Become a Patron!

Best durable 3 battery mod?

AdmiralTrey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys, I've been scouring reviews and vape vendors and I'd like to pose the question here: What is currently the best durable 3 battery mod out right now?

At home I vape on the 4 battery Smok GX 2/4 after two failed attempts with the GX350 (Drop it one time and the battery door is toast) with a Sense Blazer Pro tank (Highly recommended, by the way!). With that being my main mod, I refuse to carry it at work where the chance of it getting damaged is a lot higher.

I'm a cop in the worst neighborhood of a city where we set an all time murder record last year for our city, so at work I can be driving down the street minding my own business vaping when suddenly I have to slam on the brakes and turn my car around, jump out of my car and chase someone, avoid getting shot at, etc. even when I have a second to put my vape down, if I'm driving really fast and aggressively to get somewhere it has a tendency to fall out of my cupholder and roll around my car, so to me, durability is important.

I've been running the Wismec RX 200 and 200S at work since the 200 first came out, but both of those mods have been dropped numerous times and I'm going to need something new pretty soon. My 200 can't read battery strength properly anymore and my 200S is looking really ragged. It still works fine, but I'd be in a bind if (when) it stops.

I absolutely hate bottom hinged mods. I went through two GX350 mods in three months, once because I was drunk and stupid and once because my friend's dog jumped on me. Both times I dropped the mod and the battery door was basically useless, although I found with creative rubber band usage I could still use them. For that reason, the logical choice of the RX 300 isn't very appealing to me. I need 3 batteries rather than 2 because I'm a pretty heavy vaper and my shifts last anywhere from 9 to 20 hours depending on if I'm trying to make extra money and I'm not that keen on bringing an extra set of batteries to work every day.

I usually vape at around 60-70 watts at work and don't care about temp control because I prefer wattage.

Does anyone have any insight on a good 3 battery mod that doesn't rely on the poorly design hinged battery doors that seem to be taking over? RX 200S's are becoming hard to find online or I'd just buy another of those. Mine has taken a lot of beatings and has lasted a long time. It just seems like the current vape market is aimed at 2 battery and 4 battery setups and most 4 battery setups seem to have hinged battery doors, which suck.

Thanks in advance!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have an RX200S that for over the last 3 years has been dropped and abused like nothing should ever be if you want it to last but it keeps firing any time I need to vape. Daily beater is an understatement for this MOD that so many asshats have told me has a bad 510 and inferior wiring. Yeah the paint came off the battery cover since it skidded across cement so many times and I polished it but still firing and was dropped in he snow from this Nor Easter we had pounding us a couple of more times tonight. I call this durable.

Last edited:

TH3JUICEMAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IJoy Zenith. Similar body to RX200, no screen to worry about breaking.

It is a potentiometer mod, so pretty basic.

It’s also pretty damn cheap (sub $30)

AdmiralTrey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Nice! Yeah that's probably gonna be my decision right there lol.

I have an RX200S that for over the last 3 years has been dropped and abused like nothing should ever be if you want it to last but it keeps firing any time I need to vape. Daily beater is an understatement for this MOD that so many asshats have told me has a bad 510 and inferior wiring. Yeah the paint came off the battery cover since it skidded across cement so many times and I polished it but still firing and was dropped in he snow from this Nor Easter we had pounding us a couple of more times tonight. I call this durable.

Yeah same here, mine looks like it's been through war but it's still going strong so far. I drop it probably 2-3 times a week at least over multiple years, easily one of the best mods ever made, I just know everything comes to an end eventually.

IJoy Zenith. Similar body to RX200, no screen to worry about breaking.

It is a potentiometer mod, so pretty basic.

It’s also pretty damn cheap (sub $30)

I'm surprised I haven't run across this one in all my searches but it looks pretty sharp to me!

To all of you rx gen 3 owners, yeah, I'm sure it's a great mod but have you dropped yours yet? My experience with the Smok hinged battery doors is pretty abysmal so I was pretty disappointed to see the gen 3 RX had one too.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wismec hinges are made about 150 times stronger than Smok hinges.

P.S., in the pic below you can just notice the thickness (or should I say, thinness...) of the shiny metal peg that's in the hinge:
smok-ali-kit-10.jpg

Now look at the Wismec hinge:
wismec_reuleaux_rx_gen3_300w_starter_kit_battery_door__2_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah same here, mine looks like it's been through war but it's still going strong so far. I drop it probably 2-3 times a week at least over multiple years, easily one of the best mods ever made, I just know everything comes to an end eventually.

I was thinking about what I will do with this RX200S when that day comes but this is like a cockroach and probably survive a nuclear war. I dropped it in the snow while plowing during the last storm not realizing how wet it got until I saw all the water in the cup holder. I did wipe it off when I picked it up so the water had to be in it!

AdmiralTrey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wismec hinges are made about 150 times stronger than Smok hinges.

P.S., in the pic below you can just notice the thickness (or should I say, thinness...) of the shiny metal peg that's in the hinge:

Now look at the Wismec hinge:

That's a pretty awesome comparison actually, it does look a lot stronger. I don't doubt the Wismec is stronger given my history with Smok and Wismec mods, I just got turned off from hinges really fast after breaking two fairly expensive GX350's so quickly...

I was thinking about what I will do with this RX200S when that day comes but this is like a cockroach and probably survive a nuclear war. I dropped it in the snow while plowing during the last storm not realizing how wet it got until I saw all the water in the cup holder. I did wipe it off when I picked it up so the water had to be in it!

Yeah these things don't care, you just put them together and they keep,working. I've dropped mine on the highway multiple times, in the woods, in my car, on the floor, etc. I've lost several glass pieces to tanks but the 200s just keeps on going.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah these things don't care, you just put them together and they keep,working. I've dropped mine on the highway multiple times, in the woods, in my car, on the floor, etc. I've lost several glass pieces to tanks but the 200s just keeps on going.

Hey today I hit mine with the Arc Welder at over 100 Amps by accident because I had it in my hand resting on the plow I was repairing. Still working!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's a pretty awesome comparison actually, it does look a lot stronger. I don't doubt the Wismec is stronger given my history with Smok and Wismec mods, I just got turned off from hinges really fast after breaking two fairly expensive GX350's so quickly...
The RX300 is simply a much better mod than the GX350... I own two of the former, both of them are the carbon black version. The whole purpose of getting a 4-battery mod IMO is not the fact it can attain 400 watts (the RX300 definitely can), but rather, it's the fact you can use the more conservative high wattages (like say, 170 watts) and use them in conjunction with a custom power curve without having to run out of battery power in less than 3 hours time. With ArcticFox / NFE Tools, the RX300 can support custom power curves. Whereas AFAIK none of the other 4-battery mods can, excepting only the Vaperz Cloud DNA 250 (now out of production). I know Evolv are working hard to make 400 watt DNA 250c mods happen. But those aren't happening yet, and, once they will be they're going to cost. Last but not least, custom power curves in EScribe are just a silly afterthought compared to custom power curves in ArcticFox / NFE Tools.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to beat the Wismec 200S; I have 2 of them. Another good one I have though is the Modefined Prism. I rock my Aromamizer Plus on that. It fits on there much better than it does on the 200S's and it hasn't missed a step. The Prism has a back cover very similar to the 200S. Stays closed just fine.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Zenith 003.JPG Zenith 002.JPG Zenith 004.JPG Zenith 005.JPG
The IJOY Zenith. Tough mod. You can buy a sleeve for it also.
30mm atty's fit also.
Has green LED's though. Might not work on your stakeouts!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My HCigar VT250 is about impossible to kill: I dropped it 3 times on a hard floor, it cracked a tile in my kitchen, and the 510 socket is a bit wonky now, but it keeps going strong. For durability, I highly recommend it.

