Become a Patron!

BEST BATTERIES? Does ANYBODY KNOW?

battery bro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The temperature at which specific materials start to break down is known. Manufacturer is irrelevant.
Using cooling fans to regulate cell temp greatly affects performance and provides conditions that are completely different than the conditions that are present when actually using the batteries in a mod. Auxiliary cooling may make things safer for the tester, but it skews any performance or safety data that is collected.
The data collected is certainly worthy of consideration, but the difference in conditions between the test and actual use is pretty drastic and must be noted.

You are right, temperature makes a big difference. Can you describe the conditions inside your mod? It might be interesting to recreate in the lab.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For what it's worth, I use LG-he2, LG-he4, Samsung-25r, & Sony vtc-5's. In my world of vaping, they all seem to discharge and recharge about the same. I honestly can't tell the difference. The coils used are from .2 to .7ohm. Mods are Sig 100, Kato, Smpl and Praxis. Charger is a Nitecore d2.

batteries.jpg

90quattrocoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The temperature at which specific materials start to break down is known. Manufacturer is irrelevant.
Using cooling fans to regulate cell temp greatly affects performance and provides conditions that are completely different than the conditions that are present when actually using the batteries in a mod. Auxiliary cooling may make things safer for the tester, but it skews any performance or safety data that is collected.
The data collected is certainly worthy of consideration, but the difference in conditions between the test and actual use is pretty drastic and must be noted.

The batteries are being tested in an equal load rated testing. If you have some better way of testing, let's see it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't criticizing the test. I was simply stating that the test conditions don't replicate the conditions that exist when the batteries are being used in a personal vaporizer. When conditions change, results usually change. Mods don't have cooling fans that regulate cell temp. That's a pretty significant condition that is being manipulated during the test in a way that doesn't happen in a mod. If these facts bother you that's your problem.

VU Sponsors