VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1) dna200 -any mod with the board
2)hexohm 2.1
3) sx 350j

Using the DNA since it really is a tech minded vapors dream
Sx350j is ideal for a anyone that wants to set and 'fire and forget' vape
hexohm as an ideal way to safely vape with raw power and get insane battery life.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Volcano Lavabox and the VS DNA 200 should have been one of the top performers this year, but the LiPo battery life is their Achilles heel. Super quality devices, no doubt. Still might invest in one, but who knows what 2016 might bring when it comes to battery power.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Volcano Lavabox and the VS DNA 200 should have been one of the top performers this year, but the LiPo battery life is their Achilles heel. Super quality devices, no doubt. Still might invest in one, but who knows what 2016 might bring when it comes to battery power.
Solved my battery life issue with the shark200 with a few quick adjustments to the screen in escribe and this nifty gadget.
Takes me 30minutes to completely fill the battery
Small inconvenience for a feather lite, tiny dna200 mod

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MQ...s=ravpower&dpPl=1&dpID=41A6hh0-LvL&ref=plSrch

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL, This is sort of like who makes the better truck, Ford, Dodge, or Chevy? If you consider politics, and religion as similar by definition. Then everything in the world comes down to money, sex, and religion. So my answer is the MOD that provides you with all the features you want, at the lowest price is the best MOD.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, This is sort of like who makes the better truck, Ford, Dodge, or Chevy? If you consider politics, and religion as similar by definition. Then everything in the world comes down to money, sex, and religion. So my answer is the MOD that provides you with all the features you want, at the lowest price is the best MOD.

See numbers 1 and 2 from my list :)

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See numbers 1 and 2 from my list :)
I saw them, and they are both great devices. But I would argue that if you found a Sigelei 150 TC for $20, or a Kanger Subox for $10 you bought the best mod. LOL, I'm frugal, maybe cheap. I paid $10 for my Sigelei 150 TC a year ago, and it came with a Troll, and is still going strong. It does have a Velocity on it now because someone was throwing it away because they thought it was shorted. I would put it against any mod out there. So for my $10 it was the best MOD of 2015. I have wholesale access to most things made in the industry. I am just cheap.

If you want to ask me what is the most technical advanced MOD for the money, for someone that enjoys vaping as a hobby as well. I would say probably the Wismec Reuleaux (RX/DNA). The only negative I see is carrying three batteries.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I saw them, and they are both great devices. But I would argue that if you found a Sigelei 150 TC for $20, or a Kanger Subox for $10 you bought the best mod. LOL, I'm frugal, maybe cheap. I paid $10 for my Sigelei 150 TC a year ago, and it came with a Troll, and is still going strong. It does have a Velocity on it now because someone was throwing it away because they thought it was shorted. I would put it against any mod out there. So for my $10 it was the best MOD of 2015. I have wholesale access to most things made in the industry. I am just cheap.

If you want to ask me what is the most technical advanced MOD for the money, for someone that enjoys vaping as a hobby as well. I would say probably the Wismec Reuleaux (RX/DNA). The only negative I see is carrying three batteries.
Wow! That was a great deal a year ago! I think that mod was, what? 80$ a few months back?
Awesome deal! I didn't realize it had been out a year already.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Best devices for me:

Vaporflask S (the new Wismec is really cheap)
RX Releaux (seriously cheap for what you get)
D3 (a recent purchase which I love)
Evic Mini(no need to elaborate - we know this)

My two favorite devices however are:

Mini Volt from CoV (smallest 40w device made and in powerful mode it is powerful)
XVoStick (just love a good small DNA40)

The best and your favorite do not always match ...

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I have to rate them in 2 categories, Small form factor and Large form factor. For me, small form factor is critical when out and about, as I carry everything in my pockets, juice, batteries, etc. Large form factor is more for home use, as it takes up too much pocket space. :)

Large Form Factor Mods
1. DNA 200 (any mod with an authentic Evolv chipset)
2. Smok XCube II

Small Form Factor Mods
1. IPV D2 (would love the D3 to compare, but the D2 is the king so far)
2. Joyetech VTC Mini

I don't have a 3rd for either category, but suspect that the RX 200 would likely be 3rd in the large category and the SX Mini ML Class would be 1st in the small category. Hopefully someday I will have them to find out if I'm right or not ... :D

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Having small hands, and not caring for major weight in my pocket, I always give the crown to something comfortable to hold (small, in other words) that reliably does its job with minimal hassle.

1. Joyetech VTC Mini
2. Sigelei 30W

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. Any DNA 200 device !! Reuleaux DNA 200 solved the battery issue but it's quite heavy.
I don't have any other Mods now that do not have the DNA 200 chip. HCigar VT DNA 200 is my favorite because it is lightweight and thinner making it easier to carry around. I use it exclusively at work. At home, I mostly use the Reuleaux. allowing me to charge the VT for the next day. Oh, by the way, I have 2 VT's in case I need a backup.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to rate them in 2 categories, Small form factor and Large form factor. For me, small form factor is critical when out and about, as I carry everything in my pockets, juice, batteries, etc. Large form factor is more for home use, as it takes up too much pocket space. :)

Large Form Factor Mods
1. DNA 200 (any mod with an authentic Evolv chipset)
2. Smok XCube II

Small Form Factor Mods
1. IPV D2 (would love the D3 to compare, but the D2 is the king so far)
2. Joyetech VTC Mini

I don't have a 3rd for either category, but suspect that the RX 200 would likely be 3rd in the large category and the SX Mini ML Class would be 1st in the small category. Hopefully someday I will have them to find out if I'm right or not ... :D

Im curious what about the D2 in your opinion is better than the VTC mini?

Considering the vtc and d2 have same power, but vtc has a better screen, build quality, does SS TC, has step down, and has been supported on a regular basis, where does the D2 shine more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Im curious what about the D2 in your opinion is better than the VTC mini?

Considering the vtc and d2 have same power, but vtc has a better screen, build quality, does SS TC, has step down, and has been supported on a regular basis, where does the D2 shine more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For me, the D2 has been rock solid since day one. I vape TC exclusively, 99% of the time with NI 200, since I have a 25 meter spool to get rid of. :) I have used 2 TI premade coils and wasn't happy with them, hence the 99% ... The VTC has been supported quite well, but I have suffered through the anemic vape issues repeatedly, even up through FW 2.0. I am hopeful that FW 3.0 has resolved all those issues, and so far, it looks promising, but only time will tell.

I also think the build quality of my D2 is slightly better than the VTC. Perhaps it is my 1.0 VTC hardware rev, but it just doesn't feel as solid as the D2, nor is the finish holding up as well. Wow, I never thought I would say that about a P4U product, especially after the IPV Mini 2 paint flaking issues!

Again, this is only my opinion, based on the mods that I actually own and use daily. Everyone will have their own opinions based on preferences, feel, and usage. For me the D2 is slightly ahead of the VTC ... for now, ask me again after I have used the 3.0 update for a little while, it may change my mind.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Adam Paseman Oh, and I forgot one other point, the D2 seems to do about 10-15% better with power management. I use LG HG2s, and with a full battery charge, the D2 lasts an hour or more longer than the VTC. Again, maybe the 3.0 FW will help here too.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
1) Joyetech VTC Mini
2) Wismec Reuleaux (RX/DNA)
3) SX Mini ML Class

Honorable Mention: Provari Radius/P3 (Im a fanboi, so what??):rolleyes:

Happy New Year everyone! Vape safe.
Captureh5567uuu55.JPG

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Best mod ....the one I just got
Worst mod....the one it replaced

For me it's the Mclass and D2

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the evic mini which I love but I also have the D3. Thee is no question the battery life on the D3 is about 30% better never 15%. Also the D# is a YIHI chip set. I also prefer the menu. It also slightly smaller. I have a haze dripper on my D3 and the battery lasts most of the day ( I do chain vape). On my Evic the battery is gone in 2-3 hours with my bellus on top.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow! That was a great deal a year ago! I think that mod was, what? 80$ a few months back?
Awesome deal! I didn't realize it had been out a year already.
It wasn't new when I got it. I honestly don't think I have ever bought any new hardware. They were selling for about $60 retail, when I bought it. That's why I think it was the best RDA for me in 2015. And you may be right about not having it a year. Greg that Owns Pell City Vapor had bought it, then a short time later, when he saw something else he wanted to try, sold it to me, and I think it was actually $40 with the Troll on it.

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can only speak for mods we have and out of those I'd say it's:
1 IPV3Li
2 EVic VTC mini
3 Tie between the Treebox Mini and Lost Vape EPetite DNA-40
Honorable mention to the IJoy A-160 since it doesn't do TC but otherwise is an excellent mod.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have three mods as i just switched from smoking to vaping so I can only give a limited opinion. But yeah, imho the vtc mini and the cuboid are the best 2015 mods for value, power, form factor and size. Ticks all my criteria for a mod. Small, big screen and removable batteries.

VU Sponsors