Become a Patron!

Best temp control mod

Mechanix

Member For 4 Years
Alright so I keep going back and forth on what mod to get next so I need some input what do you guys think it's the best temp control mod with more then 100 watts and I'm wanting something compact and easy to carry cause I do most my vaping on the go and while driving any input would be great tna

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the 4 best over 100 watts are
a dna 200 mod - battery life may be an issue for you
ipv 3li
smok xcube 2 - some people say they have minor issues getting the ss tc upgrade working
sig 150 tc

compare the 4 for your personal needs but those are probably the 4 biggest selling ones over 100 watts

Mechanix

Member For 4 Years
the 4 best over 100 watts are
a dna 200 mod - battery life may be an issue for you
ipv 3li
smok xcube 2 - some people say they have minor issues getting the ss tc upgrade working
sig 150 tc

compare the 4 for your personal needs but those are probably the 4 biggest selling ones over 100 watts

Any thoughts on the snow wolf 200

Mechanix

Member For 4 Years
shit i forget about the snow wolf
no idea why i forget about it
thats another one that is a big seller

I've kinda looked into the snow wolf and sigelei and can't decide I've found them for about the same price but which is better

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've kinda looked into the snow wolf and sigelei and can't decide I've found them for about the same price but which is better
Well I promise you can get a Sigelei cheaper than a wolf. Wolf only has ni setting for TC, and it's huge and in cased in glass. The Sigelei I believe has ti mode as well as ni (either mod can can run ti with temp offset) I've heard about a few glitches in the sig though. Personally I went X Cube II. So many features for such a cheap priced mod. Can't wait for SS in temp mode, should be here tomorrow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The best tc mods I've used are::
Dna200- -does SS-200w in power or tc mode also available in dual 18650 mode at 133w 'boxer' by gingervapes has the dna133--loves it!!!! The litt44 is a beast for battery life.
Sx350j- vapor lips makes a dual18650 version as does signaturemods, 150w with dual battery for power mode 70 for tc with titanium and 50 for tc with nickel though
Showoff-the v1.5 is great
Xcube II--does SS

Mechanix

Member For 4 Years
Well I promise you can get a Sigelei cheaper than a wolf. Wolf only has ni setting for TC, and it's huge and in cased in glass. The Sigelei I believe has ti mode as well as ni (either mod can can run ti with temp offset) I've heard about a few glitches in the sig though. Personally I went X Cube II. So many features for such a cheap priced mod. Can't wait for SS in temp mode, should be here tomorrow!

How is the cubes lock features I worry about something with the whole side being the fire button

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't rule out the Asolo ! It's super small, well built and fairly cheap. The DNA 200 is also excellent but will cost you a bit. Just my thoughts.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have mine in hand till tomorrow. But, there was a guy I assume from UK who uses "fuck" and "cunt" a lot, I know he's a kind of popular reviewer, but it has to be fully depressed to fire, he hit it in his hand a bunch didn't fire. I believe it's 5 presses to lock/unlock. Got mine for $55 shipped. He'll of a deal for 160w mod with ni/ti/and SS support in temp control mode.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't have mine in hand till tomorrow. But, there was a guy I assume from UK who uses "fuck" and "cunt" a lot, I know he's a kind of popular reviewer, but it has to be fully depressed to fire, he hit it in his hand a bunch didn't fire. I believe it's 5 presses to lock/unlock. Got mine for $55 shipped. He'll of a deal for 160w mod with ni/ti/and SS support in temp control mode.

Bahahahaha!!!!! The gaping Began from Australia?
Dude is hilarious just dont want your kids in the room

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i would love for that guy and phil to get together and do a video review

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ivw almost bought the cube. but i hear there is an issue getting the newest update with SS TC installed.
@Jim_MDP have you got that update installed and working

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mine yesterday, told C a few minutes ago we need to resurrect one of the Cube threads so I can get the latest scoop on the updates.. Had you in mind, and someone else I'm forgetting.

The lock is straight 5 click on/off. Works fine. A shortcut to power off is... lock, then hold fire to get the power on/off menu.

And you don't want to know how cheap I got mine.
Is it three to lock it then?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also I must know! How much!?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I've been looking at sig 150 tc. Can anyone confirm if it does ti without offsetting the ni200 temp? But I may look deeper for a ss tc capable mod

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Last edited:

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
SX Mini M Class is still my favorite and very compact even with the ugly stick attached. Fits in my pocket much better than the bulky series boxes I own.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been looking at sig 150 tc. Can anyone confirm if it does ti without offsetting the ni200 temp? But I may look deeper for a ss tc capable mod

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone
Can't answer your sig150 question but I will say, do yourself a favor and get one with ss capability in tc. Would hate anyone to get something they will look to replace shortly. Not that tc or ss will take off so much as what IF it does?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Can't answer your sig150 question but I will say, do yourself a favor and get one with ss capability in tc. Would hate anyone to get something they will look to replace shortly. Not that tc will take off so much as what IF it does?
Love my Tc devices. Looking to get more power to run my 65 watt tanks. Ss tc seems to be taking off so I will prob look for nickle, titantiu, and ss capabilities

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Love my Tc devices. Looking to get more power to run my 65 watt tanks. Ss tc seems to be taking off so I will prob look for nickle, titantiu, and ss capabilities

Its the same mindset when the dna40 and sx350jwere the only one on the market, people were looking for mods and some vets were screaming that tc sucks and its a fad (not saying its not) so people were mot getting a tc mod. a month later those people that listened were looking for another mod to try tc. Being a hobbyist vapor is not a cheap hobby, so I would rather buy once rather than twice.
Besides dna200 mods can be found cheaper than the dna30s were, and the xcubeii is not expensive either,

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Sounds like I got some research to do now lolol

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dicodes 2380 is the best TC device out there. Nothing else comes close to the Dicode chip.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
there you are the guy who only says how great dicodes are

all i can find are german sites with little to no info about these mods including the manufacturer's website

you have any links that have real information about these mods and places to buy then in the states

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

all i can find are german sites with little to no info about these mods including the manufacturer's website

you have any links that have real information about these mods and places to buy then in the states
I think its similar to the pipeline pro which Busardo did a review not long ago, 40w single 18650 40w, expandable to 80w with an extension to stack 18650s.
One button, and you can program in tcr curve to add metals, similar conceit to evolve. But the navigation looked complicated the one button,

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I think its similar to the pipeline pro which Busardo did a review not long ago, 40w single 18650 40w, expandable to 80w with an extension to stack 18650s.
One button, and you can program in tcr curve to add metals, similar conceit to evolve. But the navigation looked complicated the one button,

I am the only guy talking about Dicodes because not many people know about them. They are a small EU company and their chips are expensive but extremely good at what they do. You have to get them shipped from US for about $300.

You can also watch this video for some nice impressions:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's another reason I've never explored them. my personal spending cap is 200$ a mod, and even that's a bit high in respect to how fast this tech changes. That and to be honest the one button navigation is just nit my thing, dude. I'm sure its dead accurate but... you know, different stokes dude

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's another reason I've never explored them. my personal spending cap is 200$ a mod, and even that's a bit high in respect to how fast this tech changes. That and to be honest the one button navigation is just nit my thing, dude. I'm sure its dead accurate but... you know, different stokes dude

Yeah I completely agree with you. The mod is not for everyone. However, it does TC the best, is compact and easy to carry just like OP wanted. The only issue is that it is not 100W but OP gotta pick between compact and power.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I completely agree with you. The mod is not for everyone. However, it does TC the best, is compact and easy to carry just like OP wanted. The only issue is that it is not 100W but OP gotta pick between compact and power.
Not necessarily the case, I mean to extent everything is limited to how much metal can you wraparound a battery, the evic mini, shark200 and lavabox are relatively small and two of those are also deadly accurate 200w mods, the other is 60.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Right now, there is no "best". If the masses want TC, it's there. Plenty of offerings to choose from. If nickle was the best, this conversation would be over. But it isn't the best.

Ti is better so some do that. SS is better for everything, and kanthal52 keeps popping up for some reason. Only a couple can do SS.

Software is an obvious evolution. Everyone will do it soon. Not too revolutionary.

Evolv did it right. Allow user to enter TCR... They will all allow that soon. It's too obvious now that a couple do it.

The only problem right now, we all seem to know how it should be, but only a couple do it. Is the DNA the only one with TCR change and software with plenty of power? But the DNA still needs to be "proven" longterm. And the 900 mah lipo is just silly. Capacity is just not something that should be talked about. 1300s are available, and can be sold as "better" than dual 18650s. But right now, a big complaint of the 200 is capacity.

So a year from now... Good batteries, plenty of choices, TCR, software... But right now, you can have this same discussion every few weeks.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Right now, there is no "best". If the masses want TC, it's there. Plenty of offerings to choose from. If nickle was the best, this conversation would be over. But it isn't the best.

Ti is better so some do that. SS is better for everything, and kanthal52 keeps popping up for some reason. Only a couple can do SS.

Software is an obvious evolution. Everyone will do it soon. Not too revolutionary.

Evolv did it right. Allow user to enter TCR... They will all allow that soon. It's too obvious now that a couple do it.

The only problem right now, we all seem to know how it should be, but only a couple do it. Is the DNA the only one with TCR change and software with plenty of power? But the DNA still needs to be "proven" longterm. And the 900 mah lipo is just silly. Capacity is just not something that should be talked about. 1300s are available, and can be sold as "better" than dual 18650s. But right now, a big complaint of the 200 is capacity.

So a year from now... Good batteries, plenty of choices, TCR, software... But right now, you can have this same discussion every few weeks.
Hahah!!! True..but of you only need the 133w the DNA does have the dual 18650 option. And the boxer is a fairly small mod in relation to some of the other dual 18650s and the 900mah in a lipoh is not as bad as it sounds. With a few screen tweaks ok escribe I get 6-7 hours at 50-55 watts.
So, say the militia at 1300 will be a nice run time!
I still think that my hexohm wipes the floor with the DNA for real power vaping though. All day on two 18650s at 80w. You just can't beat that. But, that's a totally different style of vaping.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Big fan of my IPV3 Li now that I've had a week to play with it.

The odd combination of this, my Triton tank, and a 1.8 ohm coil with both airflow adjusters wide open (or it won't pull well enough for MTL) produces the best flavor I've had so far from a device, and very admirable clouds. 20-22 watts is all I need. I could probably vape for three days on that pair of 18650s.

Also admirable is the firmware upgrade... which not only gives you that 200W max, but also the Ni/Ti modes, as opposed to just one generalized TC mode.

I know people don't think the design is very sexy, and they're right... it isn't. But I'll let my eVic VTC Mini be my sexy little seamstress of the vape cabinet. The IPV 3 Li is the Beast to the eVic's beauty.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The advantages of lipo have been said. It's just a shame for such a good offing to have to answer questions of capacity. And changing out lipos or buying more just isn't what everyone has right now. Just a diversion from a good offering.

I use Sony VTC5. In my last setup, one would do most of the day. With my Crown/D2 and LG HG@, I can get through till the afternoon. More capacity, more consumption. The 1300 lipo should give me just a bit more. So I am used to having a mod plugged in and getting through the day . I will still have two and am not worried about getting through the day. Some guys can't get through the day without carrying 6 - 18650s around. :)

Obviously the more power needed, the batteries will continue to be an issue for most.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What we really need to start doing is set a standard of 50w and then rate battery capacity in MLs of juice vaporized. Oh... and I guess a rating for VG and PG. :)

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, VG/PG would have to be standardized, as well as airflow rate... attach a shop vac to the drip tip perhaps? :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
that's where the 2a charger on the shark seems to suit my needs better than a 1300 lipo, it tops off in the car while I'm sitting in traffic after work, or even popped on the charger last 45 minutes lf the work day,

Found a short video of that dicodes, I have a p3 and this menu would be confusing for me
I'm sorry dude, but just not my thing

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I currently use a Koopepr mini which is under what your looking for but that said I think if I was to buy right now it would get the xcube 2 just for the SS so I can try that. I can tell you that I really like my koopor mini so you might look into the koopor plus as it will go to 200w. The only issue I have had with the mini are the buttons can have a little rattle but I dont notice it to be honest but your mileage may vary.

The mini and the plus also allow you to enter TCR but I honestly have not messed with that yet. Im really happy with the mini so far. Time will tell if they do firmware updates but I am hoping they do as its a selling point but that can be hit or miss.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
that's where the 2a charger on the shark seems to suit my needs better than a 1300 lipo, it tops off in the car while I'm sitting in traffic after work, or even popped on the charger last 45 minutes lf the work day,

Found a short video of that dicodes, I have a p3 and this menu would be confusing for me
I'm sorry dude, but just not my thing
The 2A charging is actually a good point. Nice option.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What we really need to start doing is set a standard of 50w and then rate battery capacity in MLs of juice vaporized. Oh... and I guess a rating for VG and PG. :)
kilojoules/milliliter would provide a more meaningful metric for battery life comparisons.

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Check out the boxer mod on ginger vapes, not cheap but a awesome box mod and its not big at all

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It has the yihi 350j chip in it the batterys run in a series and its 150 watts. The also have a dna 200 temp at 133 watts.

kwb19448

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
X cube click the fire button 5 times real quick and it's locked. Love mine works great

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
X cube click the fire button 5 times real quick and it's locked. Love mine works great

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I have been looking at this Smok x cube II mod and it does seem intriguing. I have read many reports where the app will not connect to the mod. Can you state how your experience has been with this mod and the app interface. I am most interested because it will sense on control SS coils which of course is additional fees but it is what it is I guess

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have been looking at this Smok x cube II mod and it does seem intriguing. I have read many reports where the app will not connect to the mod. Can you state how your experience has been with this mod and the app interface. I am most interested because it will sense on control SS coils which of course is additional fees but it is what it is I guess

the upgrade fees are just an annoyance
you can get the xcube 2 for 60 or less many places. the upgrade fees are less the $3 so$63 for mod that
1. has 3 modes of temp control
2. has buck and boost
3. has a cool ass fire bar
4 has cool ass LEDs
5.can fire up to 160w

sounds pretty good to me

if the rice dont dry out my d2, I may be getting one

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the upgrade fees are just an annoyance
you can get the xcube 2 for 60 or less many places. the upgrade fees are less the $3 so$63 for mod that
1. has 3 modes of temp control
2. has buck and boost
3. has a cool ass fire bar
4 has cool ass LEDs
5.can fire up to 160w

sounds pretty good to me

if the rice dont dry out my d2, I may be getting one
So you state these as facts though you have zero experience with said device? Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors