Become a Patron!

BIG RDA for 3+ fused clapton coils?

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
looking for a huge RDA I can fit a ton of fused Clapton coils in, something that will make more vapor than a TFV12 T14 coil. Something with posts that are good for thick wire such as fused claptons. I don't care if the diameter is huge like 30mm+ and overhangs my MOD. It's just for fun sometimes. Something that hopefully is not like where you have to stack the coils on top of each other an thus the juice needs time to wick upward.
Something not like the two pictures below of RDAs that have coils installed (too complicated and prone to shorting etc for me).

But maybe something like the Goliath V2 clone (trying not to spend more than like $25 on it let alone like $150 for an authentic).
thanks

NOt this:
vape-rda-coil.jpg

NOT THIS:

12144111_451066988411169_660920955_n.jpg

YES SOMETHING LIKE THIS Goliath V2 BUT PREFERABLY not vertical coils unless that would benefit having more coils in smaller space but not overly complex like the first photo:

IMG_5105-1.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Under $25? Not going to happen AFAIK.
  • Vaperz Cloud Obese Buddha
  • Vaperz Cloud Buddha V4
  • Vapergate 40mm Mason
  • Vapergate 30mm Limited Edition postless deck (to be used with either 30mm Mason or 30mm Mason Gemini Series II)

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The mason looks to have a clone on 3f but it's 32 and I think the authentic is only 40

Nevermind it was the smaller version

And the clones seem to be out of stock but keep looking you might find one

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I get bored and feel like chucking a few clouds, I pull out one my 24mm Herakles rda's and throw four Clapton's in it. Huge amount of airflow and fits two stacked coils on each side of the velocity posts rather easily. Think Element is selling them for $15. Dirt cheap but fun.

Edit: deep juice well too.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Vandy Vape triple RTA is actually fucking damn good. I tried one and the flavour is off the charts bit then again I've tried a few vandy vape products and they've all been above average.
I own 4 vandy vape RTA'S an would recommend to anyone.
Machining and quality for the price is amazing and the flavor is great in every RTA they've done.
Not good, seriously phenomenal

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Vandy Vape triple RTA is actually fucking damn good. I tried one and the flavour is off the charts bit then again I've tried a few vandy vape products and they've all been above average.
I own 4 vandy vape RTA'S an would recommend to anyone.
Machining and quality for the price is amazing and the flavor is great in every RTA they've done.
Not good, seriously phenomenal

There you go!

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
I know about twsited420's triple RTA but I hate RTAs that don't have juice flow control. If I could use it as an RDA I would but can't really drip through the tip.

I know about the so horny 6X velocity but the upper coils, I don't trust the juice to wick up that far. I can just reply on dripping and no wicking though and drip it more often to avoid a burnt hit but I think I'd rather just a 'regular' RDA.

Here's a goliath 30mm clone for $10 which I tried putting in the first post a picture of but it didn't show. Not sure if it has enough air flow though. And seems the coils need to be vertical which means won't wick the juice up that well.
https://******/images/dcigRt
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...iath-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer

I'm okay with it being like $55 instead of $25.

My main concerns are ease of fitting a lot of coil in it and not with making two coils out of basically one straight piece of wire
like this with the goliath
https://******/images/eGy7W2

although I can just put one larger exotic coil in each slot
https://******/images/qgiMmQ

I dunno what the hel happened with google image search today. It used to offer 'view image' and then a url to link it but it doesn't show that anymore.

Lastly, I prefer it to be just all clean metal, not fake gold plated or black plated etc sketchy stuff.

EDIT , yeah none of the pictures linked but can just check google image search of "goliath rda build" and see what I mean (single exotic coil in each 4 slot, vs dual round build in each slot which I don't really want to build, but might give more vapor vs a single exotic per slot)
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1......0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.zoAN8FMhLkk

I'm not tied to the Goliath though, still looking for suggestions and will check out what was already suggested, but I find some others if I just google 30mm rda, 33mm rda etc

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know about twsited420's triple RTA but I hate RTAs that don't have juice flow control. If I could use it as an RDA I would but can't really drip through the tip.

