Become a Patron!

Best build for ipv3

Ok so I just recently got an ipv3 and I have yet to find a good build to run above 100 watts without a dry hit. I've tried parallel 24 gauge 7 wrap 24 gauge single parallel. Give me some ideas

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok so I just recently got an ipv3 and I have yet to find a good build to run above 100 watts without a dry hit. I've tried parallel 24 gauge 7 wrap 24 gauge single parallel. Give me some ideas
I can't speak for that high of wattage, aside from trying some one second pulls, just because I could. I'll say that using dual 10 wraps of 26 gauge on a Mutation x is at .65, and kicks ass around 50-55 watts. I also have two other Mutations, one dual at .4, one at .45, and again, 50-55 watts is great. I get a borderline hot vape, not just warm, which I like, and a good balance between juice consumption, and battery drain.

I know that doesn't help for 100 watts, but those builds all are great. I'm a flavor chaser, and I also don't know that at 100w +, you'll ever be able to get more than a few pulls, though I could be wrong. Have you tried any builds like I mentioned? Especially with the .65, it is a coil that has a significant delay on a mech due to the amount of wraps, but with the iPV3, you can throw the power at it to heat it immediately, and benefit from the surface area for flavor.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love my ipv3 for the features and battery life, but I will never come close to using its 165 watts. I build from .19-1.3 ohms running 35-88 watts and it seems to be the sweet spot for me.

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im running 20 gauge 7 wrap 3mm i.d. dual coil at 0.14ohms to get over 100 watts on my ipv3 with a chuff cap its still a pretty cool vape

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use like 26g wire with 8 or 9 wraps on a 3.0 screwdriver

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Imo, try 22awg around a 3mm or larger mandrel with as many wraps as you can fit. You may want to try a hybrid coil as well since the little space in the middle acts as a reservoir of sorts. Also you never mentioned the atty, and thats a huge factor. If your airflow is shit, its never gonna be a comfortable vape at 150w. Hope this helps bud!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Dry hits are usually caused by juice not getting to the coil quick enough. Obviously, that's why they are called dry hits. Therefore, increase the ID of your coils. In addition, don't use too much cotton, so you don't choke the wick in your coil. However, you can look up the sweet spot of a coil for your device on the following website, by selecting your device in the drop down on the top left.
http://www.steam-engine.org/modrange.asp

VU Sponsors