Become a Patron!

Best 50w mod?

Ahow216

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree the SX330 chip in the IPV2 could be the DNA30 killer! The Ipv2 has surprisingly good battery life for only holding a single 18650, and this baby CRANKS at 50 watts! I'm completely impressed with this device, especially for the very reasonable $110 I picked mine up for!

Attachments

• 14 - 1.jpg
    14 - 1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 28

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so i have to say I love my SX350 (Thanks Mod Envy!) I won the chip from Mod Envy so I decided on a dual 18650 box mod for the Battery life.
20140622_164041_zpsd5358161.jpg

20140622_164322_zps16b48f18.jpg
These pics are before the 50 watt upgrade. Love the SX350, and will be building another one in one of the Chana boxes. Here is the link to the build pics http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/oggy7878/library/SX350 Build?sort=6&page=1

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks great.

Ahow216

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn! That thing looks awesome!

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just received my iPV2 50. First and foremost...watch the top screw on the back plate. I had read that others stripped it so I was extra careful...still stripped it. Had to drill out the head of the screw, lift off the plate and grab what was left of the screw with a needle nose pliers to unscrew it. OK, first hurdle done. Slapped in a fresh Sony and a spare screw that came with the mod..back in business. I must say, I like the texture, the look and the operation of the mod. Feels cheep and light weight. This is where the aluminum box mods win. I prefer a mod that feels substantial...not beastly heavy but I want to know it's there and that it has something to it.
First test run was with triple 28 ga twisted sleeper coil, 6 wraps each. Registers .35 ohms of the ohmeter and .3 on the iPV2. Started at 15 watts and worked my way up to 50. Vapor production at lower watts was still good and the flavor was excellent. As the watts increased, the vapor production followed suit and the flavor began to fall off. Went from a cool vape to one that was so hot I could only do a 3-4 second pull. Normally I can do 6-8 easily. Once I had completed the heavy lifting I started swapping a variety of attys ranging from the Cerberus at .17 ohms to an iClear 30s at 2.1 ohms. The post on the 510 connection has a Phillips head so you can adjust the height. With the Hanna, some attys fired, others didn't. The iPV2 fired on every single atty and kicked ass I might add.
These are a lot of the reasons I chose to hold off on the ipv2 for them edited version where they'd iron out all the issues and I'm so happy I did. I've got the ip2S and I couldn't be happier with it, just works perfectly in every way =]

VU Sponsors