Become a Patron!

Best Flavor Tank with Prebuilt Coils?

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm looking for the best flavor on prebuilt coils, I don't like to build. I like the middle range power wise, usually between 30-45w. I like warm but not hot, so something that doesn't require a high wattage range to run. I'm not a cloud chaser, but I do like a moderate amount of vapor to be satisfied. A year ago I was using a Nautilus. then I went to sub ohm for improved flavor. The Nautilus is too tight of a draw for me, and I have tried the 1.2ohm coils on the crown, and get a lack of flavor.

I use a .5 ohm @30w on Kanger Nano, which is good for me on vapor, but just ok on flavor and the coils don't last long. My Crown is by far my favorite tank with the .25ohm coils around 35-40w, with the airflow about 1/2 open otherwise it's too airy. I'm looking for a second tank though. I also run my TFV4 @45-50w with the .35 ohm clapton coils, but my airflow is only open about 1/4, or it's too airy. Really good flavor, but slow ramp up at that wattage.

I've been reading the forums and I've seen just a few good reviews on the COV Vengeance tank (they said the coils are cheap too, but quality consistency is lacking with them) for amazing flavor, and lately the Cleito? Does anyone have any suggestions or experience? Please no RTA's or RBA's.

Thank you so much for any help!

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey there. I have three of the cov vengeance tanks and I can say they are simply fantastic units! The fit and finish is flawless and the perform amazingly well. I like them right around 55-60 watts, the flavor is perfect! I always test my new juices in these tanks first before running them in my crown, tfv, arctic v8, herk +, mutank.

I haven't had any issues with coils, just retired the first one after 4 weeks. The flavor was still good and it was still almost perfectly clean on the inside even after running a multitude of juices through it. I may try boiling it in distilled water like I have done with some tfv coils (an idea given to me by @OneBadWolf ). I stocked up on coils through myfreedomsmokes when they had a sale bringing the 10pack down to a ridiculous $10! Even at the regular price of $16 they are still a great deal!

Vape society Supply had the tank at $24 for a while but raised it to $29, still the best price I have seen for it. They come with two of the .2 coils, spare orings and glass. I did have one glass break on me on one of the tanks as the top seal was soooo damn tight and I pushed too hard when reassembling.

The only downsides to the tank are the small juice capacity and the alarmingly fast rate at which it consumes the liquid! However, refilling is super simple and easy to do. Never ever leaking, no spitback, great airflow, amazing flavor, great vapor production!

I have a Goliath V2 coming in soon (another recco from @OneBadWolf ), along with a Zephryus V2, and an Aromamizer - all of which I will be using the rocc coils on as I don't build, so I will let you know my thoughts on those after I've tested them out. I am also eyeing the praxis spitfire as I've heard good things about the flavor on that one, and have seen it on one of the sites for $19...just cannot remember which one :(

These are just my opinions, I am sure someone else can chime in with their experiences as well.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
edit, also have the cleito, haven't unboxed it yet to give it a run. Think I will do that this afternoon :)

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
edit, also have the cleito, haven't unboxed it yet to give it a run. Think I will do that this afternoon :)
I have read that the flavor is outstanding on this one, but that it has huge airflow, which is a minus to me. My hubby has the Zephyrus and Aromamizer. The flavor on the Aromamizer is outstanding, but he builds and that is with his dual claptons, I didn't know they had prebuilts for it. I haven't tried his Zeph with prebuilts, cause he has never put one in for me to try.

Thanks for the advice, the Vengeance sounds very promising!

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The new Isub Apex is also a really good flavopr tank. Does not leak, top fill, comes only with the .5 ohm coils - but they are great coils. O also have the vengeance. It is one of the best tanks out there. It comes with the .2 ohm coil. I vape it at 50 watts myself.

So the Isub Apex for flavor is almost as good as the crown and it chucks some heavy clouds. The vengeance is maybe the best flavor tank out there - other than RTAs. Yes, I said better flavor than the crown.