I know about the so horny 6X velocity but the upper coils, I don't trust the juice to wick up that far. I can just reply on dripping and no wicking though and drip it more often to avoid a burnt hit but I think I'd rather just a 'regular' RDA.

Here's a goliath 30mm clone for $10 which I tried putting in the first post a picture of but it didn't show. Not sure if it has enough air flow though. And seems the coils need to be vertical which means won't wick the juice up that well.
https://******/images/dcigRt
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...iath-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer

I'm okay with it being like $55 instead of $25.

My main concerns are ease of fitting a lot of coil in it and not with making two coils out of basically one straight piece of wire
like this with the goliath

although I can just put one larger exotic coil in each slot

I dunno what the hel happened with google image search today. It used to offer 'view image' and then a url to link it but it doesn't show that anymore.

Lastly, I prefer it to be just all clean metal, not fake gold plated or black plated etc sketchy stuff.

EDIT , yeah none of the pictures linked but can just check google image search of "goliath rda build" and see what I mean (single exotic coil in each 4 slot, vs dual round build in each slot which I don't really want to build, but might give more vapor vs a single exotic per slot)
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1......0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.zoAN8FMhLkk

I'm not tied to the Goliath though, still looking for suggestions and will check out what was already suggested, but I find some others if I just google 30mm rda, 33mm rda etc
Some RTA'S don't even need juice flow control though. It's not a necessity

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
yea so apparently Google Fkn removed ability to "Show picture" to get a URL or to simply see the picture larger. Now you have to go to the website and I think save the image to link it in a forum from hard drive because the they are trying to stop copyright theft. but is it even Copyright to link someone's photo? They didn't do this to stop people from linking pictures I don't think. You can screen shot anything anyway. Are they going to remove that and people take a picture of the screen? Some international copyright law probably made them do this. What about international cyber safety? Now if I want to see a picture zoomed because the preview is useless (such as trying to see a coil build deck more closely for example), now I have to go to the website which is sort of totally unknown from a Google image search, doesn't give warning 'this site may be harmful' like if it were regularly google searched. you just don't really know what you're clicking on compared to a regular google search. A lot of google image search results are from like page 20 if they were regular google searched, you know, like sketchier websites. I would think if you just click 'show image' just the image like you used to, it would be safer than now you have to 'visit' the whole page.

Anyway sorry just wanted to rant, but I just learned this whole giant RDA thing might not be possible with a regulated mod. I have DNA 200 and DNA 250 which fire down to about .10. But saw a So Horney sextuple build read like .06 and can't be done with a regulated mod. So basically I am limited to as much coil as .10 can be. I still just don't understand how ohm divides by two when you dual coil - it's the same positive terminal for both coils, so how does it even know it two coils are installed, I don't get why if I made one giant long coil it would read 5.0ohms but then it divides in two if I add twice that amount of metal. Anyway it does, and I'm not messin with any non regulated mods. .10 should do fine though. I guess if I make an 8-wrap 4.5mm exotic coil it would read like 4.0 or something, right? I mean a tiny single coil round build is like 2.o ohms. And then half that 8-wrap as a dual coil would be 2.0 ohm? then make it a triple it becomes 1.0 ohms? I don't get it.

Maybe a triple 4mm 7-wrap exotic build would work with DNA250? I should use kanthal to have higher resistance but the ramp up time will be measured in hours?

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
2x28K/38K fused Claptons, 3.0mm I.D., 6/7 wraps, would be about 0.13Ω if 6 of them are installed in the So Horney.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yea so apparently Google Fkn removed ability to "Show picture" to get a URL or to simply see the picture larger. Now you have to go to the website and I think save the image to link it in a forum from hard drive because the they are trying to stop copyright theft. but is it even Copyright to link someone's photo? They didn't do this to stop people from linking pictures I don't think. You can screen shot anything anyway. Are they going to remove that and people take a picture of the screen? Some international copyright law probably made them do this. What about international cyber safety? Now if I want to see a picture zoomed because the preview is useless (such as trying to see a coil build deck more closely for example), now I have to go to the website which is sort of totally unknown from a Google image search, doesn't give warning 'this site may be harmful' like if it were regularly google searched. you just don't really know what you're clicking on compared to a regular google search. A lot of google image search results are from like page 20 if they were regular google searched, you know, like sketchier websites. I would think if you just click 'show image' just the image like you used to, it would be safer than now you have to 'visit' the whole page.

