Become a Patron!

Best Box Mod for my Atlantis 2?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Orlando1130 on the plus side, over 5000 positive feedback and 13 negative in the last year (almost everyone gets negative feedback sometime). On the minus side, many of the negatives were for defective and problematic batteries. A couple of the negatives look like counterfeit batteries could be an issue with this seller.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
That should work... Let me know what you think! I did just view the little comment things and he has like almost a 100 percent success rate and very few negative comments, none of which mention exploding, so hopefully this works out for me!
Time will tell if they are counterfeit or not. I would check the batteries with a multi-meter when you get them and see if they match the published specs. If not, I would immediately contact the seller to see about a refund.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@DevAuto thanks for your feedback again as always! Not sure how I would go about using a multimeter (or what that even is) so if you could clarify that for me... And yes, I guess I will just try them out and hope for the best! In the event they are bad though, that wouldn't mess up my mod or the battery life on it would it? Meaning if they do not work as I plan, and I went and got a fresh set, the mod wouldn't be affected and the new set would run as normal right? Just making sure I have all my bases covered before I try them in the mod

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Orlando1130 the reality is that even if they are counterfeit, they will "likely" be okay for use in your mod. They may have a shorter run time and shorter overall lifespan, or they could even arrive already dead and unable to hold a charge. The extreme case would be very low quality counterfeits that could vent as they are used with any substantial load on them.

They should not have any negative effect on the mod itself, unless they vent, which could have a catastrophic result on the mod itself. Once you get them, look them over carefully for any signs of concern, such as rips in the wrapper, contact point corrosion, bulging spots, discoloration, etc. *IF* you find anything at all out of the ordinary, immediately contact the seller and try to arrange for a return or replacement (only if he won't take them back).

To be honest, there may be no reason for concern at all, these could be legitimate batteries, but I do recommend doing everything you can to ensure that they are authentic before you put them in your mod. I'm not trying to make you concerned, I'm just trying to arm you with knowledge. To his credit, the seller does have a ton of good feedback, and very few negative posts. I'm hopeful that these turn out to be good batteries for you.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@DevAuto thank you! I will make sure I take as many percautions as possible... I am hoping the seller messages me back to confirm if they are real or not, but as you said his feedback rating is good, and in all honesty I don't think that a decent person would purpously send someone counterfeit batteries... When they do arrive, I will send you pictures in as good quality as I can get so you can give them one last look over, but I really do think I should be okay! For future reference though, I will definetly look into other sites when purchasing batteries (or perhaps go to my local Vape Shop, however their batteries are overpriced and they only offer 3 options, which are good quality ones but they don't even have the one you reccomended me) I appreciate all of your help in this process and you will be the first to know how my new mod works for me!

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just placed my order for the Istick 100 Watt! Hopefully I'll have it soon! I will keep you guys updated on how it all goes but I'm very happy because I think I just made a great purchase that will last me awhile for about 1/10th of my paycheck

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Just placed my order for the Istick 100 Watt! Hopefully I'll have it soon! I will keep you guys updated on how it all goes but I'm very happy because I think I just made a great purchase that will last me awhile for about 1/10th of my paycheck
Congrats! I'm looking forward to your thoughts once you have it and try it out. I hope it works out for you the way you want!

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hope so too! Really all I'm looking for is to be able to consistently Vape around 50 watts and get good battey life and I believe it can do both!

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Batteries came in today! The brown ones you told me to get @DevAuto ... They look good to me, they are the same size as my other 18650s and no strange marks or anything as far as I can see... I did message the seller and he responded saying "there are no fake LG Batteries... You have to watch out for the Sony VTCs as far as conterfeit batteries go, and the reason I made them cheap was because I have a high supply... While I question that there are NO fake LG Batteries, the fact that he did respond to me was also reassuring... Now all that's left to do is wait for my Istick 100 Watt to come in the mail and soon I'll be In Cloud City and hopefully not have to plug in my mod every 45 minutes! Lol

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Batteries came in today! The brown ones you told me to get @DevAuto ... They look good to me, they are the same size as my other 18650s and no strange marks or anything as far as I can see... I did message the seller and he responded saying "there are no fake LG Batteries... You have to watch out for the Sony VTCs as far as conterfeit batteries go, and the reason I made them cheap was because I have a high supply... While I question that there are NO fake LG Batteries, the fact that he did respond to me was also reassuring... Now all that's left to do is wait for my Istick 100 Watt to come in the mail and soon I'll be In Cloud City and hopefully not have to plug in my mod every 45 minutes! Lol
Enjoy! Glad to hear you got a response, that is a good sign!

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Guys, I am getting my Istick 100 watt either today or tommorow hopefully, so I have a few last minute questions... First off, is it safe to charge it overnight? And will that affect the battery life? Honestly I would really enjoy being able to wake up every morning to a 100% charge, and not have to worry about that draining my battery quicker, but if it is really an issue then I will not charge it while I sleep... For those of you that do not know I am using USB charging, not external battery charging... Also, my Atlantis seems to be getting very hot on my Smok even at like 40 watts, and of course I'm going to figure this one out on my own but I'm curious if anyone know why that happens? I'm going to assume it's because the Mod is pushing out more power than it is supposed to (even though it says "great for sub ohm Vaping" (yeah right but that's why I'm upgrading Lol) so yeah I was wondering if anyone knows if 100 watt mods make the atomizer hot even up to like 60 watts which is probably where my sweet spot will be... It's not the end of the world if it gets a little hot since I will most likely be chain Vaping it and that makes sense but the Smok keeps heating up to the point where it makes my lips feel uncomfortable around 40 watts and it's very annoying, plus if I touch it to my skin it almost burns it and I don't think it should be doing that, especially since the Atlantis V2 is meant for a cooler Vape with all of those nice airflow options... So yeah if anyone has any info on either of these things it would be much appreciated! Especially the charging thing since like I said I can figure out the over heating thing on my own

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PS people always say "you get what you pay for" so I'm just curious why the Istick 100 watt is so cheap, considering it's made by a pretty reputable company (Eleaf) and it's a very powerful mod that everyone on reviews says is GREAT... I mean of course I'm not complaining, but why are some mods hundreds of dollars? I get the whole temp control thing, but is that really such a great feature that people are willing to pay TRIPLE the price or more for a device with the same power (or less power) mabey I'm overthinking this and Eleaf just wanted to cut people a really good deal, but it just seems crazy to me that other 100 watt mods cost like upwards of $100 or more while even at the official cost the Istick 100 watt costs like $50

jtgrham

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just ordered a m80 and a phantom tank. Looking forward to trying out both. The m80 has some really good reviews.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
General advice is not to charge unattended.

That said, I charge everything overnight:p When there was an issue with the Istick 50s exploding, I did start charging that unit in the kitchen in an area where it wouldn't do much damage if all hell broke loose!

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@jtgrham the M65 sucks just letting you know but I did hear the M80 is way better
@AmandaD that same issue does not apply to the Istick 100 right?

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@jgrham the M65 sucks just letting you know but I did hear the M80 is way better
@AmandaD that same issue does not apply to the Istick 100 right?

Not that I've heard of! I do, though, as a general rule take off the tank if I'm charging via USB (although if it has removeable batteries I usually put them in a charger).

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I take off my Tank too but thanks for the tip! Would you happen to know if the battery life is affected when charging overnight though? Because that's my othermain concern besides saftey of course

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take off my Tank too but thanks for the tip! Would you happen to know if the battery life is affected when charging overnight though? Because that's my othermain concern besides saftey of course

It shouldn't be.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I FINALLY GOT IT!!! It's working great so far! The only thing I am concerned about is that I didn't let it charge to 100 % full which my Friend told me to do because i literally was going thru Vape withdraw, I've had it charging since about 330 and it almost got full but I couldn't wait any longer! I hope that dosent mess up the battery life but personally I am Loving this so far

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Congrats @Orlando1130 !!! I hope you love it for a long time. I wouldn't worry too much about fully charging the batteries the first time. It likely will have no impact on the overall life of the battery. I would not make a habit of it though, if you do, over the long term, it will reduce the lifespan of the batteries.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I actually figured out its PERFECT for charging overnight because it takes about 8 hours or mabey a little more to charge up(I did find out USB charging is supposed to take that long since I'm using double batteries) .. I let it get to 100% overnight and I will try to continue doing that every night (or mabey every other Night with the way this battery life seems to last) but so far so good! Thanks again for all your help!

jtgrham

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not that I've heard of! I do, though, as a general rule take off the tank if I'm charging via USB (although if it has removeable batteries I usually put them in a charger).
The m80 is working good on wattage mode but the tc mode is iffy at best. The Phantom tank is great once you season the coils. It takes about a tank and a half before the flavor gets up to par but then it is fantastic. However i did try a crown the other day and that tank had the best flavor of any tank I've tried so far.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

bmclaurin

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Congrats, OP. I have the 100-watt iStick, and although I've since moved on to fancier TC mods, I still go back to the iStick every now and then. I think it's a great device, even at nearly double the price. Mine has been absolutely rock solid, and I think the ergonomics are great (although I do wish the surfaces were a little "grippier"). It's a great platform for your Atlantis v2, but it has more than enough power and capability to grow with you as your vaping habits and preferences change (as they inevitably will).

As for charging, sorry if you already covered this, but do yourself a favor and pick up an external charger when you have the chance, along with an extra pair of 18650's. Safer and much more convenient IMO, particularly if you're charging overnight. USB charging is nice for topping off during the day while you're on the go, but a decent external charger ought to be on your short list of things to buy next.

VU Sponsors