Become a Patron!

Best regulated box mod?

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh yeah! People who take advantage of others by giving them sob stories is a completely different ball game, I have no, absolutely no respect for people like that. Every single person in this world has problems they have to face, crying the blues to get something from someone is unfair and in a way it's blackmail.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, no ss on that mod? I should've done more research on it. Good thing I didn't order it, thanks for the heads up!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, no ss on that mod? I should've done more research on it. Good thing I didn't order it, thanks for the heads up!
Your welcome. The most irritating thing is it's upgradeable and imo P4Y decided not to add SS because they wanted to sell more IPV5's. Needless to say they won't be getting anymore sales from me! I'll add I tried contacting P4Y asking if they were going to update it and if not, why not twice. Never got a response - that frosted my cookies lol

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I apologize if I made you feel like that! I feel like my sweet spot is at 50-60.
It's not for me, it's for you and anyone else who feels like their wattage is a set thing. Don't limit yourself. The rule of thumb should simply be if you add more metal or lower the resistance at least try and up the wattage to see if it improves the experience as according to physics the heating element requires more wattage to get the same type of heat dissipation.

Ohm's Law describes our electrical system but Joule heating is what's happening in the atomizer.

43c2354e08e0565850b5a89d4d383777.png

Heat is proportional to the current squared times the resistance and time.

So over time it'll continue heating (that heat being sucked out by the vaporizing juice and air being pulled in). But if you lower the resistance then to get that same level of heat you need to up either time or the current (wattage basically). Also the mass of the object the current is passing through comes into play, think about pouring a cup of coffee or tea, a big thick cup will hold the heat better than the thing glass, it's not that they both aren't sucking up the heat, it's that the thicker object takes longer to heat up itself.

Now, with premade coils most are thinner wires all made pretty similarly, so yeah you'll have a pretty small range of sweet spots, but when you jump into making your own coils or using some fancier coils you'll find that the sweet spot changes dramatically.

That's all I'm trying to say. It just bothers me because people are limiting themselves for no reason. To me it's the same as someone saying "naw I don't like any pie other than Apple" "well have you tried Pecan or cherry?" "naw but I always get apple so that's what I like" silly right?

EDIT: and like you said earlier, don't apologize, you can't offend me, well maybe, but you'd need to be like a Hitler-esque militant vegan feminist trying to force your beliefs on me by using a bunch of 3 year old babies, puppies and kittens as their army sending them out to die (note I have no problem with vegans or true feminists, just the militant ones that become anti meat eaters and anti male rather than doing their own thing and simply promoting equality and good things, I support equality and respect vegans)

Last edited:

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wingsfan, I don't blame you at all for not buying from them again especially if they don't even have the decency to answer you. Jerus: I'm no vegan and I'm no feminist either, but when people like that want to voice their opinion by saying something isn't right (like eating meat for example), then it gets too far. I understand you don't like it, but other people do and you don't make decisions for anyone other than yourself. You should definitely always follow what you think is right! However, I love the posts on 9gag about vegans and feminists, they are definitely the most butthurt. (not trying to offend any readers, I just enjoy the memes) But thank you so so so much on giving me a very detailed description on wattage. I know this might sound really stupid, but what is joules? I've seen it before on I think(i could be wrong), the koopor plus or maybe the rx200, but I really don't understand that

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a unit of power just like Wattage, though it has an element of time included. IIRC it's Wattage * seconds

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I enjoy those memes too, give me a chuckle. Funny thing I also like the vaper ones, while initially it's like "damn it" thinking about it I don't want vaping to be cool, I do it because I enjoy it. I'm already stuck being a Hipster because I like to wear Flannels, have a big beard, and my only response when someone accuses me of being a hipster is "man I was dressing this way before it was cool", so ... I've accepted my fate there.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the vape ones too, especially the doctor one when he was like do you smoke cigarettes and the guy was like no I vape, and the doctor was like no sex life either then. I laughed so hard. I believe it's something along those lines

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never liked the term hipster, dress and look like what you want to!

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get joules now guys! That makes a lot more sense

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never liked the term hipster, dress and look like what you want to!
Ehh it's just a label, but I particularly dislike that group because they lead to Pabst going from the best cheap beer to being no cheaper than any other canned beer.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think for vaping a joule is basically = a watt since our mods don't know how long we will be firing them. Originally Evolv used watts for TC. When Yihi came out with TC they decided to use joules. I'm not sure if they did it to be different or if Evolv had a patent. Since Yihi is in China, I'm leaning towards being different.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well guys see you at tomorrows rap session :D, I'm going to say goodnight for now. Have a good 1.

Cheers,
Steve

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sigelei 150 OG is the greatest regulated mod!
Don't care about TC

Vape On

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I enjoy those memes too, give me a chuckle. Funny thing I also like the vaper ones, while initially it's like "damn it" thinking about it I don't want vaping to be cool, I do it because I enjoy it. I'm already stuck being a Hipster because I like to wear Flannels, have a big beard, and my only response when someone accuses me of being a hipster is "man I was dressing this way before it was cool", so ... I've accepted my fate there.
LOL! Sounds like me.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I absolutely love your setup, that's the regular 150w right?

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your jwrap is so cute, I used to play majoras mask, I had the limited edition one for game cube

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No jwrap yet, tempted but apparently they don't have a stock gameboy, and 22.50 for a custom is a bit much, so experimenting on making my own thing. Just got the design figured out and threw it on the thermal printer at work today to see if it'd look half decent. Going to go out and get some larger sheets of adhesive paper to print color on. Though tbh I'm tempted to take apart the mod and carve out some holes to have actual (non functioning) buttons/d-pad. It'd be pretty badass but that's a lot of work.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should! When you do do it, I want to be the first to see! You did a really nice job already, I can't wait to see how badass you can make it

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wish my Grandpa's workshop was still all stocked, it'd be pretty easy, but that got stripped of all it's heavy machinery, so no drill press anymore. I'll have to inquire what's still there.

Basically I'd have to cut out a d-pad, a couple holes for a/b, and then slots for start/select. Then potentially a window for the screen but that's not as required, I could use a nice picture instead. But, if I had the tools for the rest I could probably do that too, just a matter of getting the tools at this point.

it would be pretty awesome though.

As an alternative I may be able to buy an old gameboy and modify that plastic case to fit my mod inside and set it up that way :D

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn, well the game boy case sounds really cool. You should do that then!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WUD makes some pretty cool looking skins for some of the popular mods out. Figured I'd mention it since were talking about nice ways to dress a mod up. Here's a link if you are interested. I've been eyeing one for my Black Lavabox (I like the way the Padauk looks).

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
WUD makes some pretty cool looking skins for some of the popular mods out. Figured I'd mention it since were talking about nice ways to dress a mod up. Here's a link if you are interested. I've been eyeing one for my Black Lavabox (I like the way the Padauk looks).

Cheers,
Steve
Actually have the wood grain texture? That was my other thought is grab some kind of quality textured veneer to wrap with. Looking at Amazing I can pick up an original gameboy case for $15, so I may do that and carve out the inside, cut a whole and put a button extension and then set up a magnetic backing for easier access to the batteries. We'll see what I end up doing, but it'd be pretty cool to have a gameboy mod.

emsvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also bought the aspire triton before realising it only went up to about 40-50w, I think. I haven't even tried it yet, but according to rip trippers and others, it is one of the best.
If you get the Atlantis 2 coils at. 3 it goes to 80ish

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually have the wood grain texture? That was my other thought is grab some kind of quality textured veneer to wrap with. Looking at Amazing I can pick up an original gameboy case for $15, so I may do that and carve out the inside, cut a whole and put a button extension and then set up a magnetic backing for easier access to the batteries. We'll see what I end up doing, but it'd be pretty cool to have a gameboy mod.
The site says real wood skins. I don't have one as of yet so I can't confirm whether or not it has a wood grain texture. I know @f1r3b1rd has one on his Vaporshark and likes it. I tagged him so he might see this. Maybe he can elaborate on the Wud skins further.

Cheers,
Steve

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had no idea the Atlantis would work, thank you!

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe this question has already been answered but I can't seem to find it. If I'm not a TC person, is there any point to having a DNA200 mod? I'm also a Mac user so I think it totally wipes me out of the market for one, but I love the look of the Lava mod's and I've been eyeballing the RX200 as well.. But if I can't utilize it, or wont utilize it, theres no point in dropping that much money..

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe this question has already been answered but I can't seem to find it. If I'm not a TC person, is there any point to having a DNA200 mod? I'm also a Mac user so I think it totally wipes me out of the market for one, but I love the look of the Lava mod's and I've been eyeballing the RX200 as well.. But if I can't utilize it, or wont utilize it, theres no point in dropping that much money..
Save your money and get the RX. Especially if your not going to use TC. There are a lot of good devices out there that will do power and TC for cheaper.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love my rx200 so much!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors