Become a Patron!

Best 25mm RTA

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you take the afc ring off the vcmt the condensation problem is fixed. No more juice ring sitting under the rim of the tank. It does look a little weird, and obviously you have wide open air flow. To me the sacrafice is well worth it. I run it wide open anyway. Take a small flat screwdriver and put it in the airflow. Pry downward and the afc ring should start to come off. Do the other side and it should be loose enough to remove. Keep that little disc on so there won't be a gap between tank and mod. Just fyi in case you haven't tried and want to alleviate the leaky air flow holes.

Thanks, I may have to try and run it like that. I did get http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1366378 made on shapeways. It eliminated the ring on the mod, but it eventually starts to overflow. Plus it doesn't really stay tight in the base. Sort of just slips on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Beginning to wonder if some on here don't work for Augvape :/

Man, I wish I could work for Augvape - their products are amazing!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you take the afc ring off the vcmt the condensation problem is fixed. No more juice ring sitting under the rim of the tank. It does look a little weird, and obviously you have wide open air flow. To me the sacrafice is well worth it. I run it wide open anyway. Take a small flat screwdriver and put it in the airflow. Pry downward and the afc ring should start to come off. Do the other side and it should be loose enough to remove. Keep that little disc on so there won't be a gap between tank and mod. Just fyi in case you haven't tried and want to alleviate the leaky air flow holes.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VAPE ON

larsopa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, I may have to try and run it like that. I did get http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1366378 made on shapeways. It eliminated the ring on the mod, but it eventually starts to overflow. Plus it doesn't really stay tight in the base. Sort of just slips on.

I saw that piece when I was looking for a fix for the leaking (condensation) problem. I figured it would eventually fill up and over flow....it's gotta go somewhere right?. I eventually got frustrated and tried to pry off the afc ring after determining that the ONLY thing that could be leaking is condensation. I thought at least I would be able to wipe off the condensation before it got under my tank. I was happy to find out that the condensation stopped alltogether without the ring on there. You get a little bit of misty splatter on the mod but nothing more than when you use an rda....and it's not under the tank and oozing into the 510 connection. The VCMT is still in my top two along with the Smok TFRTA. VCMT is great with pretty much any build. Some wires don't perform like I prefer in the smok but when you get the right builds in there its right up there with the vcmt in flavor and vapor.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RTA = Air from the bottom, juice from the sides.
RDTA = Air from the sides, juice from the bottom (just like a bottom fed RDA).

RTA: Griffin25
RDTA: Aronamizer Supreme

larsopa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why yu do that? You just HAve to clean ur ur AFC?

VAPE ON
Not sure what you mean. The AFC ring collects condensation and it leaks down between the afc ring and the base of tank, creating a ring of juice that sits under the tank whether the ring is clean or not. You cannot wipe the juice off unless you unscrew the tank from mod every 10 hits. With the ring removed, this doesn't happen. At least, this was the problem with mine and solution that I found to work best for me.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure what you mean. The AFC ring collects condensation and it leaks down between the afc ring and the base of tank, creating a ring of juice that sits under the tank whether the ring is clean or not. You cannot wipe the juice off unless you unscrew the tank from mod every 10 hits. With the ring removed, this doesn't happen. At least, this was the problem with mine and solution that I found to work best for me.
Ok

VAPE ON

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So just wanted to let everyone know I got my Boreas... Attached a pic of it sitting on my new VT75.. Anyway wanted to thank everyone.. I really love it.. build quality is so much better then what it looked like in the pictures.. vape quality is great.. Air flow is so smooth.. Don't have any leaking or anything.. i am in love.. puts out slightly less vapor then my limitless with the same build but man oh man it is close enough.. flavor is great too.. i couldn't be happier.. glad i didn't get the griffin.. thanks so much

Attachments

• 20160605_002311.jpg
    20160605_002311.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 45

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
468a6ad0-0db4-4d1f-8956-8b5c70e90290.png

Get another --- you won't regret it!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite is the Aromamizer Supreme. Easy to build/wick, great flavor, doesn't leak. I also prefer having separate air and juice flow controls. Knurling in all the right places. Did I mention it's my favorite tank :D

PS It's the first tank I've had that I don't run the juice flow control wide open, which I like. I also like that it's a ring on the outside so even when using black/smoke glass, adjusting it isn't hindered.

Cheers,
Steve

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite is the Aromamizer Supreme. Easy to build/wick, great flavor, doesn't leak. I also prefer having separate air and juice flow controls. Knurling in all the right places. Did I mention it's my favorite tank :D

PS It's the first tank I've had that I don't run the juice flow control wide open, which I like. I also like that it's a ring on the outside so even when using black/smoke glass, adjusting it isn't hindered.

