Become a Patron!

Best Box Mod for my Atlantis 2?

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, so I recently posted something on here and I'm basicialy going to reword it so I get more information hopefully... I am looking for a Box Mod that will last me a long time as far as months/years go AND (very important) does not drain batteries really fast... Now what I would prefer is a single 18650 mod such as the IPV V2 Mini that I saw... It goes up to 70 watts which is all I need and is cheap and has USB Charging (which I currently use) In a perfect world, I would get a mod like that (or a similar one) and still get at least a few hours of battery life while chain Vaping on and off for those few hours at say about 30 watts and using my Atlantis V2 Tank... I already have 2 18650 batteries but they are different and I don't wanna sound like a cheapskate but not only would it be a lot more expensive to go with a dual 18650 model, there is no USB charging on most of them that I've seen, which would be a bummer for me... I know it's not too much trouble to simply plug in some batteries, and once I got setup I would be completely set, but I would prefer a mod with the USB charging option, and like I said mabey one that takes one battery, since I also have a backup and the one battery chargers are like $8 so I would be able to always have a battery ready for the mod... But I REALLY don't wanna spend money on any mod like I did with my current one (Smok Xpro M65) and sit around waiting for it to charge more than I even Vape! Yes that is literally what happens... For example when I got Home from work around 10 tonight it was on 100%, I Vaped it at only 30.0 watts until about 11, and it dropped to about 40% battery life and it is now 1:25 and it is still charging up (UGH) and if i take it off the charger at say 50% battery life, forget it! I get 10 minutes of Vaping, mabey 20 if I'm lucky! Yes I do chain Vape and I know .3 ohm coils on my Atlantis V2 Tank probably stretching the limits of my mod, so my question is what mods would you recommend for best battery life (and of course performance when used with sub ohm tanks, and only those I will not be going to rdas) yes I will take dual battery suggestions of course but like I said if there's any way I can go with a 1 battery model (such as the IPV V2 Mini) and still get at least like 3-5 Hours of battery life from a full charge with the way my Tank is set up I will definetly be down for that! Thanks for your suggestions!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would say an Evic VTC mini ($28.00 at efun.top) might fit the bill. Single 18650 battery device with a mini usb charging port. Good battery life and charges relatively quick. Paired with an Atlantis V2, you would have a solid setup.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@ChrisL thanks for the tip! A few questions though... Number 1 why does it say preorder? Also, are you SURE the battery life on it is good? Like it won't die on me super quickly like my Smok does (I'm just making sure because it was slightly more expensive and it is a 65 whereas that is a 60 so it just seems to me like it would die fast) but as long as the battery life is good, I will definetly consider it! Oh by the way does it have passthrough? Thanks Man!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I looked thru the owners manual, and it does not specify if it does pass thru or not. Im guessing that Efun sold all of the first batch, and is waiting on the 2nd. For the way I vape, the VTC mini lasts me 6-7 hours of moderate use. I use other devices also, so its hard to specify how long it will last you. If battery life is a top priority, I have heard good things about the Cloupor GT. 80 watts, with TC capability. It is a dual 18650 device, so it will last all day of heavy usage. Efun.top has them for 50.00 bucks.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Orlando1130 I answered your question over in the other thread. Bottom line, the eVic-VTC Mini is available now, along with the IPV D2. I get much better battery performance and life out of the D2 than the VTC. I can also recommend the SMY 60w TC Mini for exceptional battery life, it also outlasts the VTC.

There are several other popular contenders in the small, single battery form factor as well. Check out ecig.com ... most of them are available now in the $40-$50 range, and you can have them quicker than ordering from efuntop. I can't speak to the Cloupor GT that @ChrisL suggested, but Cloupor's products seem to have a higher than average failure rate.

I have written reviews on the D2 and SMY, but not the VTC yet (just haven't had time, hope to have it done today). You can follow the link in my signature to read them.

