Become a Patron!

Best TC mod right now? And Questn on DNA200 mods

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys!

In the vape world you guys are the best -- so, since I'm thinking to enter the TC world in a couple days...what is considered the best TC mod right now? And is it worth it to wait for something with that new DNA200 chip? There was one I saw coming out in Sept that is pretty popular.

Heard a lot about the sx mini, i believe its called.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on what you want to spend. I have an SX mini which I love, and I also have the VT (love that one too), and an Istick 40 watt (for going out and about). I have an IPV4 which was also great but too heavy. They all work reasonably well, given the limitations of TC. The SX mini is the only one I have with a removable battery. Can't comment on the DNAs, but there will always be something better that comes out the week after you buy one!

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys!

In the vape world you guys are the best -- so, since I'm thinking to enter the TC world in a couple days...what is considered the best TC mod right now? And is it worth it to wait for something with that new DNA200 chip? There was one I saw coming out in Sept that is pretty popular.

Heard a lot about the sx mini, i believe its called.

Hi John
Please Tell us what style of mod you like and what typical wattage,mod size,toppers eg you use this will help narrow it down some. another thing to consider is pricing and a proven performer or track record. There are just so many choices now.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, i see...i am new to the TC world so bear with me. Anything under $150 or so I guess... - i will use it for RTAs, dripping, etc. I have yet to build anything that is best at 100 watts or above, but if those types of builds are out there Id like to be able to try them. So maybe 150 or so in the wattage department would be nice. External batteries would be nice, 18650 is already a big part of my battery rotation but whatever is required is fine...so if its internal, thats cool.

Thanks for the reply, amanda. Do you think the sx mini is worth it for RDAs and RTAs as well? Is the new dna200 chip a big enough deal to wait on TC until it arrives in full force?

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I primarily use subtanks (rba), i have two drippers thus far that I vape between 30 and 85 watts or so. But I am relatively new, so if there are useful builds using over 100 watts, id like to get something that utilizes it.

I currently use a sigelei 150, a kbox, a subox kit, an istick 50 watt. 3 subtank minis, kayfun for MTL, and 2 RDAs. I only give my list to give you an idea of my current usage and habits.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I primarily use subtanks (rba), i have two drippers thus far that I vape between 30 and 85 watts or so. But I am relatively new, so if there are useful builds using over 100 watts, id like to get something that utilizes it.

I currently use a sigelei 150, a kbox, a subox kit, an istick 50 watt. 3 subtank minis, kayfun for MTL, and 2 RDAs. I only give my list to give you an idea of my current usage and habits.

Can't go wrong with the iPV3 Li or Sigelei 150 watt TC (Temp Control) both are dual 18650 mods.
for a smaller device try the Sx Mini M class. I have 3 of them and love them. full of features and with the battle axe attachment you can run them in series up to 150 watts.
I can't say how the Dna200 will perform as it is so new to the market but hopefully evolv will renew vapers trust in them with this new chip.
I'm waiting on Vapor shark to release their dna200 before I get one.

Cloudmaker White-Out is also a viable mod, you can get it in 3 different flavors. Not out yet and only a pre order but I like the looks and customizability of it.
Sx-350J Flavor
Dna200 Flavor
In House Ares Arduino Flavor

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the IPV3 Li. It's user firmware upgradeable to 200 watts. VW/TC, up to 100 joules with Ti, 50 with Ni. Built like a tank and can be had for less than $100. I forgot to mention it's a two 18650 mod with no tools needed for battery changes. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I see Mav and I were typing at the same time, he's obviously faster lol

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really like the IPV3 Li. It's user firmware upgradeable to 200 watts. VW/TC, up to 100 joules with Ti, 50 with Ni. Built like a tank and can be had for less than $100. I forgot to mention it's a two 18650 mod with no tools needed for battery changes. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I see Mav and I were typing at the same time, he's obviously faster lol
lol all good m8 every opinion counts
here's that link for the battery door magnet upgrade for our iPV2S

Slurve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have narrowed my next mod to the sigelei 150 tc or ipv4 s. I thought about the ipv3 li but I prefer the look of the ipv4. I can't sell the price of the sx mini to my wife

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys, thank you a bunch. I was thinking of the sig 150tc or ipv4. I guess I prob will go sig!

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The DNA 200 is very much worth it. If you're the nerdy type, you'll love going on the PC to fine tune things. It's probably the most future proof unit we'll see for years to come. A little steep but it should last for a very long time. There are already firmware updates available and future support for temp control coils and wicks that don't exist yet.... Well according to them

Last edited:

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the sig....got the one on vapejoe's blog on sale. Im sure in 2 weeks itll be even lower (LOL), but who cares..its shipped from the US so thats good. I was pressured into it. I had the page up and 3 were left. I refreshed it 20 mins later...only 2 left. So I said...screw it, Im buying this puppy.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a good unit. Mine stopped firing correctly, so I was forced into buying another mod. You'll enjoy it

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I brought it from district 5 vapes and they don't offer warranties. Wish I had known that before I brought it

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I brought it from district 5 vapes and they don't offer warranties. Wish I had known that before I brought it
I see. Well I hope/assume its not a known issue that is widespread. Seems to be pretty well liked overall from what I see of reviews.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a good unit. Mine stopped firing correctly, so I was forced into buying another mod. You'll enjoy it
The new sigelei 150 watt tc? Or the Og sigelei 150?

Edit: Just checked district 5 vapes website they don't sell the Sigelei 150w tc only the 75w tc.

Last edited:

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It was the og and I was looking to see if they offered that. Thanks a bunch

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years