Anyway sorry just wanted to rant, but I just learned this whole giant RDA thing might not be possible with a regulated mod. I have DNA 200 and DNA 250 which fire down to about .10. But saw a So Horney sextuple build read like .06 and can't be done with a regulated mod. So basically I am limited to as much coil as .10 can be. I still just don't understand how ohm divides by two when you dual coil - it's the same positive terminal for both coils, so how does it even know it two coils are installed, I don't get why if I made one giant long coil it would read 5.0ohms but then it divides in two if I add twice that amount of metal. Anyway it does, and I'm not messin with any non regulated mods. .10 should do fine though. I guess if I make an 8-wrap 4.5mm exotic coil it would read like 4.0 or something, right? I mean a tiny single coil round build is like 2.o ohms. And then half that 8-wrap as a dual coil would be 2.0 ohm? then make it a triple it becomes 1.0 ohms? I don't get it.

Maybe a triple 4mm 7-wrap exotic build would work with DNA250? I should use kanthal to have higher resistance but the ramp up time will be measured in hours?
I don't get it either to be honest

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The Lost Vape Triade 250 is a 3-battery DNA 250 mod that does fire below .1 ohm, but the wattage throttles down automatically if you build too low... IIRC, .07 ohms is the limit if you want the full 250 watts in power mode. Other mods like e.g. the Hohm Wrecker G2 can also fire extremely low builds, but that one kind of defeats the purpose anyway, as it only has 2 batteries. IMO just become a mech user like we all did and grab yourself an authentic Vaperz Cloud HOG V3.1 because you seriously won't be disappointed. (I own the HOG V3 brass "King", the HOG V3.1 "Four Horsemen", and the HOG V3.1 "Four Horsemen" cerakoted blood stain.) Use either Sony VTC5A (25 amps) or Vapcell Black (30 amps) batteries. For 18650, I normally use only the VTC5A. But the day before yesterday I caved and finally grabbed myself 4× Vapcell Black... I've always wanted to show that Obese Buddha of mine some love. :D

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
thank but no thanks, I'm not gonna get a mech mod. Too risky for me.

I DO have a DNA250. I might get a sextuple RDA like the so horney or a quad and experiment with diameter and wrap sizes and see how much metal the mod can heat up.
this is a just-for-fun now and then type RDA. I know the batteries might die in 20 puffs.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I DO have a DNA250. I might get a sextuple RDA like the so horney or a quad and experiment with diameter and wrap sizes and see how much metal the mod can heat up.
this is a just-for-fun now and then type RDA. I know the batteries might die in 20 puffs.
I think I've only built the So Horney once. Like you said, it's really more for fun than serious vaping. But now that we're talking about it, I might just have to pull it out of retirement and throw some builds in it. Mine's a clone, BTW. I can't see spending that much money on an authentic that's nothing more than a novelty.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I know you already have a DNA 250. But my point was, unless you have not just a DNA 250, but instead, you have a 3-battery DNA 250, you probably aren't going to get enough watts to achieve a satisfying vape (or big enough clouds) with 6 coils below .1 ohm, as the number of batteries becomes the limiting factor in pure terms of power output. When I saw the So Horney RDA in action, the guy who was vaping on it had 6 coils in it, on his Triade 250 in power mode at 250 watts. A single hit on that thing clouded up the room effortlessly. No joke.

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
just writing the following as a note to self to add to list of possible purchases (only need 1). Still have to go through these and the suggestions (thanks), and find more.

valhalla 32mm rda
sextuple coil rda image search
Buddha Z V4 30mm
quad coil rda image search
fatboy rda
28mm rda
30mm rda
32mm rda
^ 33,34 etc
-find large Fasttech RDA and/or regular 25mm and see in scroll down menu versions if has larger version can't find easier by just searching main fasttech for "30mm rda" etc.

VU Sponsors