Become a Patron!

Best replacement for Cuboid?

Robocop69

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sick of my cuboid. Had the atomizer short problem, did the business card trick with it, fixed it for a bit then it stopped working anyways. Found a solution where you open and close the battery cover/lid while holding the fire button and this fixed it for a bit. Now I'm having the Atomizer Not Found problem and I can't find a fix.

I'm sick of this piece of trash and I want a replacement that's reliable. I will be using it with a TFV4. What's the best replacement for the Cuboid that's cheap but better reliability and build quality. I don't need anything crazy, and I want to use the same batteries.

I actually bought an LMC Box Mod that worked okay but would constantly burn my Coils even though the wattage used was the same as the Cuboid. That LMC mod BUTTON broke and I couldn't fix it. In short, most of this vape equipment I go through has horrible quality control and I'm sick of throwing away money on it.

So please Vaping Underground, find me a cheap and reliable replacement. Something with no know common problems like the Cuboid which has many problems. Preferably something with a proven track record, I bought the Cuboid when it first came out and it had glowing reviews. Little did I know so many people would be posting online of their same problems that I have.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hohm wrecker G2, or Hohm Slice. Some do complain about the battery cover on the Slice though, being "wobbly".

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The G2 is a good suggestion; it's tough as nails and backed by good customer service if you should run into any issues. I also hear a lot of glowing reviews of the Alien but it's still pretty new. I would avoid the IPV 6 as it's had some issues with TC and reverse battery protection. What is your budget and specs you are looking for? I would recommend a DNA of some kind. The hcigar VT133 can be had for less than $100 at times (sales and coupon codes) and is supposed to be a great mod. Also if you are ok with 75w there are quite a few affordable DNA 75's out there.

Edit to add - there is always the IPV5, I've seen them as low as $40 from ecig.com and other sites. Other than the magnets on the battery door, it's a solid mod.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From my understanding the ipv6x has had the issues fixed with v1.5. I may be wrong but that's why I've heard.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From my understanding the ipv6x has had the issues fixed with v1.5. I may be wrong but that's why I've heard.
Yeah, but the problem is there are 3 versions. Daniel at Djslb Vapes goes over all 3 in his update video. Almost all of them have a battery door problem. After a while the battery door just pops open when you put the mod down. It's a shame because it's a great looking mod with a great board. I would definitely take an Ipv5 over it especially with the price difference. The Ipv5 is just a solid work horse. If you're going to get a G2 just make sure you take the time to get to know the board. It's a great mod at a great price. Vaporcube.com has them for under $60 for a refurb. Code is G2REFB. Many of us have bought then there and have had a great experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, but the problem is there are 3 versions. Daniel at Djslb Vapes goes over all 3 in his update video. Almost all of them have a battery door problem. After a while the battery door just pops open when you put the mod down. It's a shame because it's a great looking mod with a great board. I would definitely take an Ipv5 over it especially with the price difference. The Ipv5 is just a solid work horse. If you're going to get a G2 just make sure you take the time to get to know the board. It's a great mod at a great price. Vaporcube.com has them for under $60 for a refurb. Code is G2RFB. Many of us have bought then there and have had a great experience.

I just went to their site because I'm in the market for a dual 18650 mod. I can't find any refurbs on their page. You got a link to share?

Edit: I found them $99. That code didn't work on my phone though. Maybe it's expired?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just went to their site because I'm in the market for a dual 18650 mod. I can't find any refurbs on their page. You got a link to share?

Edit: I found them $99. That code didn't work on my phone though. Maybe it's expired?
new G2 http://www.vaporcube.com/h-wrecker-g2-hohm-wrecker-171w-temperature-control-box-mod.html
new G2 LE http://www.vaporcube.com/h-wrecker-...perature-control-box-mod-limited-edition.html
Refurb G2 http://www.vaporcube.com/h-wrecker-...-control-box-mod-manufacture-refurbished.html
refurb G2 LE http://www.vaporcube.com/h-wrecker-...-manufacture-refurbished-limited-edition.html

G2REFB for 45 dollars off refurbs
G2WRECKER65OFF for 60 dollars off a new one

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

work for me. make sure it's all caps?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's my bad I gave him the wrong code. Left out the "E". Sorry bro.

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
where are you guy buying your aliens I tried their actual site smoktech.com , but it's getting 404 error codes I'm also in between g2 and the alien and I am very indecisive I have the IPV3 and the g2 looks a lot like it , I kinda wanna try something a bit different, and I been hearing the silver g2 hits the best and I want black as I just bought a black pharaoh dripper tank and I want black on black so Idk what to do their both the same price pretty much

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
where are you guy buying your aliens I tried their actual site smoktech.com , but it's getting 404 error codes I'm also in between g2 and the alien and I am very indecisive I have the IPV3 and the g2 looks a lot like it , I kinda wanna try something a bit different, and I been hearing the silver g2 hits the best and I want black as I just bought a black pharaoh dripper tank and I want black on black so Idk what to do their both the same price pretty much
the silver G2 hitting best is an inside joke. they are all the same regardless of color. none of them hit harder. the G2 is a better mod but not as nice looking as the alien. they run about 65 bucks right now on vaporcube new or 55 refurbished. Alien kits are hard to find. i got 2. 1 was on ecig.com where i paid 38 bucks for it with 2 batteries and another on misthub.com where i paid 57 bucks for the kit (tank included) Fastech has them for 40 bucks right now pretty much any color but it'll take 3-4 weeks to get

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the silver G2 hitting best is an inside joke. they are all the same regardless of color. none of them hit harder. the G2 is a better mod but not as nice looking as the alien. they run about 65 bucks right now on vaporcube new or 55 refurbished. Alien kits are hard to find. i got 2. 1 was on ecig.com where i paid 38 bucks for it with 2 batteries and another on misthub.com where i paid 57 bucks for the kit (tank included) Fastech has them for 40 bucks right now pretty much any color but it'll take 3-4 weeks to get
Lol, that silver G2 though. Lmao. It's becoming legendary.

Last edited:

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, that silver G2 though. Lmao. It's becoming legendary.

haha yeah they got me with that I had no idea, I was just scrolling that thread I wanted the limited edition of g2 in blac, i just dont wanna put out the money nor do I want a refub even tho ppl are saying it's not bad, but I have shitty luck :/

Robocop69

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the replies guys. Went with the Smok Alien because of the reviews. It hasn't been out for awhile which worries me, but my TFV4 has been relatively solidly built so I view Smok as a manufacturer that likes to get things right. I also wanted to try out the TFV8 which also comes with the kit. As well, the Fire Bar I'm hoping solves a lot of the problems I've had with crappy fire buttons that stop working after a while.

Size was also a consideration for me. Had an LMC Box Mod before and the size was too much for daily use. Which is why I went against suggestions of the Hohm Wrecker.

Just took my first hits on the Smok Alien. Love that it's lighter than the Cuboid and shorter. Liking the fire bar, and the hits are decent with the TFV4.

Oh and for those wondering about play in the fire bar. None in mine, but I got the Gun Metal/Black version.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for all the replies guys. Went with the Smok Alien because of the reviews. It hasn't been out for awhile which worries me, but my TFV4 has been relatively solidly built so I view Smok as a manufacturer that likes to get things right. I also wanted to try out the TFV8 which also comes with the kit. As well, the Fire Bar I'm hoping solves a lot of the problems I've had with crappy fire buttons that stop working after a while.

Size was also a consideration for me. Had an LMC Box Mod before and the size was too much for daily use. Which is why I went against suggestions of the Hohm Wrecker.

Just took my first hits on the Smok Alien. Love that it's lighter than the Cuboid and shorter. Liking the fire bar, and the hits are decent with the TFV4.

Oh and for those wondering about play in the fire bar. None in mine, but I got the Gun Metal/Black version.
nice. glad you enjoy it (knew you would lol) loving this mod so far

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Sweet! good to hear about that fire button on yours I also ordered gunmetal last night and even though I watched youtube videos on a quick fix for it I wasn't excited to fix it haha , but glad they fixed, hopefully mine is fixed aswell! I cant wait!

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet! good to hear about that fire button on yours I also ordered gunmetal last night and even though I watched youtube videos on a quick fix for it I wasn't excited to fix it haha , but glad they fixed, hopefully mine is fixed aswell! I cant wait!
Where'd you order yours from?

VU Sponsors