Either of these tanks should put a smile on your face. For aesthetics both rock.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The new Isub Apex is also a really good flavopr tank. Does not leak, top fill, comes only with the .5 ohm coils - but they are great coils. O also have the vengeance. It is one of the best tanks out there. It comes with the .2 ohm coil. I vape it at 50 watts myself.

So the Isub Apex for flavor is almost as good as the crown and it chucks some heavy clouds. The vengeance is maybe the best flavor tank out there - other than RTAs. Yes, I said better flavor than the crown.

Either of these tanks should put a smile on your face. For aesthetics both rock.
If it's almost as good as the Crown, I would buy a second crown instead. However...another vote for the Vengeance having better flavor....I might be shopping ;) Very very soon.

Thank you all for your help and opinions!

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the airflow in the drip tip is blocked off by a little rubber grommet which is also nice so you don't clack your teeth into the tip. If you want top airflow you pull it out. Don't want it, leave it in place. Ohhh and the flavor!!!

I am looking at the praxis also but am pissed because the site that had it at $19 has it back up at $28, so I am gonna hold my horses for a while.

Did order the aromamizer and coils from vapenw, looking forward to giving that thing a whirl :)

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey there. I have three of the cov vengeance tanks and I can say they are simply fantastic units! The fit and finish is flawless and the perform amazingly well. I like them right around 55-60 watts, the flavor is perfect! I always test my new juices in these tanks first before running them in my crown, tfv, arctic v8, herk +, mutank.

I just ordered the Mutank on sale, which coils have you grown fond of with that tank?

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just ordered the Mutank on sale, which coils have you grown fond of with that tank?
I have tried them all and I have to say the claptons are where its at! The twisted are good, just not as flavorful as the claptons.

One note on the tank, when first filling it I have had some leaking issues. Make sure the coil is firmly seated in the base and fill slowly, allowing the coil to saturate before filling all the way. It seems it absorbs the juice and can overflow from the juice channels. I have only had it happen twice when using new coils and it only happens once, never an issue on subsequent fills. Make sure the airflow is closed! I am probably going to order another from vapenw, not that I need another tank (20 and counting right now), but it is kind of hard to pass up at $19!!

Enjoy!!! :)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just picked up the Cleito, great tank and I am going to do a vape off with my Stentorian Steam Engine which is my overall favorite flavor tank when the Clapton coil is used.

I have the Crown, TFV4 large and mini, Mutank, OBS, Herakles Plus, Kanger STP and a couple of Arctics. There all good tanks but the Steam Engine has always had a slight edge in flavor when using there Clapton coils. I have only had the Cleito for about 4 hours but it is impressive and super easy to fill, it just won't win any beauty contests over the Steam Engine.

If you already have the Crown then try either the Cleito or Steam Engine with the Clapton coil. The Steam Engine's drip tip is awesome as well, it is a 2 piece design that stays cool, they should offer this tip for purchase separately as I would pick some up for my other tanks.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all, so I found the black vengeance on the drip club site for $19!! Do yourself a favor and get a great deal on an awesome tank!!!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kabuki with Nautilus coils has great flavor; even better with AV Cisco spec coils...

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have crown, nano, pro tanks, natutilus, areo v3, Heraklas, alantis, subtank mini, tfv4 mini, melo 1, melo 2, and the melo 2 has them all beat with tfv4 mini a second.

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have tried them all and I have to say the claptons are where its at! The twisted are good, just not as flavorful as the claptons.

One note on the tank, when first filling it I have had some leaking issues. Make sure the coil is firmly seated in the base and fill slowly, allowing the coil to saturate before filling all the way. It seems it absorbs the juice and can overflow from the juice channels. I have only had it happen twice when using new coils and it only happens once, never an issue on subsequent fills. Make sure the airflow is closed! I am probably going to order another from vapenw, not that I need another tank (20 and counting right now), but it is kind of hard to pass up at $19!!

Enjoy!!! :)
That's where I ordered mine from, 25 bucks with shipping is a steal. I'm still waiting to find THE tank for me. So hopefully I'll love this and can order more from there.

VU Sponsors