Become a Patron!

Best coil on a regulated mod

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the best coil for regulated mods on an RDA? I'm always asking myself this question. Typically, I like a dual coil with a 2.5mm+ ID, 26 gauge kanthal, with about 10 wraps each that comes out to about .6 ohms. I feel this is easy to wrap and wick, fair battery life, good flavor, and acceptable ramp up time. What are your preferences and why?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dual Coil 3mm ID, 24 Gauge Kanthal, 6 wraps per side, comes out to .4 ish. Larger diameter coils need more wick, which needs more juice when vaping at higher wattage. Keeps the clouds flavorful and really dense. I'll take flavor over massive cloud production any day. Really fast ramp time, ok battery life, doesn't get overly hot to fry your juice.

Dual coil 3mm ID, 22 Gauge Kenthal, 9 wraps per, comes at about .18 ohms. Provides very dense cloud production but still delivers amazing flavor. I use 99% vg juice by the vapping rabbit. Works wonders with my mod and cone setup. Not the greatest battery life but it lives long enough to have the other charged by the time it die, I use two 40 amp 18550's by cloud chaser

Last edited:

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2mm 28g 8 wraps spaced is what im using now. dual coils so i wrap a parallel coil and separate them so i have two perfectly spaced coils identical to each other. comes out to 0.6 exactly and its one of my favorite go to builds. made for such flavor with decent clouds

just started using a new wick method as well, check out the orchid modification thread on the last page. similar to rips pancake wicks

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2mm 28g 8 wraps spaced is what im using now. dual coils so i wrap a parallel coil and separate them so i have two perfectly spaced coils identical to each other. comes out to 0.6 exactly and its one of my favorite go to builds. made for such flavor with decent clouds

This is good build. I just built a dual coil 2.5mm using 26g. Came out to .45 with 7 wraps. Amazing flavor and clouds. Running at 42w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dual coil 3mm ID, 22 Gauge marshal, 9 wraps per, comes at about .18 ohms. Provides very dense cloud production but still delivers amazing flavor. I use 99% vg juice by the vapping rabbit. Works wonders with my mod and cone setup. Not the greatest battery life but it lives long enough to have the other charged by the time it die, I use two 40 amp 18550's by cloud chaser

I'm wondering the same, whats marshal? I get .18 ohm with your parameters using Nichrome80. With so much wire to heat up you have to run it at 91 watts just to reach a 200mw/mm2 heat flux. Heat capacity is 130.

Last edited:
Lately my go to setup is a dual coil 25g Kanthal, 2.8 ID, 9.5 wraps at .51 ohm. Great flavor and vapor production running between 65-75 watts.

Last edited:

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am using 7 wrap 24 gauge Kanthal duals with a 2.5 diameter on my Segelei. .3 ohm, and at 90W, fantastic flavor profile and cloud density. 70/30 vg/pg juice.
No complaints at all. I've tried a bunch of other builds so far, but I keep coming back to this one. Except for in my Cloud Champ rda. I run it at 5 wraps instead of 7. It seems to be the sweet spot for its airflow.

VU Sponsors