Become a Patron!

Best clone manufacturers

Spydrummer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a small handful of genuine mods and am realizing that for me to have everything I want, I will have to settle on clones.

Discuss based on personal experience, the BRANDS of clones you find to be particularly accurate/well made vs cheap/visual imitations. Ie tobeco, ehpro, etc.

This is for us to build a consensus on what companies are producing products that are worth a go at if you are budget minded and sensible.

Maverick77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Based on personal experience and what I've heard from others

Infinite is the best right now
Hcigar used to be up there, but I've heard people complain about their recent products
EHPro is getting better

Spydrummer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea I know- the other forum is for atty clones- this one is for mod clones. I should have done a better job with the title on this one...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea I know- the other forum is for atty clones- this one is for mod clones. I should have done a better job with the title on this one...

Ah....I must need more coffee, didn't even see where you said mods.

Are there really manufacturers who made good mods and not good atomizers and vice-versa?
Seems to me that either they do good work and QC or they don't.

That said, tool and die wear is a factor too, IMO. As they try to pump out the volume, a decent clone can become crappy if they cheap out on the machine maintenance. Two mods from the same site and same company can be worlds apart in quality. :(

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Infinite has more hits than duds, but doesn't make them immune to a few lemons now and then. Same goes for every other maker as well, clone or authentic ;)

Spydrummer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Infinite has more hits than duds, but doesn't make them immune to a few lemons now and then. Same goes for every other maker as well, clone or authentic ;)
Kken, you speak the truth. I was quite disappointed in the quality of my russian 91% I bought several months ago- it works well, but had qc issues w the threading on both the tank portions and the chimney portions. I was really pissed about that. But duds being duds, this thread is more about coming to conclusions like "Infinite will be a safe bet when ordering a clone online with the exception of their whatever clone." Or something to that degree- I would even like to see a video review of something like a nemesis clone showdown or the like.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Id go with Infinite as well.

Spydrummer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah....I must need more coffee, didn't even see where you said mods.

Are there really manufacturers who made good mods and not good atomizers and vice-versa?
Seems to me that either they do good work and QC or they don't.

That said, tool and die wear is a factor too, IMO. As they try to pump out the volume, a decent clone can become crappy if they cheap out on the machine maintenance. Two mods from the same site and same company can be worlds apart in quality. :(
Caff, to be honest, I have no idea. Like I said I really have no experience with clones with the exception of a Bagua 18350 mech which worked after I filed down the black powder coating in the switch, and a russian 91% which worked on arrival but needed the threads cleaned up a bit- that being said - should a mod be considered 'good' if it doesn't work out of the box, but once you mod it performs very well? I don't think so- Anyways, I started the 2 separate threads not knowing if companies specialize in one or the other, and also because I figured people in a search would like to read about one or the other. Hope that makes sense.

Spydrummer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Id go with Infinite as well.
Infinite seems to be showing a lot of promise-

Question (for everyone):

Would you buy a clone from an online vendor if they didn't provide the manufacturer details? Very often in online stores they sell clones as if they were grown in a test tube, with no mention of manufacturer: ie "Brass Nemesis (clone)" - is that enough for peace of mind? Sure, $20 is an amazing price for a working tube, but $20 is a TON of money if you get an essentially non-functioning piece of steel tubing. That could be purchased for nearly nothing at a hardware store.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Infinite seems to be showing a lot of promise-

Question (for everyone):

Would you buy a clone from an online vendor if they didn't provide the manufacturer details? Very often in online stores they sell clones as if they were grown in a test tube, with no mention of manufacturer: ie "Brass Nemesis (clone)" - is that enough for peace of mind? Sure, $20 is an amazing price for a working tube, but $20 is a TON of money if you get an essentially non-functioning piece of steel tubing. That could be purchased for nearly nothing at a hardware store.

Nope!!! I will not buy unless the manufacturer is disclosed.

Spydrummer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear alot about custom mod creations- anyone know anything about them? Are they making their own clones?

MoBayRasta

Member For 4 Years
I hear alot about custom mod creations- anyone know anything about them? Are they making their own clones?
Artemis runs custom mod creations. No he is not a manufacturer but does have companies he buys from do special things to some of his products. Every clone he deals with seems to be top notch.

MoBayRasta

Member For 4 Years
Artemis runs custom mod creations. No he is not a manufacturer but does have companies he buys from do special things to some of his products. Every clone he deals with seems to be top notch.

Big Jake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a side note. I have a smoke tek magnetic mod. it works well if you wish to turn a 18650 battery into a ego. However fit and finish is good and I have never had an issue with it. the rest of my mods r fastech and sorry none have held up more than a month ie poor quality threading and or buttons. I have been looking for a copper penny mod, so yes if u know of a good clone I am interested.

Spydrummer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great info guys, I really appreciate it and hopefully as this thread grows it will help many others make good purchases. After a few more posts ill put up a new tally, but for now it sounds like my next clone but will be an infinite or cmc.

Keep the info flowing folks!

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually decide on a manufacturer based on a particular clone's reviews. Hcigar, infinite, and ehpro all being major players in the game. I haven't seen a manufacturer without a complaint, nor have I seen one without praise on any given popular mod. I just go with the manufacturer with the most praise and pray that I don't get a dud.

Hell no, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. That's just me though. Right now my disposable income is limited for vape gear. I have to make every dollar count. It may be worth it to take your chances and potentially get an awesome clone for half of what most places charge.

VU Sponsors