Become a Patron!

Boreas? Yeah. Get one.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Bro, all I can do in good conscience is enable you on this one. For $20 just get it. You will not be dissapointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
you win lol. i just ordered it. So glad i was gonna stop buying vape stuff for a bit. a pharaoh, 50 dollar wire order, and a Boreas later and I still haven't stopped. this stuff is addicting. Now i understand how my wife feels about pandora charms lol
Isn't this the one you have to fill a certain way so it doens't leak?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you win lol. i just ordered it. So glad i was gonna stop buying vape stuff for a bit. a pharaoh, 50 dollar wire order, and a Boreas later and I still haven't stopped. this stuff is addicting. Now i understand how my wife feels about pandora charms lol
Lol, you don't have to do the Boreas Burp but it definitely helps.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taking a picture of the front of your card is becoming very popular with online stores..... There are many people buying merchandise only using a copy of your credit card #

Here in Orlando they have busted employees writing down credit card numbers and later buying shit.....

The company looses money and the credit card looses money, so some companies that are doing legit business and have learned from fraud want to make sure you are the owner of the credit card.....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Practice and know how will show you it doesn't leak when properly done..... It's an rta to have..... I have (3) black ones and waiting for Friday pay day to get a stainless on eBay....

EBay it's secured and specially using PayPal

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
whats the process of the burp?
Boreas Burp.

Close the afc/jfc
Open top cap
Fill tank
Put top cap on about halfway
Flip tank
Open jfc/afc
Tighten top cap while tank is upside down
Close afc/jfc
Flip tank right side up
Open jfc/afc
Watch the pretty bubbles
Vape

It sounds like a lot but it literally takes 10 seconds. If you wicked her right you should have absolutely no leaking using this method.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Boreas Burp.

Close the afc/jfc
Open top cap
Fill tank
Put top cap on about halfway
Flip tank
Open jfc/afc
Tighten top cap while tank is upside down
Close afc/jfc
Flip tank right side up
Open jfc/afc
Watch the pretty bubbles
Vape

It sounds like a lot but it literally takes 10 seconds. If you wicked her right you should have absolutely no leaking using this method.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
saving this post for future reference. lol Thanks!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
saving this post for future reference. lol Thanks!
Most people use the same procedure for any bottom feed tank. In fact I think I got that procedure on an Aromamizer Supreme thread.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Most people use the same procedure for any bottom feed tank. In fact I think I got that procedure on an Aromamizer Supreme thread.

really? i've never done that for the TFV4 or TFV8 RBA decks and they are both bottom fed

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
really? i've never done that for the TFV4 or TFV8 RBA decks and they are both bottom fed
Yeah I think the RBA on those tanks are more of a side feed than a true bottom feed from what I've seen.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah I think the RBA on those tanks are more of a side feed than a true bottom feed from what I've seen.

ahh gotcha yeah it feeds from the side but the feed is really low in the tank so i called it a bottom. I'm guessing by bottom feed you mean more of a genny style like the avacado

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Cloudnus, boreas, aromamizer, griffin plus those are what I think of as bottom feed because the juice feeds from the bottom of the deck thru the holes.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ahh gotcha yeah it feeds from the side but the feed is really low in the tank so i called it a bottom. I'm guessing by bottom feed you mean more of a genny style like the avacado
No not really. Check out a video of the Boreas or Aromamizer. The juice feeds from the actual bottom of the deck. There are holes on the bottom of the deck that you lay your cotton over. So the juice flows down and then up via the pressure in the tank. Hence the reason for the burp.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No not really. Check out a video of the Boreas or Aromamizer. The juice feeds from the actual bottom of the deck. There are holes on the bottom of the deck that you lay your cotton over. So the juice flows down and then up via the pressure in the tank. Hence the reason for the burp.

ah gotcha

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My favorite style of deck. Love the total saturation the wicks get with this style of bottom feeding. Wicking is so damn easy. Never a flow problem with this style, the wicks are always saturated...until you run out of juice.
I just ordered the OBS Engine and I'm looking at the Vapeston Cloudnus (with the Goon deck) since they both feed the wick this way.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My favorite style of deck. Love the total saturation the wicks get with this style of bottom feeding. Wicking is so damn easy. Never a flow problem with this style, the wicks are always saturated...until you run out of juice.
I just ordered the OBS Engine and I'm looking at the Vapeston Cloudnus (with the Goon deck) since they both feed the wick this way.
Absolutely, I still use an Aromamizer V2 just because of the bottom feed deck. Yeah it's bottom fill but the flavor is still great. Saw some site dropping them for like $10.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The smok tfv4 tank doesn't screw down to create pressure which in turns pushes the juice through the juice holes.

How I fill my boreas if very similar but I don't do as much flipping.

I flip to drain the juice back into the tank portion
Close afc
Flip upright
Take top off
Fill
Screw top on until is gets snug not tight basically when the o-ring engages.

Open afc slightly. There may or may not be a slight hole open this allowed the juice to move as pressure builds but since the bottom is drained it's ok

Tighten down top
Open afc to 2 holes and vape

The last part I sometimes open to 3x 1/2 holes (picture 3 Cresent moons) then vape

I only type this because I haven't ever been good with flipping tanks with the top cap partially screwed on. It makes a mess with me.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have done the burp method but usually I am just too lazy so I just close it all down, fill it, cap it, turn it upside down briefly, then turn it back over and crack open one hole and take a bunch of draws without firing before I open up my 3 hole preference and start vaping.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So got my boreas today. Did my first build in it. Used 6 wire vertebraid ss316 6 wrap 3mm ID. Dual coil. Did the burp like @Deucesjack said and it's working great. No leaks, good flavor, I'm happy with it so far.

ebb48cad1a6a814051ae4143444dcb51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So got my boreas today. Did my first build in it. Used 6 wire vertebraid ss316 6 wrap 3mm ID. Dual coil. Did the burp like @Deucesjack said and it's working great. No leaks, good flavor, I'm happy with it so far.

ebb48cad1a6a814051ae4143444dcb51.jpg

Great combo right there.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Do you find that it needs more airflow from the drip tip?
I wouldn't say needs it, but I like a warm and airy vape so I like it better. My 2 most used things right now are the tfv8 and pharaoh. Both have more air then the boreas so adding the drip tip helps

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great combo right there.

Do you burp it on every fill or just the 1st on a new build? I'm assuming every fill and like u said it's only 10 seconds to do.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you burp it on every fill or just the 1st on a new build? I'm assuming every fill and like u said it's only 10 seconds to do.

I do it on every fill.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolutely, I still use an Aromamizer V2 just because of the bottom feed deck. Yeah it's bottom fill but the flavor is still great. Saw some site dropping them for like $10.

I like mine....
IMAG2001.jpg

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Could anyone recommend a good drip tip? The one that comes with the Boreas builds up juice somehow, I'm drinking it with every hit. It's not spitback, it's lukewarm and just sort of flows onto the lips. I'm using the drip tip from my supreme right now, and though it solves the issue it's making the draw very loud.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Could anyone recommend a good drip tip? The one that comes with the Boreas builds up juice somehow, I'm drinking it with every hit. It's not spitback, it's lukewarm and just sort of flows onto the lips. I'm using the drip tip from my supreme right now, and though it solves the issue it's making the draw very loud.
The Merlin drip tip is absolutely awesome on the Boreas. Unfortunately, I have not seen them sold separately. If your getting that much spit back I would consider upping the wattage or temp and maybe going a little heavier on your wicking as well.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Merlin drip tip is absolutely awesome on the Boreas. Unfortunately, I have not seen them sold separately. If your getting that much spit back I would consider upping the wattage or temp and maybe going a little heavier on your wicking as well.

I've tried running the temp nearly unbearably hot, same issue. If it's not the drip tip it must be a wicking problem, it just doesn't feel like what I think of as spitback so I thought something else was to blame. I've been packing as much wick in there as I'm comfortable with(tried both cotton and rayon), I guess I need to get out of my comfort zone. You never had this issue with the stock tip?

