Become a Patron!

Best coil builds for sigelei 150/mutation v4

I've built a handful of coils, the first one I threw on here was dual coil Clapton I think 28g wrapped around 24 and the two read at .25 but had to plug the 6 airholes on the bottom and only leave 3 on each side open around 70 watts and the vapor production wasn't bad.
But I wanted to try something new. I put a dual coil twisted 28g about .5ohms and its about the same. I feel like I I should easily be able to get good clouds with this powerful of a box but I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on a good coil build/airflow setup for bigger clouds? Someone with a lot more experience than me.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi. Can I see a picture of your build? This will help me help you. Too many factors involved to make big clouds lol

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm running a quad coil at a .15 build.

Sig mutation v4 with the plastic extension for more cooling.
I like it although the quad vapes a little warm it chucks nice clouds.
I run between 70-100 watt.
I'm going to do some dual parallels at a .2 today and check that out
My airflow is wide open as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    855.3 KB · Views: 116

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm running a quad coil at a .15 build.

Sig mutation v4 with the plastic extension for more cooling.
I like it although the quad vapes a little warm it chucks nice clouds.
I run between 70-100 watt.
I'm going to do some dual parallels at a .2 today and check that out
My airflow is wide open as well
Sweet bro! Thanks for sharing

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always rue between 0.15-0.2 cuz I like a warm vape. Since I use cloud comp drip tips anything else is too cool. I have a ton of air flow that cools the vape. The only 2 rdas I use regular tips are my Troll and Freakshow.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See I told you! :p Looks like a great cloud to me.

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See I told you! :p Looks like a great cloud to me.

im new to chasing so i do not know the technique yet but it definitely chucks massive.

im worried about the VG i picked up a Wmart so i posted to make sure it is good before i continue.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure about Walmart VG but I wouldn't see the difference unless you bought it in the automotive section haha

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HAHA! i was just assured it is correct. now im going to look into how to make juice!

love the sigelli with the quad coils, and i think its almost cheating! massive clouds with this vg, i cant even believe the difference

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the mutation is easier to build on and I like the extra features of it. I got mine this morning and put some old coils in and it had more room and hot boxed my room in a few pulls.

I will do a new build on it in a few days and post it.

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the mutation is easier to build on and I like the extra features of it. I got mine this morning and put some old coils in and it had more room and hot boxed my room in a few pulls.

I will do a new build on it in a few days and post it.
for sure! im still trying to find the right coils, these quads work wonders but leave not much cotton space even on the mutation.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Around 0.2 ohms. If u want to go higher like 0.3 add an other wrap. Just experiment with things.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or don't do parallel and do 8-10 wraps for even higher ohms. Its fun to just build coils anyway right lol

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or don't do parallel and do 8-10 wraps for even higher ohms. Its fun to just build coils anyway right lol
True that!
I'm going to do the parallel, I want to do a .1-.2 build. I have some at a .7 but they are 30g and they burn so fast I pretty much can't vape lol!

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've always built on the lower end (.15 or so) on my 150 and mx v3 but tried dual 24g 10 wraps coming out to .4 last night and I gotta say this thing chucks and actually has great flavor.. The great thing about high wattage vw mods is you don't have to build super low, just about any build will perform with the appropriate wattage applied

I'd say the "best" is whatever works best for you, experiment and go with what works... Ask ten people what the "best" is and you'll likely get ten different answers :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've always built on the lower end (.15 or so) on my 150 and mx v3 but tried dual 24g 10 wraps coming out to .4 last night and I gotta say this thing chucks and actually has great flavor.. The great thing about high wattage vw mods is you don't have to build super low, just about any build will perform with the appropriate wattage applied

I'd say the "best" is whatever works best for you, experiment and go with what works... Ask ten people what the "best" is and you'll likely get ten different answers :)

Agreed!
I find certain things work and some don't,
Also battery's have a HUGE impact on performance.
I have two paired and two unpaired, and when I switch to the unpaired, it is a huge difference.
Cotton is also a if factor.
I have cotton bacon which is cool because it comes in nice strands, but is just not the best I feel for soak.
Organic works super well and last more then 1 day. Also cheaper.
I found that building a .15 quad coil on my sig at 100 wats, sometimes 94.6 I keep it at 3.7v because the only thing you do is over cook at that build at a higher watt.
I can chuck them.
Now on a .7 build 30g wire dual parallel cooks way to fast or just doesn't hit right on the sig.
It is all preference for sure, but what people recommend is a good start for news like me, I am a little more in touch now for sure, but I do not know a bunch.
I can say that the zipper, Clapton, diamond coils and other fancy crap... Does not make a difference to a normal Build.
(Build right build tight. My copyrighted saying) lol
Don't over or under stuff and you can chuck.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
24-26g is my go to but sometimes go 22g. I like 24g the best just cuz I want to get some good surface area. That's me though:rolleyes:

Hye fellas, best build I've found for my own personal taste for vapor production is 26 gauge kanthal a1 parallel to 26 gauge nicrome n80 8 wrap around a 3.0mm diameter. Staged heating and slightly better flavor than standard kanthal parallels while producing more vapor as well.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So, Mutation or Dark horse? for more cloud? i honestly dont see why the dark horse is so talked about, i have a clon and authentic and just dont see it being anywhere near as good as the mutation.
I think mutation going better,and they come a new mini one,mutation xs,I tried it before,very good,you could have a try

zpedd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im using a twisted 26g kanthal build on mine, wrapped 7 times on the biggest screwdriver in a prescision kit, its reading out to .3 ohms on my reader and i bang it at 6.0 V on my Sigelei 150w and its set to 100W and its so nice with the added airflow on the mutation... i love how its bottom fed but fuck is it ever messy.. lol

beanur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What wattage did you use on this build?

Ruben

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
  1. A coil I've been messing with that just chucks clouds is a parallel twisted. Do either a double twisted 28g kanthal wrapped parallel with a single 26 or a double 26g wrapped with a 24g. 8 wraps a side ends up around .2-.3 in both. Absolutely huge coils with major surface area, you can fit them in a mutation v4 but keep it close to the posts or the air flow ring will hit the coils.

1. A coil I've been messing with that just chucks clouds is a parallel twisted. Do either a double twisted 28g kanthal wrapped parallel with a single 26 or a double 26g wrapped with a 24g. 8 wraps a side ends up around .2-.3 in both. Absolutely huge coils with major surface area, you can fit them in a mutation v4 but keep it close to the posts or the air flow ring will hit the coils.
I just did a twisted 26g parallel on my V4 last night. Works Great

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
24g a1 triple twisted 3mm 8 wrap, single coil great flavor and chucks with the extension

VU Sponsors