Cheers,
Steve
How come you ain't jumping on the BOREAS?
Just curious

VAPE ON

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How come you ain't jumping on the BOREAS?
Just curious

VAPE ON
Well, I don't have anything against it. I just like having separate airflow and juice control. I also like tanks with knurling to make it easier to turn the parts that you need to. I just don't feel like the Boreas would provide me with anything the Supreme doesn't already provide. I'm not in any way saying the Boreas is bad, I'm just very happy with my Supremes.

Cheers,
Steve

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I don't have anything against it. I just like having separate airflow and juice control. I also like tanks with knurling to make it easier to turn the parts that you need to. I just don't feel like the Boreas would provide me with anything the Supreme doesn't already provide. I'm not in any way saying the Boreas is bad, I'm just very happy with my Supremes.

Cheers,
Steve
Fair enough

VAPE ON

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Cheers,
Steve

The latest batches of Boreas have the top knurling BTW

Johnny Hotsauce

Member For 4 Years
I've yet to use a Boreas yet but I must try one of these after all the good things I hear about it.

I know it's not a 25mm but right now I'm voting for the Billow v3, the damn thing just works and so far I love this thing! I see they just came out with a plus version (25mm), if it's as good as the 23mm little brother it's probably a solid RTA then.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've yet to use a Boreas yet but I must try one of these after all the good things I hear about it.

I know it's not a 25mm but right now I'm voting for the Billow v3, the damn thing just works and so far I love this thing! I see they just came out with a plus version (25mm), if it's as good as the 23mm little brother it's probably a solid RTA then.
I've had the Billow V3 Plus for a little over a month now. It's not bad at all but I prefer the Supreme.
The Attack of the 25mm Atomizers - AKA Gotta Love Vape Mail

Cheers,
Steve

Johnny Hotsauce

Member For 4 Years
I've had the Billow V3 Plus for a little over a month now. It's not bad at all but I prefer the Supreme.
The Attack of the 25mm Atomizers - AKA Gotta Love Vape Mail

Cheers,
Steve
Boreas or Supreme are next on my list to try, might have to wait a few weeks to order since I've been on an RTA/RDA buying spree over the past 2 weeks and need to let the bank account cool of bit, lol.

I think I might pass on the v3 Plus since I already have the smaller v3, I really don't see much sense in running out to grab basically the same RTA but just 2mm bigger.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Boreas or Supreme are next on my list to try, might have to wait a few weeks to order since I've been on an RTA/RDA buying spree over the past 2 weeks and need to let the bank account cool of bit, lol.

I think I might pass on the v3 Plus since I already have the smaller v3, I really don't see much sense in running out to grab basically the same RTA but just 2mm bigger.
I don't think you can wrong with either one of those RTA's. Seems like it just comes down to personal preference. Both get great reviews!

Cheers,
Steve

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up the Tobeco 25mm Mini Super RTA. Nice little tank for $16.50 (ecig.com). Slightly restricted air flow creates intense flavor and plenty of clouds. OK machining quality, a few bur's, but nothing major.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up the Tobeco 25mm Mini Super RTA. Nice little tank for $16.50 (ecig.com). Slightly restricted air flow creates intense flavor and plenty of clouds. OK machining quality, a few bur's, but nothing major.

Been looking at this tank from day , what u think?

VAPE ON

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been looking at this tank from day , what u think?

VAPE ON

So far so good, I'll keep it in the rotation for a while. I do like a little airier draw, but the flavor is real good. The airflow is about the same as the Alleria, little less the the Griffin 25.

I ordered a moonshot 24, Limitlessrdt, and TFV8, so then may jump ahead in line, we'll see.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far so good, I'll keep it in the rotation for a while. I do like a little airier draw, but the flavor is real good. The airflow is about the same as the Alleria, little less the the Griffin 25.

I ordered a moonshot 24, Limitlessrdt, and TFV8, so then may jump ahead in line, we'll see.

Ecig don't even have a photo of the tank
You know there's a V2 of this tank right?

VAPE ON

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ecig don't even have a photo of the tank
You know there's a V2 of this tank right?

VAPE ON

IDK, it's the 25mm RTA version. I think it just came out.
1caf156b4243560ddb5e0e88bbc68b1b.jpg

mcginnis314

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought the Boreas in black last night... hope i like it.. just really don't like the dull look of it.. but the only place i could even hear one bad thing about it was from grimm green everyone else gave it crazy good reviews.. What i wished was that I could watch a review that compared the griffin to the boreas but no such luck.. either way doesn't matter anymore cause i bought it..
Get the gold AFC and a gold drip tip. I got 2 that way, and they look amazing.

uploadfromtaptalk1465761624844.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will put in a vote for the Billow V3 Plus and Aromamizer Supreme. Both are good tanks that I use daily. Everyone keeps pushing the Boreas but without the ability to shut off the juice when filling, I do not want one. Unless a tank is a bottom fill, you need a juice shutoff or to me you are just asking for leaking. I filled my Aromamizer once without closing the juice flow (by mistake) and I ended up with half a tank of juice all over my mod, my table, and my hands! I would not buy ANY top fill tank without juice flow control. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. YMMV

Sincerely,
Mr. Chainvapor

13450313_10205048307407955_6385630084355093450_n.jpg

See the Billow V3 Plus on my RX200 above. Awesome flavor and clouds!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will put in a vote for the Billow V3 Plus and Aromamizer Supreme. Both are good tanks that I use daily. Everyone keeps pushing the Boreas but without the ability to shut off the juice when filling, I do not want one. Unless a tank is a bottom fill, you need a juice shutoff or to me you are just asking for leaking. I filled my Aromamizer once without closing the juice flow (by mistake) and I ended up with half a tank of juice all over my mod, my table, and my hands! I would not buy ANY top fill tank without juice flow control. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. YMMV

Sincerely,
Mr. Chainvapor

13450313_10205048307407955_6385630084355093450_n.jpg

See the Billow V3 Plus on my RX200 above. Awesome flavor and clouds!
What are u talking about bro?
When you fill
You shut the AFC/JFC at the same time, yes they are not separate and it's a con for others not for me n for many...

VAPE ON

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you fill
You shut the AFC/JFC at the same time, yes they are not separate and it's a con for others not for me n for many...

VAPE ON
The joined afc/jc I really like, it's a plus in my book.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you fill

VAPE ON
I originally said that I didn't want a Boreas, after watching the review that Advance Vape Supply gave, I truly do want one now. A tank that acts like a dripper? HELL YA!!!

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I originally said that I didn't want a Boreas, after watching the review that Advance Vape Supply gave, I truly do want one now. A tank that acts like a dripper? HELL YA!!!

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
My two favorite Tanks

4b7c680ad31abd2e676c48e77dbd5635.jpg

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smok TF g4 is nice if you like challenging build deck. But I do love my aromamizer v1 got 2.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When you fill

VAPE ON

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought the boreas did not have JFC.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought the boreas did not have JFC.
Yes you misunderstood, you are also very wrong about top fill tanks always leak.

I have
Crown
Bellus
Modfather
Cleito
Goblin mini V1 and V2

All of them top fill with no JC, no leaking issues with them other than user error. I also vape 50/50 to max VG, no leaks that are not contributed to user error.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes you misunderstood, you are also very wrong about top fill tanks always leak.

I have
Crown
Bellus
Modfather
Cleito
Goblin mini V1 and V2

All of them top fill with no JC, no leaking issues with them other than user error. I also vape 50/50 to max VG, no leaks that are not contributed to user error.

Ok, Well good for you! Every top fill I have ever seen leaks other than ones with a juice shut off. That has been my experience. So you have yours and I have mine. I am happy to see you have good luck with top fill tanks. I will stick with my Billow V3 Plus and my Aromamizer Supreme.

Later,
Mr. Chainvapor

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, Well good for you! Every top fill I have ever seen leaks other than ones with a juice shut off. That has been my experience. So you have yours and I have mine. I am happy to see you have good luck with top fill tanks. I will stick with my Billow V3 Plus and my Aromamizer Supreme.

Later,
Mr. Chainvapor
Well maybe if you asked some questions to see what you're doing wrong maybe you'd resolve the issues. But being an ass won't really get you anywhere.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well maybe if you asked some questions to see what you're doing wrong maybe you'd resolve the issues. But being an ass won't really get you anywhere.

I was trying really hard after your last condescending post to be as polite as I could, but now you are just being a complete fucking dick. It's funny, I just made a few statements in my original post and you started being an ASS then you come back at me with this? Do you own a mirror? If you do, you could see that you are the one being an ASS. So why don't you do us all a favor and FUCK OFF!

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever notice how aggressive vapors are to each other. lol.. makes me laugh but vapers tend to take it really personally when someone doesn't like a product that they think is great.. then the bashing starts.. Myself is probably guilty of this too. And don't get me wrong it is every entertaining for the rest of us.. But really chill out..

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ever notice how aggressive vapors are to each other. lol.. makes me laugh but vapers tend to take it really personally when someone doesn't like a product that they think is great.. then the bashing starts.. Myself is probably guilty of this too. And don't get me wrong it is every entertaining for the rest of us.. But really chill out..

Your right. Sorry bout that. Just could not take it anymore. Happy Vaping!

CV

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, especially when it's pointed out that they could possibly be wrong or different preferences. Everyone has an opinion and variety of tastes , too many take shit way to personal.

Cheers,
Steve

Second to that. I like to have separate afc and jfc, more option.

VU Sponsors