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have heard the Boreas is good for vapor production and not so much on flavor. So for those that have it how is it for you on flavor? I know it depends alot on the build but overall how does it perform.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've tried running the temp nearly unbearably hot, same issue. If it's not the drip tip it must be a wicking problem, it just doesn't feel like what I think of as spitback so I thought something else was to blame. I've been packing as much wick in there as I'm comfortable with(tried both cotton and rayon), I guess I need to get out of my comfort zone. You never had this issue with the stock tip?
Tbh, no but I wick mine this way. I cut the wick and lay them on the deck so they barely touch each other. Also, which deck are you using? If you're using the 2.5 maybe try the the smaller one.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have heard the Boreas is good for vapor production and not so much on flavor. So for those that have it how is it for you on flavor? I know it depends alot on the build but overall how does it perform.
I've heard that too but I get great flavor and vapor out of my 4 Boreas. I usually run them on the 2 or 3 afc/jfc setting.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love mine but I ended up drilling the juice holes. That being said I have been happy with it for months prior just wanted it better.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Chokeslam I too use a Merlin tip and never have an issue with juice in the tip or my mouth. I have a .22ohm build in it, 2.5mm juice hole deck, wicked with rayon running at 60w w/ 75w preheat for 0.5 seconds. If you are using Rayon you want it snug in the coil but thin the tails about 50 or 60 percent

@gtrpickr Boreas gives great flavor if you cut the airflow down to 2 or 3 holes like @Deucesjack suggested and it still gives decent clouds like that. I prefer the clouds and an airy draw so I usually run it wide open and cut it down to 3 holes if I want a bit more flavor.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have that happen to me too. A lot of juice builds up inside the dt and when I take a pull I get juice in my mouth. I just tend to clean the dt often. Just shove some paper towel in the dt and wipe it out.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have that happen to me too. A lot of juice builds up inside the dt and when I take a pull I get juice in my mouth. I just tend to clean the dt often. Just shove some paper towel in the dt and wipe it out.

I run a q-tip down the DT of all my mods before I refill them so I can turn them upside down briefly after I fill/cap them but I rarely have to q-tip them between refills. I go thru a lot of q-tips and paper towels since I started vaping.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I run a q-tip down the DT of all my mods before I refill them so I can turn them upside down briefly after I fill/cap them but I rarely have to q-tip them between refills. I go thru a lot of q-tips and paper towels since I started vaping.
Tell me about it. I need a qtip and paper towel sponser...:giggle:

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Tell me about it. I need a qtip and paper towel sponser...:giggle:

I'm not having a problem with that....I did with the Supreme. I'm using the smaller hole deck and don't vape it very warm. IIRC it's about .37 ohms and 44 watts. Two air holes open (sometimes three). Very satisfying vapor density....not too wet or dry. Simple kanthal build. Funny how I couldn't wick the Supreme worth a darn and this one is the easiest of any RTA/RDTA for me.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I pulled the trigger and picked on up I couldnt pass it up for 20 bucks. Looks like a solid tank cant wait to get it in and try it out.
You're going to love it. Imo it's one of the best bang for the buck tanks out there. Flavor and clouds are on point and you get 2 decks. I loved that because when I only had one Boreas I used to have the other deck coiled and wicked ready to go. It came in handy for the times when I was in a rush and didn't have time to rewick.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You're going to love it. Imo it's one of the best bang for the buck tanks out there. Flavor and clouds are on point and you get 2 decks. I loved that because when I only had one Boreas I used to have the other deck coiled and wicked ready to go. It came in handy for the times when I was in a rush and didn't have time to rewick.

That's a really good idea actually. Are the 2 decks the same?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's a really good idea actually. Are the 2 decks the same?

No one has 2mm holes and the other is 2.5 but to be honest I never noticed much of a difference in vape or draw.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No one has 2mm holes and the other is 2.5 but to be honest I never noticed much of a difference in vape or draw.

The bottom holes I assume. Shouldn't really matter maybe with Max vg juice? IDK which one I'm using but 4 tanks in and no dry hits and great flavor so I'm happy.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The bottom holes I assume. Shouldn't really matter maybe with Max vg juice? IDK which one I'm using but 4 tanks in and no dry hits and great flavor so I'm happy.

Yeah the deck holes is what I was referring to.

VU Sponsors