HTH

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have never used one but the istick 100 is a dual battery mod with built in charging. Can't say as to the quality of it or anything, I do know some folks around here have one, and they're less than $30 at most places. Good set of batteries will run about $14 or so. May not be something you're looking at, but there ya go. I know personally on my kbox mini I chain vape and get roughly 4 hrs battery life out of a lg he2 battery. Can't speak as to the charging on the mod because the charger was broken when I bought it therefore I got it at a discount, I use external charging anyway with a nitecore um10, like a $10 charger and I've been using it non stop for quite some time now with no issues.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@DevAuto good suggestions! I'm now looking into all of them, and leaning towards mabey the D2 but I iust REALLY don't wanna invest more money and get the same battery life results...I know at this point nobody can give me a guarantee that my battery life will even be better than my Smok, however it's worth a shot to keep researching and asking questions and then at that point I just gotta make a desicion and see for myself... But and informed desicion is always a good one so thanks again for all of your help putting up with my questions, I really appreciate it! Also pretty much unrelated but this applies to anyone, can you guys explain tempurature control to me (I'm sorry if that makes me seem annoying or like a noob but I honestly have no idea about it) I keep seeing it pop up time and time again when looking at these mods, and I'm curious to know how that works and what the benefits are of it? And also if it would benefit me personally because it appears if I do use my Atlantis Tank it wouldn't even do anything as far as that mode goes... But either way 90 percent of these mods have it so I might as well learn more about it since it is a feature I will most likely have (weather I choose to use it or not)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Okay, I'll try to give a basic overview of temperature control. There are several different ways that manufacturers implement it, so I won't go over those, the basic concept is still the same.

Temperature control allows you to set the temperature that the coil will heat up to. Once the mod gets to the temperature you have set, it will keep it at that temperature by adjusting the power to the coil. This helps to ensure that every hit is consistent. Every time you hit the fire button, it should produce the exact same results. It will also help to ensure that you don't get a dry hit. As the wick dries out, TC helps keep it from scorching the wick and causing dry hits. One other added benefit to TC is that it really seems to help with battery life, since it is consistent, and generally NOT firing a full power for every hit, there is an increase in battery life performance.

This is NOT a technical write up, just an overview in layman's terms to help with your understanding. There are a lot more variables here such as coil type, wicking material, etc. If you really want to get into understanding it, there is a ton of good info in the forums. I use TC exclusively now and absolutely love it, but not everyone does.

HTH!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If there is a vape shop near you, go check out the devices in person. Im lucky since one of the shops here in south Az is an early adaptor, meaning he buys a small lot of everything that's new or just came out. Of course he charges way too much, but anyway, I get a chance to feel the build quality etc. I review the large online retailers (dhgate, alibaba,focalecig, etc) and If I see a device im interested in, I go on youtube and see if there is a review posted by experts I trust and get reliable info that way. Unfortunately, it does take research to be an informed consumer. BTW, you can also learn vape concepts on youtube like TC.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
UPDATE: My Friend is offering my his Smok Xpro M80 Plus if I trade him my M65 and throw him $30... He is letting me try it out for a day to make sure the battery life is substantially better but I don't see why it wouldn't be because it takes 2 18650s... Any thoughts on this? I know they are built in batteries so once they go I'm fucked but as far as quality performance and battery life it would be a HUGE upgrade (although it is just an upgraded version the same device I have now) also, after talking to him I realized my Xpro M65 was not authentic, which is why i got it for really cheap, and that is possibly what's causing some of my battery problems... Anyways, I think I'm
Gonna go with this as it is my easiest option... And he guarantees way better battery life... Apperantlly he works .15 coils on it (substantially lower than my .3) and it only drains halfway after using it all day... I'm definetly going to look into this, but if anyone has any thoughts on the XPro M80 let me know

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
UPDATE: My Friend is offering my his Smok Xpro M80 Plus if I trade him my M65 and throw him $30... He is letting me try it out for a day to make sure the battery life is substantially better but I don't see why it wouldn't be because it takes 2 18650s... Any thoughts on this? I know they are built in batteries so once they go I'm fucked but as far as quality performance and battery life it would be a HUGE upgrade (although it is just an upgraded version the same device I have now) also, after talking to him I realized my Xpro M65 was not authentic, which is why i got it for really cheap, and that is possibly what's causing some of my battery problems... Anyways, I think I'm
Gonna go with this as it is my easiest option... And he guarantees way better battery life... Apperantlly he works .15 coils on it (substantially lower than my .3) and it only drains halfway after using it all day... I'm definetly going to look into this, but if anyone has any thoughts on the XPro M80 let me know
Go check the replies in the other thread, and please pick a single thread to post the same information, it makes things really confusing when cross posting in multiple threads.

Bottom line, after reading the other responses, it doesn't sound like a good idea to make this trade, despite what I posted ... :D

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
If there is a vape shop near you, go check out the devices in person. Im lucky since one of the shops here in south Az is an early adaptor, meaning he buys a small lot of everything that's new or just came out. Of course he charges way too much, but anyway, I get a chance to feel the build quality etc. I review the large online retailers (dhgate, alibaba,focalecig, etc) and If I see a device im interested in, I go on youtube and see if there is a review posted by experts I trust and get reliable info that way. Unfortunately, it does take research to be an informed consumer. BTW, you can also learn vape concepts on youtube like TC.
I hope that you are spending money in that local shop. You have the opportunity to play with some of the latest and greatest devices, so it seems only fair that you also support the local business and buy some stuff from time to time. Even if the prices are a bit on the high side, he also has over head costs to keep the doors open and continue to bring in the new stuff. I too do a lot of looking at local shops and then make some purchases on line, so I am not criticizing the method, but I do spend money in the shops as a way of saying thanks. If the on line price isn't more than 10-15 different, then I just buy it local and support the shop owners in my area. If it is more, I thank the owners and let them know my intention to buy online. Often, but not always, they can come close to meeting the price. They realize that a small profit loss still puts a little profit in their business, if they can bend a little on prices.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would agree it is a good idea to support your local shop. So I do get my coils, juice, and a couple attys from them almost weekly. But, 3-4 times mark up on newly released devices is a little steep. They have no problem selling devices to people who want it now or just don't realize online retailers are much more competitive. If something is reasonably priced, ill pick it up. If not, Ill look elsewhere. Id rather have it now, but when you vape on a budget, sometimes its better to wait on vape mail if I just saved 50% + on gear.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll sell you my istick 100 for $30 shipped. Dual batteries, usb charging, and pass through. Get it!

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll sell you my istick 100 for $30 shipped. Dual batteries, usb charging, and pass through. Get it!
Hey Man... I am VERY interested in that... How would I go about giving you the $30 tho?

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the tips Guys! Wow, I didn't even realize he was ripping me off! Plus, I'm pissed because I spent like $37 for my current Smok which as you all know blows battery life wise... Oh well live and learn I guess... Good thing is, I can sell my current mod if I choose to which I can probably get decent money for from someone who dosent sub ohm Vape because honestly it ran GREAT with my Nautlis Mini

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, to answer all you Guys who say "support your local Vape shop" I do, in fact my entire original Vape setup I got from them... But as you Guys said the mark ups in price can get crazy... For example the Smok Xpro M80 Plus that we just discussed goes for $80 there... And I just recently got atomizers for my Atlantis that were $21 for a 5 pack... I do stop by there tho whenever possible just to look around and see what they have to offer, and I am quite friendly with the owner and his staff... Plus I got both of my 18650s from there which weren't really much more than I probably would of lid online... And Juice wise well some of their Jucies are GREAT however in terms of saving me money let me put it to you this way... I can either get a 30 Ml bottle from them for like $23 or get a 240 (or something like that) ML bottle of good quality juice from Mt Baker Vapor online, have it shipped the next day, and have it last me at least a month if not more... Plus I can choose my VG settings and nic (not sure if I can at the shop but I probably could but that's not the point here) I am stopping in sometime this week most likely to get a bottle of Juice to last me until my first paycheck (this coming Friday) so I can get my usual bigass bottle from Mt Baker Vapor, but yeah as far as supporting them go I try my best, but especially now that i am working lots of hours for my money, I wanna make good investments, and going in there could easily run my prices through the roof compared to things online... I will say I used to buy my atomizers for the Nautlis there often (around $15 for a 5 pack) but as I mentioned the Atlantis coils are randomly $21 for that whereas online they are $15... Not a huge markup on that but something for the future I might switch to as long as i can find good quality ones at a cheaper price... I am not interested in spending all of my money on Vaping (no offense to any mega vapesfers out there, it's a great hobby!) but I also have many expenses as I am growing up, and I enjoy going to concerts among other things, plus the more
Money I have in the Bank the better (obviously) sorry if this sounds like a rant but yeah that's my take on that

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Man... I am VERY interested in that... How would I go about giving you the $30 tho?
Also, any chance you can hold on to it for me until Friday... That is when I get my first paycheck... I am working 7 hours tommorow so I won't be very active on here until night time, but that really does sound amazing and I heard Eleaf produces quality mods, plus getting up to 100 watts of power is a nice touch! Only other question I have too is are you including batteries? No big deal if not considering that price is unbeatable but just wondering... If you could hold on to it for me tho that would be great and I am now 90 percent sure I want this deal after watching just 1 video review of it... The $30 price also means I won't have to worry about it dying on me for some odd reason because i could easily replace it... Plus dual 18650s for better battery life USB charging and passthrough, sounds perfect to me! I hope I can trust ya haha but you seem like a stand up Guy who's just trying to help me out... But yeah let me know dude because I'm really trying to get that

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Rhyno636 Also, any chance you can hold on to it for me until Friday... That is when I get my first paycheck... I am working 7 hours tommorow so I won't be very active on here until night time, but that really does sound amazing and I heard Eleaf produces quality mods, plus getting up to 100 watts of power is a nice touch! Only other question I have too is are you including batteries? No big deal if not considering that price is unbeatable but just wondering... If you could hold on to it for me tho that would be great and I am now 90 percent sure I want this deal after watching just 1 video review of it... The $30 price also means I won't have to worry about it dying on me for some odd reason because i could easily replace it... Plus dual 18650s for better battery life USB charging and passthrough, sounds perfect to me! I hope I can trust ya haha but you seem like a stand up Guy who's just trying to help me out... But yeah let me know dude because I'm really trying to get that[/QUOTE]

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am SHOCKED no one mentioned the Eleaf Istick 100 Watt in the comments so far... Dual 18650s so great battery life I am assuming, cheap, has USB charging and passthrough and of course goes up to 100 watts and would handle my .3 ohm coils awesome I am hoping! I think that's what I'm going to go with (either $30 from rhyno or I saw it on a site for like $33 and free shipping so I could get a new one) anyways what are people's thoughts on this? again I am surprised no one mentioned it before because it seems like THE BEST option for me for sure... Unless I am missing something? Let me know what you guys think about this choice

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I did mention the eleaf 100w but I guess u missed my post lol, all good. I say go for it with that mod. All the reviews seem to say it's kinda rattletraps tho, but a sleeve for a few bucks should fix that problem. Welcome aboard and I'm glad you're able to figure out what u want.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did mention the eleaf 100w but I guess u missed my post lol, all good. I say go for it with that mod. All the reviews seem to say it's kinda rattletraps tho, but a sleeve for a few bucks should fix that problem. Welcome aboard and I'm glad you're able to figure out what u want.
@joshua lles Thanks Man, I apologize because there's so many posts on here I do overlook some... But yeah I think I have found my perfect fit! As far as the build goes, yes I have heard it is a bit rattly but like you said I can always put a sleeve over top if it... Honestly tho, it does have EVERYTHING I'm looking for at a really good price... No temp control either but that's not a huge drawback for me at least at this point, and even if I do wanna experiment with RDAs within the next year or so (which I'm assuming is when it will be so obsolete that I will get another device) the option is there and it does do up to 100 watts, so yeah again I wish I had seen your post sooner but either way I don't get paid until Friday but it will be a fat check so I should be able to get Juice and the Mod no problem and be set for a really long time XD

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@DevAuto yeah that's the site i was looking at actually, any chance that you (or anyone else) know if it will give me a legitimate one? I don't wanna go cheap like I did with my Smok and end up getting defects... I also would rather not spend the $50 or so retail price for it if I don't need to but I wanna make sure I am getting a quality mod that will last me at least a few months (aside from the cons I already know such as the build quality/button rattling which isn't really an issue for me at all)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@DevAuto yeah that's the site i was looking at actually, any chance that you (or anyone else) know if it will give me a legitimate one? I don't wanna go cheap like I did with my Smok and end up getting defects... I also would rather not spend the $50 or so retail price for it if I don't need to but I wanna make sure I am getting a quality mod that will last me at least a few months (aside from the cons I already know such as the build quality/button rattling which isn't really an issue for me at all)
To the best of my knowledge, VaporBeast is good and will send you an authentic mod. I have not actually ordered anything from them, but have come close a couple of times. @skt239 has them listed at 2nd in the top 3 sites recommended. Perhaps you can get more info direct from @skt239 ? Plus, searching the forums for "vapor beast" (including the quotes), brings up quite a few other folks that have used them too. Wish I had better info for you, HTH!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To the best of my knowledge, VaporBeast is good and will send you an authentic mod. I have not actually ordered anything from them, but have come close a couple of times. @skt239 has them listed at 2nd in the top 3 sites recommended. Perhaps you can get more info direct from @skt239 ? Plus, searching the forums for "vapor beast" (including the quotes), brings up quite a few other folks that have used them too. Wish I had better info for you, HTH!

I've ordered from them a few times, and they've been rock solid. They even refunded me for a stand that wasn't as advertised without asking me to send it back!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Happy to add more info...

I used them twice. Once to purchase a Kanger Subox kit for a friend and another time to purchase a Subtank for myself. They had same day shipping, competivive pricing and responsive customer service (I emailed to inquire about when it would ship and they replied within an hour). I only prefer my vapor store because they seem to beat out the other two on price for items im looking for.

Hope this helps.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright Guys Thanks Again for all of the feedback! Looks like I'm ordering this on Friday as soon as I get paid! A question I do have though is how should i go about the batteries? I currently have the blue Samsung and the other red one (the most common red one that I mentioned before and whoever said what it actually was called had it right) now, I have heard matching batteries are always good and Mt Baker Vapor will throw me a Samsung for $8 with my Juice order so I was wondering would it be better to use that with my other Samsung or could I just save the $8 and use Unmatching batteries? Also, the Samsung I have now is slightly used, only very slightly, but if it really makes a lot of a difference to use 2 NEW batteries of the same kind I guess I'll splurge and just but a set of Samsungs as opposed to just 1 (I find the Samsung has better battery life but the red one charges faster, so I just threw my red one in my current mod and said fuck it, especially now since I'm gonna wanna use my Samsug in my new mod most likley)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Alright Guys Thanks Again for all of the feedback! Looks like I'm ordering this on Friday as soon as I get paid! A question I do have though is how should i go about the batteries? I currently have the blue Samsung and the other red one (the most common red one that I mentioned before and whoever said what it actually was called had it right) now, I have heard matching batteries are always good and Mt Baker Vapor will throw me a Samsung for $8 with my Juice order so I was wondering would it be better to use that with my other Samsung or could I just save the $8 and use Unmatching batteries? Also, the Samsung I have now is slightly used, only very slightly, but if it really makes a lot of a difference to use 2 NEW batteries of the same kind I guess I'll splurge and just but a set of Samsungs as opposed to just 1 (I find the Samsung has better battery life but the red one charges faster, so I just threw my red one in my current mod and said fuck it, especially now since I'm gonna wanna use my Samsug in my new mod most likley)
You can use unmatched batteries, but it is not advisable. You could also add another Samsung to your order and use it with the one you have, but that is also not advisable. The best thing you could do is to buy a matched pair of Samsungs and keep them as a married pair for your mod. When they arrive, mark them 1 and 2, or A and B, and make sure you keep them together for the life of their usage in your mod. If you can afford it, buy 2 sets so that you can always have a spare set charged and ready to go.

