Become a Patron!

Best ohms on a Goon RDA for clouds

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
i just got a goon RDA and have been wanting one for a while now. I've put it on my Tugboat Mech Mod V2.5 and don't have a crazy build on it. To be honest I'm not really al that impressed with it, the herakles 24 RDA worked really well but I know that I'm just not really utilizing the Goon as I should be which is why I'm here.

What ohms would you recommend someone such as myself use for a goon on a mech? I love clouds, it's really calming to me. Where should my ohms be to create this? Al I have its 20g and 24g Static wire, and some Omega Tiger wire I bought but have been a little worried about using on a mech. All suggestions are appreciated.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I like a simple dual coil build with 24g wire clocking in @ 0.3 Ohm, but that's just me. Any fancy coil(s), e. g. fused claptons wouldn't do well on a single 18650 mech mod, due to the power needed, in order to heat up the coil(s) properly.

theepicpath

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got a goon rda last week and love how small it is. Though i run a regulatd box mod, not a mech, but im using 6 wrap fused clatons @.22ohms

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seeing as you are running on a mech, I can only give what I personally enjoy as advice.

I am currently using a SS316L, 26G dual coil build. 2.5MM ID, 8 wraps. Came in around 0.22-23, and I find this produces plenty of clouds. There isn't too much mass to heat up, but still enough to heat a fair bit of wick and juice.

With 24G kanthal, I would take a look at the steam engine coil builder. Looking on there, for 24G kanthal, realistically I think for enough surface area you will need to build above 0.22 to get enough wraps in for enough surface area. At 0.2, around a 2.5MM bit it would be just 4-5 wraps. This isn't much surface area really.

This would probably get too hot for the size of the coil and result in a dry hit. How fast your wick can wick, and airflow will help prevent this though.
I hope you find a happy medium for enough cloud, and doing so safely with acceptable battery life.

Last edited:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do fused claptons on the goon or dual 7 wrap 21n90 both on tubes.
465949cffeec625c9a57e2ef2a3cea4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors