Become a Patron!

Boatswain Mutation X whistle

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought it would be kind of cool to have one of these clear glass Mutation X caps. This POS whistles like a Boatswain/Bosun/Sailor's whistle. Cool idea, totally F...'d up. Don't waste your money like I just did.

mutation x glass.jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
After it heats up the first time, the whistle goes away.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure what to tell you on that then. Out of the 7 people that I know that use them in my group....all had the whistle go away after the cap heats up. Bear in mind that we all binned the useless drip tip.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure what to tell you on that then. Out of the 7 people that I know that use them in my group....all had the whistle go away after the cap heats up. Bear in mind that we all binned the useless drip tip.
This thing whistles with or without the drip tip. First thought the DT might have been causing it. Curious, what tip did you use on this? it's not a standard size bore

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This thing whistles with or without the drip tip. First thought the DT might have been causing it. Curious, what tip did you use on this? it's not a standard size bore
I do not use a tip, I just go straight off the lip on the top of the cap.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorta sadly, the 'Mutation X V2 I jus' bought, is as I now discover; a clone...don't really mind, but 30.00, at the B+M a little north of me...'won't think about 'em the same. Well- made, trying to get the 'rope' into the coils...good luck, with the nifty whistle !

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorta sadly, the 'Mutation X V2 I jus' bought, is as I now discover; a clone...don't really mind, but 30.00, at the B+M a little north of me...'won't think about 'em the same. Well- made, trying to get the 'rope' into the coils...good luck, with the nifty whistle !
Don't worry about it, they are all cheap chinese clones, even the authentic. Clone cloning a clone who clones the clone

VU Sponsors