Personally, I would recommend buying a couple sets of the LG HG2s instead of the Samsungs, for a couple of reasons. First, they will be a different color and you will be able to tell them apart easier. Second, you will get longer run times from the LGs than you will from the Samsungs.

If you do decide to buy two sets, make sure to mark them as sets and keep them that way until you wear them out and have to toss them.

HTH!

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ever got one figured out what you using? would love to know the box mod ya use looking to do that same with my avanatis 2

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@chevyman1580 Yes I have decided to go with the Eleaf Istick 100 Watt... I feel like it fits my personal preferences and criteria perfectly... However each person is different so what you may want to use could vary depending on many things... I would do like i did and ask questions as much as possible, and also go on YouTube and look at reviews of Mods... Have some sort of idea in mind of what you want and eventually the perfect one will come your way... I went thru a few different options before coming across the 100 watt Istick (only $35 too) and I will let you know my thoughts on that sometime next week which will hopefully be when I get it all setup... Also, @DevAuto damnit, so your telling me I wasted $10.40 for the red battery and $13.50 for the Samsung all in vain... Plus I need to chuck about $20 more into this? Wow this Vaping thing is really adding up money wise, and plus I'm really working hard latley so I don't wanna put too much money into this... I mean I wouldn't mind getting the one other Samsung but shit that's annoying

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The IPV4S is so sexy really been lolling into that one. Watching videos and reading reviews like you said. Thing is there is nothing wrong with my mod now just got the itch to git a new one lol. Looking at around 150 that's for the box mod 4 batteries and a 4 bank battery charger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@chevyman1580 Yes I have decided to go with the Eleaf Istick 100 Watt... I feel like it fits my personal preferences and criteria perfectly... However each person is different so what you may want to use could vary depending on many things... I would do like i did and ask questions as much as possible, and also go on YouTube and look at reviews of Mods... Have some sort of idea in mind of what you want and eventually the perfect one will come your way... I went thru a few different options before coming across the 100 watt Istick (only $35 too) and I will let you know my thoughts on that sometime next week which will hopefully be when I get it all setup... Also, @DevAuto damnit, so your telling me I wasted $10.40 for the red battery and $13.50 for the Samsung all in vain... Plus I need to chuck about $20 more into this? Wow this Vaping thing is really adding up money wise, and plus I'm really working hard latley so I don't wanna put too much money into this... I mean I wouldn't mind getting the one other Samsung but shit that's annoying
@Orlando1130 I don't know anything about this vendor, as I have never used them, but @VaporJoes posted this yesterday. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/four-pack-lg-hg2-3000mah-20a-18650-batteries-15-99.138756/ ... 4 LG HG2s for less than $20. It's an awesome price for these if they are authentic.

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow very nice price have to see what other opinions are

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@chevyman1580 there's no reason to overpay for mods if you ask me, the Istick 100 Watt seems to do just about everything besides temp control... Personally I don't need anything more than 100 watts ever either but if your into building or something mabey you will idk but I'm going with that soon and I'll let you know how it works for me
@DevAuto yeah looking into it more I realize batteries really aren't that much of an expense, especially since for about $100 or less total money if I do get the Istick 100 watt, a pair of batteries and of course some really good Juice I will be set for probably at least a year... (The Juice I'm getting will last me a month- a few months but that's besides the point Lol) but yeah I'm gonna just gonna invest fully to get the best batteries possible... Are you sure that's my best option? I heard Sony VTC 5s are really good as well... Anyone else have any opinions on best batteries? Thanks!

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Again I am sad I blew my graduation money on a Vape Setup that lasted me less than a month and was displeasing battery life wise (I should of looked it up more and just gone with the Istick from the start) but again live and learn and most importantly I am saving $8 a day on cigarettes and saving my lungs!

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok Orlando will be looking forward to ya feed back with the I stick

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Orlando1130 the LG HG2 (3000mah, 20 amp) batteries will perform just as well as the VTC 4 (2100mah, 30 amp) and VTC 5 (2600mah, 30 amp) batteries, and they will give a better runtime in the iStick 100. Unless you are going to do some really crazy building and extreme sub-ohm vaping with a mechanical mod, there is really no "realized" benefit to using the Sony VTC series batteries in the iStick. Not to mention, the Sony VTCs are hella expensive as compared to the LG HG2 or Samsung 25R batteries. I recommend you search the forums for battery information, there is a ton of good info out there.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@DevAuto their the brown ones right? I see a 2 pack on eBay for like $12 with free shipping but just making sure their the brown ones before I get them (pretty sure that is what your talking about)

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@cheyman1580 damn I just realized you said your budget is $150 (yes 4 batteries and a charger is gonna be a decent ammount extra but honestly you'll probably spend like $30 for those things) but just so you know the Istick 100 Watt also has USB charging and passthrough so you would not NEED to charge your batteries externally but you could if that's what you prefer... Also the $35 price would leave you PLENTY of wiggle room in your budget which means you can get hella Juice and still have a lot of money leftover... As for the IPV 4 that may have a better quality build (not 100 percent sure but that seems to be the case) meaning no button rattling like on the Istick and less chance of the build itself having issues such as scratches, and of course the Istick does not have temp control but again niether of those are a big issue for me... And I am speaking have not have owned either of those mods before... If you really are looking for one of the "best mods on the market" so to speak since your budget is so high mabey you could go with a higher end Sigelli as well (I heard those are really nice) but every Vaper is different and for me personally I enjoy USB charging and again for $35 you really wil not find a better mod, so I say save the money! But yeah I will definetly let you know how it runs and all, and give you as good of a review as I can once I receive it hopefully sometime next week, so keep checking back here for that

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@DevAuto their the brown ones right? I see a 2 pack on eBay for like $12 with free shipping but just making sure their the brown ones before I get them (pretty sure that is what your talking about)
Yes, they are brown, but I would NOT buy batteries from ebay! There is too big of a risk with getting counterfeit batteries, and you can't tell the quality of a counterfeit. The absolute last place you want to run a risk is with your batteries. Battery venting (exploding) is a huge risk that can cause serious harm.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@DevAuto Shit! Being the impatient dummy that I am I already ordered them before I saw your post... Couldn't beat the deal of $11.75 even though that was about all I had left in my bank account... I got a pair and they are expected to come by next Tuesday, which should be around the time I get my mod... I did contact the seller just now and ask him to be completely honest if the batteries are counterfeit or anything like that, said that I did not expect a refund, and wanted to know for sure that they were completely safe for use... they did say NEW on the ad, so hopefully I won't have to worry about them draining quickly or going anytime soon, and the seller is named safteyminds or something like that, so I am probably going to trust these, as long as he gives me a response to verify that they are safe... Last time I make a spur of the moment purchase though! Lol but then again I said that after I blew money on my Smok... But yeah hopefully these work out, let me know what you think and I'll keep you updated on the sellers response (if I get one)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@DevAuto Shit! Being the impatient dummy that I am I already ordered them before I saw your post... Couldn't beat the deal of $11.75 even though that was about all I had left in my bank account... I got a pair and they are expected to come by next Tuesday, which should be around the time I get my mod... I did contact the seller just now and ask him to be completely honest if the batteries are counterfeit or anything like that, said that I did not expect a refund, and wanted to know for sure that they were completely safe for use... they did say NEW on the ad, so hopefully I won't have to worry about them draining quickly or going anytime soon, and the seller is named safteyminds or something like that, so I am probably going to trust these, as long as he gives me a response to verify that they are safe... Last time I make a spur of the moment purchase though! Lol but then again I said that after I blew money on my Smok... But yeah hopefully these work out, let me know what you think and I'll keep you updated on the sellers response (if I get one)
Can you send me a link to the ebay listing?

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That should work... Let me know what you think! I did just view the little comment things and he has like almost a 100 percent success rate and very few negative comments, none of which mention exploding, so hopefully this works out for me!

VU Sponsors