Become a Patron!

Best inexpensive battery for subtank mini

I'm looking to hell my dad set up a battery with a tank, he'd like the subtank mini like mine so what battery would be best to sub ohm on a tight budget

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The eleaf ijust2 kits are less than $30 and some folks seem to like them more than the subtank. However if you know he wants the kanger the subox is probably the way to go. Seen em as low as like $60, bit of a price difference but u get a variable mod instead of essentially a mech with the ijust2.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would consider the Innokin Cool Fire 4 (30.00-40.00) or the old standby, the IStick 30 (29.00-35.00) The Subtank Mini would work great with either of these devices.

I would consider the Innokin Cool Fire 4 (30.00-40.00) or the old standby, the IStick 30 (29.00-35.00) The Subtank Mini would work great with either of these devices.
Thanks for the advice , I'm new to this stilso I appreciate all the help

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Kanger Sub Box (you get another tank with that and spares are always good to have)

The Sigelei 30 Watt Mini is another viable contender. I own one and I love it.

Probably gonna get my ass chewed for sharing my next comments and thoughts,

I am not a fan of the Istick series.

Recently folks have started reporting problems with them.

That being said, my real issue with them is that they have built in batteries which cannot be replaced by the owner.

If they last until the battery cannot hold a charge, you chuck the whole device into the trash.

Me, I want a mod that has a battery (18650) that I can swap out myself when the time comes and I can still keep the mod surrounding it and not a "Rent A Mod" where the whole thing gets tossed

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanger Sub Box (you get another tank with that and spares are always good to have)

The Sigelei 30 Watt Mini is another viable contender. I own one and I love it.

Probably gonna get my ass chewed for sharing my next comments and thoughts,

I am not a fan of the Istick series.

Recently folks have started reporting problems with them.

That being said, my real issue with them is that they have built in batteries which cannot be replaced by the owner.

If they last until the battery cannot hold a charge, you chuck the whole device into the trash.

Me, I want a mod that has a battery (18650) that I can swap out myself when the time comes and I can still keep the mod surrounding it and not a "Rent A Mod" where the whole thing gets tossed
^^^ This, all day long. I wasted $40 on an iStick 50 that I enjoyed for two whole weeks. :(

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
^^^ This, all day long. I wasted $40 on an iStick 50 that I enjoyed for two whole weeks. :(

I truly feel your pain Teresa P, I truly do!

As to your valid statement Shark Vape, I interpreted the word/ phrase/whatever when the OP said "Battery" to mean the APV that would be supplying power to the Subtank in question.

Not the battery that would be ultimately powering the APV for which the Samsung 25R's would indeed be a good choice indeed.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess I'm one of the lucky istick users that has a 20 watt still going "strong" so to speak. Battery life isn't nearly as good as it once was, and the 510 threads got a little week, but I was given a bending adaptor so I'm still good to go on that. That said brings up an option that I'm seriously looking at and might work for this situation and it's the istick 100w. Dual removable 18650s u can charge internally or separate. A lot of the big reviewers got pre release versions and from what I've seen they're performing well. Price less than $50 for a 100w box and u can (in theory) just buy a couple 25rs or He2s or another good 18650 battery and pop em in and you're going with no need to buy a separate charger. I know most folks don't recommend internal charging but it is an option to save some $ for the time being.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i have 3 Istick 20's, I have 7 istick 30's in my house and all going strong ( three users) I ve had them since they came out which wasnt that terribly long ago. The battery lasts longer than a 170.00 vaporshark ( which go bad frequently I have 4 of those, Im done with those even at 40 bucks)
I am an old Provari user ( 5 of those) so it takes a lot to get me to come off my "high horse ass" to say I really like the isticks for the money. In fact I prefer them. Small ,light and last a good while between charges.

The istick 50 was not a good unit or so Ive read in may forums. I cant commet here.

If you want to juggle many batteries at 10 bucks a pop more or less and worry about why these two batteries last longer than the 4 new ones you just got and get a 4 battery charger, be my guest. You will end up paying more in the long run. Ive been there for three years, done that. Im done with batteries.

Dont shoot me, I like my vaping simple and I like it to work every time.

Alot of cool shit out there. Good luck.
+1 on this. Sorry to take off topic again but I only have 2 mods that take 18650s, vamo and a kbox. Im already up to like 6 batteries that I rotate, and changing and separately charging batteries to me is kinda a pain, but nice at the same time that u can just swap em when you're dead, and in the case of my kbox I have no other subohm capable device so I don't have a backup if that was to be tied to a charger. There's pros and cons to both and each persons preference is very different.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I deleted my post after realizing I was going on and on and on.... lol. your too fast for me on the reply Joshua :) You have my post in your reply anyway. Its all good. ;)

Ive been reading more and posting less these days. I kinda got sucked in to this one and decided to delete it. LOL Oh well. :rolleyes:

Im around 50 batteries or so. They are a mixed bag of tricks. Mostly VCT4's and 5's so Im lucky I have those I guess. ( a mountain of AW's for the Provaries. Some real and some fake ( which pisses me off) and yes, I got stuck with 2 Fake VCT4's as well.

I just like taking my internal battery unit off the USB and swapping them. ,I can charge them almost anywhere as long as I have a usb cord with me. I can also vape a dead one as long as its plugged in. Cant do that with batteries.... or its a little harder. I dont Mech anymore either.

Anyway, Good luck OP. :)

Last edited:

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an iStick 30 with a Subtank on it. Good combo but you're looking at $30 for the mod and $30 for the tank. For that price, you could just get the Subox Mini (50W and comes with mod and tank) and spend a bit more on some batteries.

Out of raw curiosity, I ordered an iStick 30 style mod and Subtank Mini style tank from Fasttech after Vapor Joe mentioned it (It was only $30 for the pair). It should be here later this week and I'm going to do an A/B of them with the real things. If the "style" ones work as well, or almost as well, as the real things then this would be a great setup for cheap.

Ruben

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm actually giddy about the Istick 100w and will be buying one as soon as they are available. I am a fan of simplicity and the Istick UI is the best I've seen. Up is up, down is down, no stupid logos every time you turn it on like you have to be reminded constantly of the device you bought. No stupid memory presets, no idiotic scrolling menus, etc. 5 clicks off, 5 clicks on, 3 clicks vw/vv. My only bitch was the built in batteries which make the devices disposable but on that same note it made the device smaller, the 50w has huge amounts of MAH for its size. The only thing I've seen that might kill the new 100w for me is the size, it looks to be about the same size as the IPv4,

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm actually giddy about the Istick 100w and will be buying one as soon as they are available. I am a fan of simplicity and the Istick UI is the best I've seen. Up is up, down is down, no stupid logos every time you turn it on like you have to be reminded constantly of the device you bought. No stupid memory presets, no idiotic scrolling menus, etc. 5 clicks off, 5 clicks on, 3 clicks vw/vv. My only bitch was the built in batteries which make the devices disposable but on that same note it made the device smaller, the 50w has huge amounts of MAH for its size. The only thing I've seen that might kill the new 100w for me is the size, it looks to be about the same size as the IPv4,

Same here! Drooling over that one!

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
did that one you had issues with a few weeks ago not charging die on you?

VU Sponsors