Become a Patron!

Best chain vaping mod

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone

When I vape, I like to take 3 or 4 three second vapes in a row. With less than 10 seconds between each vape.
I can feel my mod get warm'ish. It's an RX200s.

I vape at 0.15 to 0.2 ohms at between 50 to 70 watts.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What batteries are you using?
Might be anything will get warm pulling 20 amps as you are, but that's where to look - batteries...

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
three LG hg2

When the device gets warm, I immediately fondle the batteries to see if they're getting warm or the mod itself. It's always the mod circuit. Batteries are not hot.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The 200s seems to have that problem. I've seen it mentioned a few times, and mine does it too. If you're not into TC I'd recommend the Fuchai 213. Small, dual 18650, good battery life. Two main cons: TC doesn't work, and it only does around 150w. Based on your wattage range I think it'd be a good fit. If you want temp control, you might try an IPV5 or a Cuboid. The Cuboid has 510 issues, but the Reuleaux has the same problem, so if your atties are working fine on it then you should be ok. Honestly though, just about any dual 18650 mod should suit your vaping style just fine.

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The 200s seems to have that problem. I've seen it mentioned a few times, and mine does it too. If you're not into TC I'd recommend the Fuchai 213. Small, dual 18650, good battery life. Two main cons: TC doesn't work, and it only does around 150w. Based on your wattage range I think it'd be a good fit. If you want temp control, you might try an IPV5 or a Cuboid. The Cuboid has 510 issues, but the Reuleaux has the same problem, so if your atties are working fine on it then you should be ok. Honestly though, just about any dual 18650 mod should suit your vaping style just fine.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I thought maybe certain chips were better at staying cooler.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is all about the wires, the *RX200 and the 200s have mostly 18g wires and it gets hot passing a a 20amp current

When you rewire the mod with 14g wire it will no longer get hot..... I can take 15 8 second pulls on .17 ohms and 100 watts and the mod doesn't get hot, a bit warm.... don't forget some of the heat passes to the body from the rta or tank......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Is all about the wires, the *RX200 and the 200s have mostly 18g wires and it gets hot passing a a 20amp current

When you rewire the mod with 14g wire it will no longer get hot..... I can take 15 8 second pulls on .17 ohms and 100 watts and the mod doesn't get hot, a bit warm.... don't forget some of the heat passes to the body from the rta or tank......

this^ the wiring is too thin on the mod.

the G2 is really nice for chain vaping and can be had around 70 bucks

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah when mods are wired with thin wire they overheat.....

Think of a wire is a highway to amps..... A small wire with 20 cars flowing through it it's pretty slow and creates heat, now a 14 gauge thick highway 20 cars move smoother creating less heat......

This is as simple as I can make it........

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It also has something to do with how efficient a board is. The less efficient a board is, the more heat it produces. The RX board isn't overly efficient.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It also has something to do with how efficient a board is. The less efficient a board is, the more heat it produces. The RX board isn't overly efficient.
Once I updated it to the 250 watts, some things also changed in the TC department....

Before in SS she would fire at 200 watts too long before ramping down and it was simply too fucking hot to Vape........

Now it hits 250 watts really short like .25 of a second, then 180w, 160w, 80 watts and so on until it reaches temperature I have set of 430degrees farenheit... So TC is working.... No shit ...
For real !!!!!!!

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

How does one go about changing wires?
Pop it open & solder on lower gauge wires?
Hmm don't think I can do that.

What makes you say that?
I mean how'd you figure the g2 handles it well?
Personal experience or stated specs.
What can I find it for $70?

Thx

Once I updated it to the 250 watts, some things also changed in the TC department....

Before in SS she would fire at 200 watts too long before ramping down and it was simply too fucking hot to Vape........

Now it hits 250 watts really short like .25 of a second, then 180w, 160w, 80 watts and so on until it reaches temperature I have set of 430degrees farenheit... So TC is working.... No shit ...
For real !!!!!!!

I've updated to 4.12
But use VW mode.
Would anything have changed for me?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone

When I vape, I like to take 3 or 4 three second vapes in a row. With less than 10 seconds between each vape.
I can feel my mod get warm'ish. It's an RX200s.

I vape at 0.15 to 0.2 ohms at between 50 to 70 watts.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
At that wattage on the RX200, you are only pulling 7.29A maximum at cut off voltage, before chip efficiency at 70W, so your batteries are definitely fine as resistance does not affect your amp load on a regulated mod, wattage does- as you have noticed it is chain vaping, if I chain vape all of my mods get warm from heat travelling from the atomiser, so it may be something that is unavoidable.

It might be worth getting some finned heatsinks for your mod, that go under your tank/RDA if you are worried about the warmth? Or maybe up nicotine so you don't need to chain vape?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

G2:
http://www.ecig.com/hohm-wrecker-g2.html?___SID=U
Use code ecig10 and get another 10% off an already great price. Highly recommend this mod.

What makes you say that?

Thx

I've updated to 4.12
But use VW mode.
Would anything have changed for me?

G2:
Use code ecig10 and get another 10% off an already great price. Highly recommend this mod.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

What makes you say that?

Thx

I wouldn't change the wires. The G2 uses a thicker wire and overall better parts. I chain vape the hell out of mine and it never gets hot. ecig.com is selling them for 73 dollars plus you can use the ecig10 coupon code for 10% off bringing it to 65.70 plus shipping. But if you spend 75 bucks you get free shipping so you can add in something else to bring the total to 75 bucks

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At that wattage on the RX200, you are only pulling 7.29A maximum at cut off voltage, before chip efficiency at 70W, so your batteries are definitely fine as resistance does not affect your amp load on a regulated mod, wattage does- as you have noticed it is chain vaping, if I chain vape all of my mods get warm from heat travelling from the atomiser, so it may be something that is unavoidable.

It might be worth getting some finned heatsinks for your mod, that go under your tank/RDA if you are worried about the warmth? Or maybe up nicotine so you don't need to chain vape?

Haha I don't chain vape for the nicotine. It's a habit carried over from sheesha.
Sheesha dun hav no sissy batteries or weak wires. Making a joke..

G2:

I wouldn't change the wires. The G2 uses a thicker wire and overall better parts. I chain vape the hell out of mine and it never gets hot. ecig.com is selling them for 73 dollars plus you can use the ecig10 coupon code for 10% off bringing it to 65.70 plus shipping. But if you spend 75 bucks you get free shipping so you can add in something else to bring the total to 75 bucks

Thanks guys

I'll look into the g2

VU Sponsors