Become a Patron!

Best RBA?

fibberwibber

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I'm looking at getting a black fogger V4 from angelcigs. I'm trying to find out what's the best rba out right now. Had a kayfun 3.1 from fasttech and it was terrible, leaked all the time etc. pretty much garbage. Looking pretty much for a quality rba that doesn't leak. Will have in my pocket all day at work. Just bought my 30 watt cloupor mod and seeing what would go nice with it. Thoughts?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have much love for the Taifun GT. Much easier to build and get consistently right than the KFL IMO. KFL's for me are hit and miss. Sometimes I get a good build. Sometimes not so much. Oh and don't let a leaky piece of Fasttech junk determine your final opinion on the KFL. Buy a good KFL clone like an EHPro or Infinite and revist.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really enjoy my kayfun's. I don't have any experience with the fogger V4 but if your going to carry it around wouldn't glass breakage be a worry? Especially if it is going to be jostling around in your pocket all day long. Yes kayfun's can be fiddly but the stainless steel tank option would grant a little more piece of mind in my opinion.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Don't give up on the Kayfun. It's a great device once you get the filling down and understand the air pressure thing they have going.
Here are some steps (or I have a video on my channel listed in my sig)
- place a finger over airhole and air adjustment screw / hole. Don't remove these until I say so.
- unscrew top cap.
- fill the tank
- place top cap back on. only thread it once or twice. No where near the oring.
- Turn device upside down. You will see a air bubble and your juice shift to the top of the device which is now facing down.
- Turn the top cap tight.
- Turn the device right side up.
- Wait for airbubble to go up top. Release your fingers.
- Blow the little bit of juice that might have snuck in, out.
- Mouthpiece on and vape.

If you really don't like that, check out the Squape. The only leak factor from that is if your wicks aren't setup properly. But the Kayfun really works well once you get the fill process.

Also never leave the airhole face down on the Kayfun.

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, Kayfun or Taifun are decent for a first RBA? Any others?

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heard squape is good. Expromizer. I love my flash evapor v2. Russian 91%. But opinions are like assholes everyone has one...cept politicians no one can confirm or deny they have one though they are huge ones.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I really like my Kayfun Lite Plus.

It was the first RBA I have ever built and I love it. Especially the airflow control

Easy to build and I have never gotten a dry hit from it.

Takes a wee bit to really master it just like anything else but it is worth it.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a FIRST RBA, i'd always recommend an RSST. There's almost nothing that can go wrong. At the least, they make great backups, which is what i use them for. In fact i'm using one right now.

But my favorites are the *funs: Kayfun, Taifun GT. Taifun is definitely simpler, although i find that mine is more temperamental but that's because i use READYxWICK (aka XC-116, a ceramic wick) exclusively, and that sort of complicates things because it's stiff and thick #twss

My Kayfun is from SlowTech and it works a charm, so don't nobody give up on 'em! They're excellent, at least when made and set up well. They're actually brilliantly engineered masterpieces IMHO.

crooklyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vote Kayfun lite.....was my first and still my go to everyday at work vape.....testing a fogger v4 right now and forst week was blah until i seen a video on how to actually wick it. It's been pretty good since.

Fogger just started leaking on me when I fill it all of a sudden. Fogger dual coil setup I love the idea but I'm gonna play with it more before I form an opinion.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a couple of manuals i found for anyone who might find them helpful.

Attachments

• Taifun_GT_User_Guide.pdf
    825.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SVOEMESTO_KAYFUN_v3.1ES_USER_MANUAL.compressed.pdf
    730.4 KB · Views: 18

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, Kayfun or Taifun are decent for a first RBA? Any others?

I got a Taifun before I got my first KFL. Both are easy to build on. It is the wicking that can be tricky to get right on both. I just find the Taifun a little more forgiving when have a bit to much or too little. Seems the KFL has to be right on the money or you either flood or get dry hits.

Tap'd from my LG G2

VU Sponsors