As for Wismec products, I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole. Because... well, Wismec.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I know I recommended the RX Gen 3 but my number 1 most durable mod I have ever tried is the Geekvape Aegis. It's shockproof and waterproof (I submerged it in water to see if that was true and it was). It's only 100w and it doesn't take 3 batteries but it's tough and there is no way in hell the batteries can fall out because you have to twist it shut. It's not magnetic or doesn't use any hinges or anything. It takes one 26650 battery but also comes with an adapter for an 18650 battery. I will say though that the battery doesn't last at long as any of my 2 or 3 battery mods but I don't think you'll find a more heavy duty and durable mod than this.

geekvape-aegis-box-mod-back-gunmetal.jpg th.jpg 81385_GeekVape_Aegis_100W_Shockproof_7.jpg

AdmiralTrey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

AdmiralTrey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know I recommended the RX Gen 3 but my number 1 most durable mod I have ever tried is the Geekvape Aegis. It's shockproof and waterproof (I submerged it in water to see if that was true and it was). It's only 100w and it doesn't take 3 batteries but it's tough and there is no way in hell the batteries can fall out because you have to twist it shut. It's not magnetic or doesn't use any hinges or anything. It takes one 26650 battery but also comes with an adapter for an 18650 battery. I will say though that the battery doesn't last at long as any of my 2 or 3 battery mods but I don't think you'll find a more heavy duty and durable mod than this.

View attachment 106280 View attachment 106281 View attachment 106282
That reminds me of the old Heatvape invader mini mod, that thing could go through all kinds of abuse, but it was one 18650 so it didn't last long.

AdmiralTrey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The RX300 is simply a much better mod than the GX350... I own two of the former, both of them are the carbon black version. The whole purpose of getting a 4-battery mod IMO is not the fact it can attain 400 watts (the RX300 definitely can), but rather, it's the fact you can use the more conservative high wattages (like say, 170 watts) and use them in conjunction with a custom power curve without having to run out of battery power in less than 3 hours time. With ArcticFox / NFE Tools, the RX300 can support custom power curves. Whereas AFAIK none of the other 4-battery mods can, excepting only the Vaperz Cloud DNA 250 (now out of production). I know Evolv are working hard to make 400 watt DNA 250c mods happen. But those aren't happening yet, and, once they will be they're going to cost. Last but not least, custom power curves in EScribe are just a silly afterthought compared to custom power curves in ArcticFox / NFE Tools.

Yeah I can't imagine actually using such high wattage; I never go above around 150 and I usually stick with a 60-70 range with my Crown and 110 with my Blazer Pro. By custom power curves are you talking about setting it up to hit 'hard' or 'soft' at the specified wattage?

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That's a good looking mod, I've actually looked a lot at it, too. The LEDs might hurt my stealthiness, it then again so do giant clouds billowing out of my car lol.
If you plan on getting one, you better hurry.
Friend of mine is trying to get one in black and can't find one.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I can't imagine actually using such high wattage; I never go above around 150 and I usually stick with a 60-70 range with my Crown and 110 with my Blazer Pro. By custom power curves are you talking about setting it up to hit 'hard' or 'soft' at the specified wattage?
No, by custom power curves I am talking about a user-editable graph or table or, in the specific case of ArcticFox / NFE Tools, both a graph and a table (for maximum user-friendliness and convenience) that contains a list of different wattages or, in the specific case of ArcticFox / NFE Tools, percentages that are relative to the wattage you set on the mod (again for maximum user-friendliness and convenience because it using percentages instead of wattages also means you won't be stuck re-re-re-adjusting all those wattages until you weigh an ounce... that's right, with EScribe and the like, you need to keep doing it until you weigh an ounce so on a DNA mod it is silly and it's useless to me... same thing with a Boxer mod, as the latter can't handle percentages either─unlike many kids in elementary school, that is).

Last edited:

VU Sponsors