a box lol true definition of a box mod

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The more I read about it the better it sounds but yeah it does look rather ugly. If I get the g2 I'd put a wrap on it but it'd still be a box lol true definition of a box mod
Whenever I bring it out people are like WTF is that. Lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still say check out the VT133. I'm using one of mine right now. Just can't go wrong at the price it's at imo. I won't mention it again, but I think you should at least check it out.

Cheers,
Steve

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I looked into it but I don't think I'd be a fan of the escribe and having to deal with that. It may not be hard but it's an extra step I don't want to deal with

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still say check out the VT133. I'm using one of mine right now. Just can't go wrong at the price it's at imo. I won't mention it again, but I think you should at least check it out.

Cheers,
Steve
Wings we gotta get you on board with the FSK board.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wings we gotta get you on board with the FSK board.

I'm pretty well set on mods atm. The one that is on my radar if I was to buy one more is the as yet to be released Lavabox that uses a DNA75 chip with a single 18650 battery. It's the same form as it's bigger brother, just smaller. I have a soft spot for my Lavabox's, especially the Blood Red.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm pretty well set on mods atm. The one that is on my radar if I was to buy one more is the as yet to be released Lavabox that uses a DNA75 chip with a single 18650 battery. It's the same form as it's bigger brother, just smaller. I have a soft spot for my Lavabox's, especially the Blood Red.

Cheers,
Steve
I'm chomping at the bit for that Vaporflask DNA133. Oooh boy!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Who needs these vape deal sites when we have Deucesjack? Just ordered 2 Slice and a 2 pack of Hohm Grown 26650's to try out.

Thanks for looking out bro!
Glad I could help bro. I just ordered another one too with the Hohmtech batteries. Now I got a black and red one on they way. Can't wait to have this lil beast in my hand. Lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any idea when the slice will release?
I was on the phone with The Cloudy Vapor this morning. I asked the same question. He told me that he was in Vegas with the Hohmtech guys. He said the earliest is the first week in June the latest is the 2nd week in June. Apparently, they're going over this thing with a fine tooth comb and they have a few thousand pre orders. They said they just want to make sure this thing is released right unlike the original Hohm Wrecker debacle.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At least they care! Since it's a single 26650 can you just charge througha USB cord rather than buying a seperate battery charger?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least they care! Since it's a single 26650 can you just charge througha USB cord rather than buying a seperate battery charger?
I'm not sure if you can charge through USB but I always recommend charging in a battery charger for a couple of reasons.
1. You can always have a charged battery at the ready, just switch batteries and plop the used one in the charger,
2. Charging in the mod can put stress on the USB jack. (mainly the first reason, but both are valid)
3. It's safer imo.

I have a XTAR VC4 that I picked up for $20 shipped when it was on sale. It's a great charger. It will do 4 x 18650's, 2 x 26650's. It will also charge regular rechargeables that you use in remotes, etc (NiCd, MiMh).

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not sure if you can charge through USB but I always recommend charging in a battery charger for a couple of reasons.
1. You can always have a charged battery at the ready, just switch batteries and plop the used one in the charger,
2. Charging in the mod can put stress on the USB jack. (mainly the first reason, but both are valid)
3. It's safer imo.

I have a XTAR VC4 that I picked up for $20 shipped when it was on sale. It's a great charger. It will do 4 x 18650's, 2 x 26650's. It will also charge regular rechargeables that you use in remotes, etc (NiCd, MiMh).

While I'm not a fan of in mod charging either the Slice LE has 3 amp charging on board.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it has 3 amp charging then they aren't against it obviously... makes me wonder cause most manufacturers say they can but recommend not to. Hohm if they are including a 3 amp option must be all for it

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If it has 3 amp charging then they aren't against it obviously... makes me wonder cause most manufacturers say they can but recommend not to. Hohm if they are including a 3 amp option must be all for it
It has 3 amp charging.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's what I mean... so they must not be against charging in the device.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Deuces I came across ed the sigelei 213 fuchai on ecig.com. $60 comes with 2 batteries. Can use the 20% memorial day code and get it even less. What do you think of the original 213?

VU Sponsors