Become a Patron!

Best option for mini tank

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know opinions are like assholes but I'd like everyone's opinions on this. I've read about all the subtanks and people's opinions of different ones. I'm looking for anew tank for my wife at work. She's an RN and has to put it in her scrub pocket. She's been using a Smok TFV4 mini for the last 6 months. It finally broke so no I can buy her something else. I've tried to replace it for the last 3 months but she always says I've still got coils for it. I've thought about getting a Merlin but need one that has quick change coils in case she has a problem at work. I'm gonna get her a Merlin anyway. She just doesn't know it. I've been looking at the Arctic V8 mini and it looks pretty nice. So there's my problem. Please help!!!!

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know opinions are like assholes but I'd like everyone's opinions on this. I've read about all the subtanks and people's opinions of different ones. I'm looking for anew tank for my wife at work. She's an RN and has to put it in her scrub pocket. She's been using a Smok TFV4 mini for the last 6 months. It finally broke so no I can buy her something else. I've tried to replace it for the last 3 months but she always says I've still got coils for it. I've thought about getting a Merlin but need one that has quick change coils in case she has a problem at work. I'm gonna get her a Merlin anyway. She just doesn't know it. I've been looking at the Arctic V8 mini and it looks pretty nice. So there's my problem. Please help!!!![/QUOTE

What is she using for a mod, since that's a big part of the overall size.....?

Another option is the Coral Mini, which can also use her tfv4 coils.

I have a V8 Mini and tfv4. The v8 is a little tighter draw. Tiger coil can flood after refill, hive coil has not done this. Haven't tried other coils. It is a cloud tank, and goes through its' 3.5 ml quickly.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
V8 mini is a solid tank , tiger coils for me are the best and they last a long time for me at 50 watts , I run this on my Pico and has good flavor and also will chuck a decent cloud if needed , only thing is the Coils are larger and it takes up a bit of needed space for juice (if you get one you will see what I mean ) I also have the Tfv4 micro and a griffin and gemini all have good and bad points but it depends on how she likes to vape .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@sychosis She is a direct lung vaper. She vapes at about 70 watts with .2-.4 ohm coils. She uses 90/10 juice. I'm not sure what other details I can give. That's all I can think of. Can you give the some pros and cons of the other tanks you mentioned? I'd really appreciate it.

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The tighter draw is ok because she doesn't like a lot of air but she doesn't care at all about clouds. I'll look at that Coral mini. I'd never heard of it.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you get a griffin go with the 25 mm , the juice flows better between the glass and the chamber than the 22mm version , the same with the Gemini , the fit and finish is better on the griffin than the Gemini but they are both almost identical , vape is good on both , I have a fused Clapton in mine right now running 65w and have had no dry hits , leaking or issues so far (some complain of leaking issues with the 25 ) the micro tfv4 is a good flavor tank and can put out some clouds with the ss dual coils it has , bad thing is there are only 2 types of coils for this tank so far , it has the rba deck and can do 2.5,3.5, and 5 ml just by swapping the glass and a extension inside . That is a plus for me . Also the cone drip tip that comes with the micro is a nice for for the tank .I run mine at 45w around 420 degrees in tc mode and it makes a warm but not dry vape which I enjoy . The v8 is a cooler vape to me , meaning I could probably watt up a good ways , the Coils are 60 to 80 I believe for the tiger , I just don't go that high unless I am on a rda

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
7b3f7fbadd8af81356f508e866f931ac.jpg

Tfv4 left , v8 mini in center and griffin 25 on right

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know opinions are like assholes but I'd like everyone's opinions on this. I've read about all the subtanks and people's opinions of different ones. I'm looking for anew tank for my wife at work. She's an RN and has to put it in her scrub pocket. She's been using a Smok TFV4 mini for the last 6 months. It finally broke so no I can buy her something else. I've tried to replace it for the last 3 months but she always says I've still got coils for it. I've thought about getting a Merlin but need one that has quick change coils in case she has a problem at work. I'm gonna get her a Merlin anyway. She just doesn't know it. I've been looking at the Arctic V8 mini and it looks pretty nice. So there's my problem. Please help!!!!
If she likes the TFV4 Mini, get another. My wife uses one and love it. She also has a rebuildable tank, the Aromamizer by Steam Crave which she loves.....

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Zamazam I had thought about that for a fleeting second but was just curious since so much new has come out. That's why I figured I'd just ask. I'm always trying to make sure my wife has the latest and greatest. She deserves the best!!!

I've been a big fan of the Goblin Mini. The flavor from some of the mini RTAs is outstanding, with decent vapor production. It's certainly not "clouds, bro, clouds", just a satisfying amount of vapor. Of course, as an RTA, a lot depends on the build and wick.

Cons to the Goblin Mini:
Designed for dual coils. May or may not be a con for some.
Bottom fill. Who wants to carry a screwdriver around everywhere? The tiny little screw has a tendency to jump off and run away, too.
Small capacity. Not really a con IMO, if it's not difficult to fill.

Other options:
Goblin Mini V2 has top fill and a slightly larger build deck. I don't have the V2, but other than top fill, it's basically the same tank.

Serpent Mini: about the same size as the Goblin Mini, roughly the same capacity, but a different design. It's a single coil deck, kinda odd set-up, but shouldn't be too difficult to build on. Top fill, decent airflow, room for a 3mm+ coil. The biggest I could comfortably fit in the Goblin Mini was 2.5mm, but that's dual coils. I have one of these on order to replace the Goblin Mini.

Paired with a small mod, the Goblin Mini or Serpent Mini are very pocketable. When I'm out and don't want to drag a big lump o' mod + tank weighing a couple lbs, I grab the IPV D3 with the Goblin Mini. It doesn't leak at all, but I do get a good bit of condensation. Shouldn't have the same with the Serpent Mini, since it's constructed a little differently.

BOOM!

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is also now a SMOK TFV4 micro. I have been very happy with it on my pocket size mods. It comes with 3 different sizes of glass so you have your choice of how big you want the tank to be.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love my cleito-
If she has coils and loves the tvf4 mini I would grab another one-
I am looking at supertank Mini- to go w my PICO (I have it on the way)
My fav right now is cleito-crown (but crown is larger heavier)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors