I'll just put this here.
dedec891edd6ac8a0359d76633240356.jpg

cc0796d01dc20baa8e43cac91465df87.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lovely 38! I finally hit on a list this month. Should have my 38 in about six months, lol.

I also went blank/black.

Oh man you’re going to love it! Also, excellent taste in color and (non) pattern
The waiting was difficult. Initially I was okay with it. I hit the last weekend in August and was anticipating receiving it around mod-November, but Charles got backed up and it got pushed to mid-December. That extra months was TOUGH.
Well worth it though in the end.
If I hit again I’ll get a Borat and unload my Billet or Delro, I think.
What did you go with for tip and buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man you’re going to love it! Also, excellent taste in color and (non) pattern
The waiting was difficult. Initially I was okay with it. I hit the last weekend in August and was anticipating receiving it around mod-November, but Charles got backed up and it got pushed to mid-December. That extra months was TOUGH.
Well worth it though in the end.
If I hit again I’ll get a Borat and unload my Billet or Delro, I think.
What did you go with for tip and buttons?

I'm stoked, for sure. I almost snagged another Stashbox but the allure of the .38 was too much, lol. I went with Iceberg for tip and buttons. It took me nearly 30 minutes to decide on the tip and buttons - Charles has so many choices.

1682252685874.png

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm stoked, for sure. I almost snagged another Stashbox but the allure of the .38 was too much, lol. I went with Iceberg for tip and buttons. It took me nearly 30 minutes to decide on the tip and buttons - Charles has so many choices.

View attachment 203983

I know what you mean! I was absolutely positive I was going to go with brass tip and buttons but the blue juma really appealed to me. I was thinking of picking up a set or two to switch up it up at some point. That’s part of the draw to the BMM devices too right?

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just FYI regarding the Kerch 2, my friends. The following comments are in regard to the insulator which apparently needs to be crack to fit over the threads on the air pins.
f87496be0c096433b6c9646cbde6ac2f.jpg

d1596a44631ad2c41b3449f802bbe902.jpg

Yeah I read a bunch of the comments on this. Personally don't don't see an issue with it. Seen a few comments about arcing and such but obviously they don't know squat about electricity and probably very little about ohms law. I'm not going to go into all the math and science but it just won't happen with the voltage and current most mods use.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I read a bunch of the comments on this. Personally don't don't see an issue with it. Seen a few comments about arcing and such but obviously they don't know squat about electricity and probably very little about ohms law. I'm not going to go into all the math and science but it just won't happen with the voltage and current most mods use.

I could see the insulator possibly cracking more severely, chipping, etc if it’s not periodically inspected. I mean, that would have to be a lot of pin swaps and extreme negligence on the part of the user.

I think the biggest problem is Dylan not be up front about it from the jump. Seems as though he didn’t because he knew people would lose confidence in the product and not buy it. That part doesn’t sit right with me.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could see the insulator possibly cracking more severely, chipping, etc if it’s not periodically inspected. I mean, that would have to be a lot of pin swaps and extreme negligence on the part of the user.

I think the biggest problem is Dylan not be up front about it from the jump. Seems as though he didn’t because he knew people would lose confidence in the product and not buy it. That part doesn’t sit right with me.

Yeah that's totally understandable and true. Should have mentioned it before it was dropped.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
This would make a cool BB cover!
It's a sample business card one of my suppliers sent me.
If someone has the ability to cut out plastic it wouldn't be hard to make.
b2a087f9a96e75a809ca43e8eb32b365.jpg

c55c69549e20ad7dd66b94293cde2dba.jpg

db396d7c23c24b557cf19ddb9b57cc27.jpg

9be0ab5d64c370174d1dd3a99bbb6f1d.jpg

97bf54a28fed3ac2ff5516d39975e022.jpg

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Late to the party... I've been running the KE2CH with the split insulator for some time now. I run it in a mech and have had no issues. There is no way I can see for it to separate while installed. I run it with full confidence.

Also, Susco will supply a new positive post and pins for anyone who purchased directly from Susco or an affiliated retailer, should they want the revised parts. The 4mm pin is not an option with the revised bits.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, there. How have you been? You get your bike done?

Yeah been biking 2-4 times a week, planning to go trail riding tomorrow.

Bike is completely different than when I bought it

73a7c121df294b3f365e13bf7a9807c0.jpg

Only thing stock is the seat and frame

Planning on grabbing another bike for the rowdier days where 120/140 mm isn’t enough.

Would like to grab a 27.5wheel bike, probably a Yeti SB165 T2

We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

Planning on grabbing another bike for the rowdier days where 120/140 mm isn’t enough.

We shall see

Awesome bike!
I recently decided to get a bike and ease back into it, in the 90s I was an avid Mountain Biker. That was back before everything had suspension .
I bought an ebike 2 months ago and put over 200 miles on it. I've enjoyed it so much I decided to upgrade.
Here is the bike I have now...
ac8c062f6d48749e273a4646ca2529f3.jpg

This is the one I just ordered.
f816439744e380b1ed6849d617a64990.jpg

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome bike!
I recently decided to get a bike and ease back into it, in the 90s I was an avid Mountain Biker. That was back before everything had suspension .
I bought all ebike 2 months ago and put over 200 miles on it. I've enjoyed it so much I decided to upgrade.

Those are awesome! You are aptly named, sir!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awesome bike!
I bought all ebike 2 months ago and put over 200 miles on it. I've enjoyed it so much I decided to upgrade.

Yeah, I’d really like to get an e-bike, but so many places here aren’t e-bike friendly, well the trail systems that is.

It’s ok though, still not sold on the longevity of the motors, and being a vaper the batteries they use really has me on edge.

I put around 2-300 miles a week, and generally do my XC pacing at the 3 mile loop in Bonita (next town over)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

We shall see

Hi guy! Your bike looks great, and it's good to have you check in. We miss you around here!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
3F has some by SXK I’m pretty sure. You’ll just be waiting a bit for them unfortunately.

This one? because it looks narrow.

More like

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one? because it looks narrow.

More like

That’s the one. I don’t have one myself but I’m pretty sure a bunch of the folks here do. Never heard anything about them not working.

I did find these too though:

Last edited:

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

These are good

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Is there a bridge out there that has a 6mm chimney? The narrower airflow bore flush nuts seem to handle all the air that can come through the inlets and the chimney, at least imo, and especially if you're using a back panel that doesn't have a boro vent.

The widest chimney on any of the bridges I have is on the Mobb "The Last One", and I doubt that chimney is more than 4 or 4.5mm across.

But now that I think more about it, @Vape Fan isn't using a BB, so his results may differ. @Vape Fan does your boro device feel like it's being throttled? Couldn't you just drill the flush nut out some? Could you do that and be sure it will still make contact with the bridge properly?

If this is all ridiculous, just don't pay me any mind. My work is making me nuts lately.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Is there a bridge out there that has a 6mm chimney? The narrower airflow bore flush nuts seem to handle all the air that can come through the inlets and the chimney, at least imo, and especially if you're using a back panel that doesn't have a boro vent.

The widest chimney on any of the bridges I have is on the Mobb "The Last One", and I doubt that chimney is more than 4 or 4.5mm across.

But now that I think more about it, @Vape Fan isn't using a BB, so his results may differ. @Vape Fan does your boro device feel like it's being throttled? Couldn't you just drill the flush nut out some? Could you do that and be sure it will still make contact with the bridge properly?

If this is all ridiculous, just don't pay me any mind. My work is making me nuts lately.
:sneaka:
Not being a machinist, I think it's possible. Maybe screw the nut into a pipe IF the pipe has same threads, put pipe in vise, drill. Or a machinist w/a lathe.
Don't get me to ly'in. Yes the cap on this tank has wide opening.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A standard factory boro nut air flow opening is 2.1mm, just took my calipers to mine.

Maximum it can be bored out to is just shy of 4mm and that is the size of the opening a standard 510 would drop into.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You could use a step down drill bit on the factory nut and take it to 4mm.

Amazon has them… Lowe’s, Hole Depot.

As for securing them to actually drill is tricky… not sure the thread pitch on a boro but to find even an actually nut you could then screw it into then place in a vise.

Probably could use a vise that has hard rubberized plastic jaws and set the boro nut and slowly drill as to not cause it to spin.

Then there is the ghetto way lol…

Donor mod and use it as the secure point and slowly drill out going slow as to not have the nut force thread past the end threads of the nut itself and strip the Uber soft aluminum

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You could use a step down drill bit on the factory nut and take it to 4mm.

Amazon has them… Lowe’s, Hole Depot.

As for securing them to actually drill is tricky… not sure the thread pitch on a boro but to find even an actually nut you could then screw it into then place in a vise.

Probably could use a vise that has hard rubberized plastic jaws and set the boro nut and slowly drill as to not cause it to spin.

Then there is the ghetto way lol…

Donor mod and use it as the secure point and slowly drill out going slow as to not have the nut force thread past the end threads of the nut itself and strip the Uber soft aluminum

It's a way. A way a machinist could do it. Unless a person already had a rubber-jawed vice, then they could see if it would hold the threads w/o damage. Probable imo, might have to drill easy. Those step downs like to jump right down or up (however you want to look at it0 to the next size, so control would be better using diff size bits to take material away.
A person could find if thread pitch in mod is the same as a bolt size. Most likely because why come up with an off size pitch to use in manufacturing.

Find bolt that fits mod > find pipe threaded inside > pipe in vice or other way to secure enough to drill using a couple diff bits.

Odd this is the only one i can find
1689179014101.png

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Great to know!
Now all I need is a vise.

hmmm...I think this is doable
1689191947461.png

Also just found out the person making the tip can drill a nut I send him,,,
may still diy so I get the bore as big as possible.

VU Sponsors