Become a Patron!

black gunk on top of coil

Hello,

I've started vaping a few months ago and always used DIY juice. I always did 50/50 with 6mg of nicotine and flavouring of course. The DIY juice came from Europe.

I'm currently in US temporarily and recently bought premixed 90/10 with 12mg. They were only carrying one brand of juice.

The DIY juice left barely any gunk, mostly inside of the coil and it never got to build up. This premixed juice always leves a huge layer of gunk on top of the coil, when having the same cleaning schedule.

Are one of these bad quality and I shouldn't use? Which one is safer? How do I judge the quality of juice?

Cheers.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Most probably High Sweetener content which is caramelized on your coil. Not to worry unless it tastes like crap. Enjoy your visit to the USA~!

Most probably High Sweetener content which is caramelized on your coil. Not to worry unless it tastes like crap. Enjoy your visit to the USA~!

Thank you :)

Sweetner makes sense, as the juice does taste like fruity lemonade, but it's really sweet. Is it alright to inhale? As it isn't that good to consume it already.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not being familiar with them I really can't say but with it being Retail E-Liquid for Vaping I would say YES.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will agree with @SteveS45, not the he needs me to do so. Hope he had a great Christmas and has a great New Year. :)

Most commercial juice makers use products that are GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) for consuming. Hope you can get an ample supply of some good D.I.Y juice soon. Many into diy do not like to use a lot of sweetening agents specifically due to sweeteners gunking up coils. Whereas commercial makers add more sweeteners in hopes to tempt customers to buy more juice. They could as easily choose to not realizing customers like saving on coils, either way kind of sweetens the deal for customers, as broad as it is long. ;) :) :p

VU Sponsors