Become a Patron!

Best factory coils for full size TFV4?

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all, going on a road trip later today. I normally run the rebuildable dual coil head, but want to leave my rebuilding kit at home for the sake of convenience. I'm looking for opinions on the best factory coil heads for this tank. I prefer flavor over clouds, but both are important. Thanks in advance...

drphilth147

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I liked the ss coils for flavor personally.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all, going on a road trip later today. I normally run the rebuildable dual coil head, but want to leave my rebuilding kit at home for the sake of convenience. I'm looking for opinions on the best factory coil heads for this tank. I prefer flavor over clouds, but both are important. Thanks in advance...
That's subjective. However, the following might guide you in your decision http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tfv4-big-family

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried them all and my favorite is the octuple clapton. It puts out clouds that make the wife complain she can't see the TV and the flavor is the best of any of Smok's TFV4 lineup. The only downside is, as expected, it drinks juice like an Escalade. That said, even the TC coils on this tank drink juice faster than any other tank/coil combination I own. Go big or go home, right? I'm more interested in flavor than clouds, but the TF-T8 doesn't slouch on either front. It's the only coil for the TFV4 that comes close to my Crown for flavor, even the SS ones, IMHO.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... So I picked up an s6 (sextuple) and a q4 (parallel quad). Running the s6 now. At first I was not impressed. I first ran it at 42 watts on my ipv3, giving me 4.2 volts. Normal voltage on a mech mod with a fully charged battery. I also usually NEVER exceed this voltage on any other atomizer. But at 42 watts, both flavor and clouds were rather meager. Thinking I had nothing left to lose, I kept cranking up the wattage until I finally got this coil to come alive. It now Vapes wonderfully at 80 to 85 watts. I'm now pushing close to 6 volts through this coil. Enough to quickly scorch the cotton on any other Atty that I have ever experienced. I am now very curious why it is such a meager vape at at "normal" voltage but works so well when cranked. I'm also concerned about the longevity of this coil. From my experience, nothing has ever lasted me very long over 4.5v.

djj624

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only use the Clapton or the S6 usually it's the S6 cause its so smooth. I vape mine between 65.5 and 70 watts, I get about 2 weeks or so out of the coil.

Galaxy S7 Edge

VU Sponsors