Become a Patron!

Best Way to Test Flavors

What is the best way to try out new flavors of juice? So, let's say I buy a sample pack with several small bottles of juice, should I just have a few cheapo tanks to throw them into and try them out?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a very cheap (under $10) Igo-L single coil to test flavors! If you're not into rebuilding you can just use a cheap tank - which is what I used to do when I first started vaping.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a slew of old ce4's in a shoebox just for that purpose.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to have some cheap Cartomizers, filled them up with 5-10 drops, let it soak in for a few minutes, and tested.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wanting to do this same thing, but not wanting to keep buying those tanks is what got me into dripping...which lead to mechanical mods...and so on.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so many great regulated mods have hit the market since i got into dripping, it can make getting into dripping easier than starting with mechanical mods

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here, run them under a hot tap and rinse them out, let them dry. They do for awhile and they're dirt cheap.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Panther1911, I may need to get into dripping...oh the rabbit hole....
On the long run, it's cheaper utilizing a RDA for testing juices. It's only annoying when you have to at least rinse the RDA, dry burn the coil, and change the wick for every different flavor.
That's why I have over 20 RDAs :D

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It also depends what you're using to vape the final mix. If you test it in a clearo but vape in something that doesn't mute flavor as much you have to test it in similar equipment!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It also depends what you're using to vape the final mix. If you test it in a clearo but vape in something that doesn't mute flavor as much you have to test it in similar equipment!
That is correct. I'm making my e-juices mainly to use in RDAs, and UD Goblin RTA or Silverplay. For other tops I could use lower percentages of flavor.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What is the best way to try out new flavors of juice? So, let's say I buy a sample pack with several small bottles of juice, should I just have a few cheapo tanks to throw them into and try them out?
Either that or a bridgeless atomizer... I have both. I use the cheap clearos mostly and after I use them I put them in a bin... when that bin gets full I give them all a good "wash" out .. let em dry for a few days... then they're good to go again.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I test my flavors the old school way with a long barrel HH357 Atomizer, I've got 3 of them, just rinse them out, or soak em in vodka if there's a stubborn flavor that won't rinse out. They last a really long time and provide incredible flavor with just a few drops of juice.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm in tapatalk so I can't see if this is a DIY thread, but I'm seeing a lot of DIY answers. I take it from your question you're buying a sample of juices, not making them? So you're testing them to see if you like them, not if they need a drop of this or a touch less of that?

If so, the best way to test them is... put them in your rig and vape them. On rare occasion, you might find something so distasteful you have to dump it and replace the head or clean the device, depending on what you are using. Most juice is at least vapeable.

My adv is a reo grand with a rebuildable atomizer. When I try a new juice, I fill up that 6 mil bottle and start vaping it. I have found flavors that I didn't like at first that by the time the bottle was empty I did like them. Either way, if I like or dislike a juice when I'm done, my opinion is based on a fair amount of the juice and on vaping it in the setup that I plan to use it in long term. That's the best way imo.
TT

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
with vape shops popping up all over around here, i will just go there to sample lol

i got tired of buying 4-5 juices at a time online, and only liking 1

so i just started buying locally to sample before i by. most places around here have juices in clearomizers and a few ego type batteries to use.

the new trend around here is most shops let you drip from a sample bottle if you bring in your own dripper/mod

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I find the difficult part of diy and taste is the equipment you use. If you sub ohm vape your percentages will vary because many devices can and will mute flavors. I agree with trlrash13, you should test in your intended equipment and adjust as needed.

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I personaly went out and bought a cheap dripper just for this as I make a juice. I know im subohms so I set up for that. Find it is easy to change the wick between flavors and can adjust with it.

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure I'll be in the minority here... But I prefer the clean taste of a good 510 or 901 Atty. As in a HH357 or even a cheaper version from Empire mods works just fine. And it's super easy to switch from juice to juice by just blowing it out between flavors! ; )

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The taste is good in those. :)

Wazz84

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My local vape shop is great you can try as many as u want before u buy :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Ready X Wick in a dripper.
You can just burn the old juice off with a lighter then start off with the next juice.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I don't have time to sample at my LVS, I'll snag a few sample bottles and a 5 pack of 2.5 ohm blank carts.
sure, the flavor will change a bit when I ramp up to my daily but a blank gives me an idea of wether or not I'll even put it in a tank And it's pretty cheap.
samples are free and a 5 pack of blanks is $4.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
the last thing you want to do is use the CE4's at a vape shop.
Some of those things look like they have been there for 2 or 3 years!

Taajsgpm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors