Become a Patron!

Best RTA

HeroicEgg

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the best RTA going just now? I'm currently using the Baby Beast and I like it, but I'm refilling every 35 seconds and it's rather annoying. I love that topfill and big deck though.

22mm dia is a must!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a 22mm I would recommend either the Conqueror or Griffin for DTL. For MTL the Kayfun V5

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The best RTA is the one that keeps you from smoking.
Other than that its all in what you like and what you want to spend.
I jumble between a kayfun5, and ephoenix junior for restrive DL.
Or mage, billow v3 and an avocado22 for direct lung
For mtl, I use the old kayfun lite or aquav2
Typically though I'm a dripper 9 times out of 10

HeroicEgg

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Droppers are no use to me due to primarily vaping in the car travelling for work. Need a decent tank but I have the Dani Extreme V3 so I'm restricted by diameter. Been off the manuals for over three years now though, so regardless of what happens next I've already won!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Droppers are no use to me due to primarily vaping in the car travelling for work. Need a decent tank but I have the Dani Extreme V3 so I'm restricted by diameter. Been off the manuals for over three years now though, so regardless of what happens next I've already won!

I used to drive a rig, when I was driving I stuck with a subohm tank for convenience and if something went wrong all I had to do was pop in a coil(time is money on the road). If I were out I could run into a vapeshop and buy coils.
The convenience was worth it. I kept the RDA and RTA for recreation times.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

OK, with the Dani Extreme V3 I'd recommend the Kayfun V5 unless you've got the "L" version with an 18650 and Vape around 0.25 ohms

HeroicEgg

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd like to have different setups for different occasions but :LAZY: and also I'm horrifying unprepared for life in general so I'll most definitely forget vital components or bring the wrong thing!

I rushed out and bought a Conqueror after a quick bit of research. Ideally I want a Beast that's 22mm, has several different RBA heads and holds 6ml, whilst also having an optional metal tank (for surviving floor drops) and a GPS for when I lose it!

HeroicEgg

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK, with the Dani Extreme V3 I'd recommend the Kayfun V5 unless you've got the "L" version with an 18650 and Vape around 0.25 ohms

I did get the L version, my builds with NiFe52 generally come out around 0.3 ohms

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did get the L version, my builds with NiFe52 generally come out around 0.3 ohms

OK if you're doing DTL as recommended the Conqueror has really killer flavor and would also look good on the Dani. It's postless and is "different" to build but very easy IMO.

The Griffin is great also and would do well.

The Kayfun V5 is a loose MTL or a tight DTL, but the flavor is damn good and super easy to build, wick and use. It would also look very good on the Dani

HeroicEgg

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had a griffin in the past but I found the liquid capacity to be small and the space between the glass and inner tank to be unfriendly towards my treacle-like juices!
I've bought a Conqueror and I'm currently flirting with a Kayfun.

DAT COST THOUGH!! Still, I bought the Dani so seems fitting to adorn it with an expensive crown I guess!
Still cheaper than fags!!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a griffin in the past but I found the liquid capacity to be small and the space between the glass and inner tank to be unfriendly towards my treacle-like juices!
I've bought a Conqueror and I'm currently flirting with a Kayfun.

DAT COST THOUGH!! Still, I bought the Dani so seems fitting to adorn it with an expensive crown I guess!
Still cheaper than fags!!

The cost of the Kayfun is very high, I'd do what I did. I bought a couple of SXK Clones for $25 each from 3FVape, excellent quality and you seriously can't tell the difference the SXK's are made so well. I like them so much I pulled the trigger on an Authentic and I'm waiting on it.

Yeah know what you mean about the Griffin but you're wanting a large build deck but want a 22mm so that's about the best with those two limitations. If you're not a big DTL and can be happy with either a very tight DTL or a loose MTL (on the wide open setting) then I still highly recommend the Kayfun V5. Just get the SXK Clone, other Clones like Tobeco, etc aren't as well made ;)

HeroicEgg

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just so sceptical about clone tanks after a bad experience: I've vowed never to buy a clone again!
Griffin was pretty great though aside from the above issues and old smashing smasherson with the glass...
I also had another tank which I forget the name of (half metal with the glass in top and massive velocity deck hidden away underneath, with juice control etc but the screw connector in the bottom sheared off due to thin metal and bad design. It also needed the coils exposed to refill which disturbed the wick...

Really I just want something which meets 100% of my criteria (real and imagined) and also somehow stops the whole "bored: need new toys" illness I suffer from!

Perhaps I just need therapy!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Talk about a loaded question!

To date, my favorite is the Merlin.

Super easy to build, does not leak and is easy to top-fill.

VU Sponsors