Become a Patron!

Best build for clouds on a mechanical mod

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello! What is the best build for a nemesis mech mod with a twisted messes or mutilator rda? Ramp up time is not an issue.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For mech mods I usually do 24 ga kanthal 2.5mm ID at 6-7 wraps and get great clouds with very little heat unless I have closed down airflow

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I posted this somewhere else too but u might wanna try this build: (maybe if u wanna go lower in ohm, try to do parralel of this with less wraps maybe. Has to fit in your postholes though.)

Btw... this build was made for aromamizer rdta not an RDA so.... yea :p but its still good i can immagine. (.23 ohm build)
vertical coil, 24g clapton coil with .8 x .1 ribbon wire, 6 wraps around 2.5mm drillbit works magic. At 130w it gets dry fast though. At 70w no dryhits yet unless u chain vape it like a lot.
So that is 24g as the core and ribbon wire around it not other way around.)
At 4:40 or something there is some cloud production.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
bsZSXXO.jpgIve heard great things about the twist/reverse twist build! take a wire, twist it one way (clockwise,) and when your happy with the pitch of the twists, fold the wire in half again and twist it the other direction (Counter Clockwise) Ive done the build myself countless times and loved it... but there are many other factors in cloud chasing as im sure your aware of

VapeGoon_2015

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When it comes to mec mods I usually like to keep things pretty simplistic. As long as you have a good battery you can do some shit. I usually run a 22g Nicrome 80 (anarchist wire I like to use) and I will do 5 wraps. It will put you around a .12 my normal build to when I dont feel like using Nicrome because its expensive is 22g Kanthal 5 wrap. I build all my stuff at a 3mm. If you really want to test the limit do a 20g 5 wrap should put you at a .1 on the dot with a 3mm

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When it comes to mec mods I usually like to keep things pretty simplistic. As long as you have a good battery you can do some shit. I usually run a 22g Nicrome 80 (anarchist wire I like to use) and I will do 5 wraps. It will put you around a .12 my normal build to when I dont feel like using Nicrome because its expensive is 22g Kanthal 5 wrap. I build all my stuff at a 3mm. If you really want to test the limit do a 20g 5 wrap should put you at a .1 on the dot with a 3mm
It's only expensive because you're using anarchist wire usually Nichrome 80 is cheaper or around the same price as Kanthal. Your just paying extra because your package says anarchist it's the same wire...

View attachment 42497 " ... the twist/reverse twist build! take a wire, twist it one way (clockwise,) and when your happy with the pitch of the twists, fold the wire in half again and twist it the other direction (Counter Clockwise) ... "

It appears that you may be starting with a pair of wires vs. " a wire", or you are folding more than one time. Could you clarify please?

Also, how many wires are running in parrallel in the finished wire, before wrapping into a coil (I am assuming four wires in parrallel - actually looks like more ...)?

Nice looking build. Kinda like a reverse twist paracord braid using two pieces total in parallel (where the opposing twist of the cord locks the two pieces together into a braid because they are pre-twisted in opposing directions). It seems with the wire, it's more about the way the wires wraps onto itself, and creating a natural path for the wire to follow - with what's looks like nice results.

Thanks,

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The best build is going to be one that your battery can safely handle. Just keep that in mind before you start trying to fire any .1 coils on any single cell mechs.

Joshhm9x

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ac094ce11927ae61203aa79fb09cce30.jpg

If you are careful with your mech and watch batteries and chain vaping you can have done gorgeous low ohm builds. I use Mohawk Clapton or a variation of alien coils on my DotMod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors