Become a Patron!

Best Apple

dferris999

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you all lead me in the right direction, I am trying to find the best apple concentrate out there...the closest to real apple.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can you all lead me in the right direction, I am trying to find the best apple concentrate out there...the closest to real apple.

Real Apple? Depends...

Fresh real apple- FA Fuji
Cider real apple- INW Two Apple
Bakery/ Baked real apple- 60% INW Bahraini Apple Gold & 40% INW Two Apple

Ron
---
"Free beer, free beer dats my favorite brand. If I didn't have to buy its da best beer in da land. Warm, flat, funky, it don't matter to me. Da best damn beer in da whole damn world's da one you get for free." --from the band "Da Youpers"

dferris999

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I appreciate the responses and I realize I have a long way to go to understand all the flavor mixes as I am very new to DIY I bought my kit from Liquid Barn and their flavors are not bad but I always read about other flavors and not Liquid Barns.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Of the ones I have tried (which isnt many as fuji was the 2nd, didnt wish to try others so often after that)....another vote for Fuji Apple for sure, not just the best apple but one of the best flavours period. In my very amateur opinion, anybody making an apple pie type bakery without fuji, is not making an apple pie type bakery :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA's liquid amber bakes it pretty well. ;)

That's true.

Just a little bit also does well when used with my preferred 60% INW Bahraini Apple Gold & 40% INW Two Apple.;)

It may well be a generational issue. If I want my Mom's apple pie from my younger days, Fuji does not work that well for me. (Since it didn't hit the USA until the 1980's)

YMMV

Ron
----
"I know the power obedience has of making things easy which seem impossible."- Saint Teresa of Avila

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can get a pretty decent Apple Cider, Baked Apple, or Dutch Apple, just by mixing Fuji with some other things;).

I am very confident your mixes are much more than just "decent"!;)

I tried Fuji in my normal simple cider recipe and it it not work out for me as well as INW Two Apples. It was okay...just not the better of the 2. It could be because many ciders are blends of different apple varieties and for me it lacked the sharpness/sour notes usually found in blends

YMMV

Thankfully neither flavor exhibited the taste or smell similar to a rodent's den.:eek:

Ron
---
"I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful."- Marilyn Monroe

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another vote for Fuji FA. Totally a good "green" crisp Apple. I am from WA and we love our apples. Fuji is the green and the only one I have and don't really have an interest in getting another Apple since to me is gives me a pretty close to complete green apple vape for my flavor preferances...but for red apple...well that's not the right one if that's what you are looking for.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, @Teresa P, how much do you suggest? A "...Short, sweet, and to the point..." answer will do. ;):D
So sorry, went to bed on ya....lol! 3:30 am comes round pretty early here.....;)
I'd use .5-1% myself, others' tastes may vary.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am very confident your mixes are much more than just "decent"!;)

I tried Fuji in my normal simple cider recipe and it it not work out for me as well as INW Two Apples. It was okay...just not the better of the 2. It could be because many ciders are blends of different apple varieties and for me it lacked the sharpness/sour notes usually found in blends

YMMV

Thankfully neither flavor exhibited the taste or smell similar to a rodent's den.:eek:

Ron
---
"I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful."- Marilyn Monroe

Have to admit to using some other apple flavors,along with Fuji, for Cider too.
Plus I cheat a bit by using 0.5% ACV:D.

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have to admit to using some other apple flavors for Cider too.
Plus I cheat a bit by using 0.5% ACV:D.

So far I have used either/or single apple flavor in my cider mixes. I like the Fuji and the next time I mix cider, I will use it with the Two Apples.

Ron
----
"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."- Ansel Adams

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuji has a fresh, crisp apple taste, but I wouldn't say it was specifically a green apple. It isn't tart at all.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Real Apple? Depends...

Fresh real apple- FA Fuji
Cider real apple- INW Two Apple
Bakery/ Baked real apple- 60% INW Bahraini Apple Gold & 40% INW Two Apple

Ron

Ron beat me to it and his post is pretty spot on.

INW Apple is also good, it is not as strong or as tart as FA Fuji but it is a pretty realistic flavor.

FA Fuji and INW Two Apples are my favorites though, they beat the TFA and CAP versions as well which I have collecting dust. If your an apple lover you should own both, you won't regret it.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been to an apple orchard and there are many, many varieties of apples. We were on foot and each row we were allowed to try a new apple/flavor. It was pretty eye-opening.

All that said I have only tried FA Fuji since starting DIY this year. Its really good. I plan on trying more but Fuji has served me well.

VU Sponsors