Become a Patron!

Boro Mod Recommendations

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I am looking at buying a boro mod and was hoping for some recommendations as to which one I should get. I did own a Billet Box Rev. 4C but I sold it as I wasn't too thrilled with it at the time and wanted to use the money for other vape related purchases. I am looking to spend somewhere between $100-$200 for the device and I would prefer a regulated 21700, but 18650 is fine.

I have been looking at several mods including Cthulhu AIO as well as the Hastur, BMM 38 Special DNA clone, Mission Astro DNA clone, and a few others. i also would like to get a couple of the must have clone bridges and tanks as well. Finally, I like a restricted direct lung to direct lung vape for any and all recommendations.

Let me know what you guys have and absolutely love, or what you have been interested in buying and would recommend. Thanks in advance to any and all replies!!!

STX

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am looking at buying a boro mod and was hoping for some recommendations as to which one I should get. I did own a Billet Box Rev. 4C but I sold it as I wasn't too thrilled with it at the time and wanted to use the money for other vape related purchases. I am looking to spend somewhere between $100-$200 for the device and I would prefer a regulated 21700, but 18650 is fine.

I have been looking at several mods including Cthulhu AIO as well as the Hastur, BMM 38 Special DNA clone, Mission Astro DNA clone, and a few others. i also would like to get a couple of the must have clone bridges and tanks as well. Finally, I like a restricted direct lung to direct lung vape for any and all recommendations.

Let me know what you guys have and absolutely love, or what you have been interested in buying and would recommend. Thanks in advance to any and all replies!!!

STX
I have an authentic astro, ion box clone and many billets lol. I've owned a couple of cithulhu's and they are great too. Main thing when looking for a boro is finding something that's fits you. Example I prefer front fire devices but the billets and astro I've gotten used to. As for rba's that's a crap shoot. Most clones are decent or close to as good as the real ones. Find one that works for you and if affordable get an authentic. That's what I've done. Honestly I've gotten lazy and have fallen in love with the euc coils and that's my go to lol.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'll probably be run out of town for saying this, but I really like the SXK BB Clones. I don't find them nearly as finicky as the authentic BBs. They all have a USB port on the front, so easy to charge, and the battery compartments are large enough to hold a Molicell 18650. If I put a Molicell in an authentic BB, I may or may not be able to get it back out again.

The only 21700 boro mod I have is the VV Pulse AIO.5. I got the black one because the material just seemed like it would be less "plasticky" than the other colors, and it does seem to be that. I bought some royal blue panels from Lucky 13 Modz and put a nicer drip tip on. It is in my opinion definitely worth the money it costs, and I think it would be a good intro into boro mods without breaking the bank.

Favorite clone bridge/tank combo is the Mobb "The Last One" bridge from 2FDeal, in an SXK boro tank. Fits well, doesn't leak. Be sure to juice up the gasket around the sliding glass so you can get it open easier. That bridge is less than $25 shipped, if they still have them in stock. I bought one from a different seller once, but the material it's made of is much lighter and flimsier. The 2FDeal ones are sturdy and beautiful. Note that the first time you put the Mobb into an SXK boro, you might need to snug it down with pliers. I use some small size channel lock pliers. The fit is snug, but that's why it doesn't leak.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll probably be run out of town for saying this, but I really like the SXK BB Clones. I don't find them nearly as finicky as the authentic BBs. They all have a USB port on the front, so easy to charge, and the battery compartments are large enough to hold a Molicell 18650. If I put a Molicell in an authentic BB, I may or may not be able to get it back out again.

The only 21700 boro mod I have is the VV Pulse AIO.5. I got the black one because the material just seemed like it would be less "plasticky" than the other colors, and it does seem to be that. I bought some royal blue panels from Lucky 13 Modz and put a nicer drip tip on. It is in my opinion definitely worth the money it costs, and I think it would be a good intro into boro mods without breaking the bank.

Favorite clone bridge/tank combo is the Mobb "The Last One" bridge from 2FVape, in an SXK boro tank. Fits well, doesn't leak. Be sure to juice up the gasket around the sliding glass so you can get it open easier. That bridge is less than $25 shipped, if they still have them in stock. I bought one from a different seller once, but the material it's made of is much lighter and flimsier. The 2FVape ones are sturdy and beautiful. Note that the first time you put the Mobb into an SXK boro, you might need to snug it down with pliers. I use some small size channel lock pliers. The fit is snug, but that's why it doesn't leak.
Agreed the sxk versions are anodized where the authenics now are cerakoted. Cerakoting is thicker and some boros do not fit without a hammer. (P.S. don't use a hammer lol.) Most rba's are capable of going from mtl to at least rdl. A few will go pretty close to dl. The most versatile one I've used is the haku xeta.

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, my issue with the Billet Box was the limited airflow and I tried a couple bridges and nord coils and I never got that great of flavor. I also felt like it was somewhat tedious building for a bridge, especially if there were problems with it reading correctly. I also felt that all the bridges and accessories were on the pricey side. Finally, building an RDA or a great RTA is easier and less time consuming, and depending on the atomizer usually has excellent flavor.

There has just been so much hype around boros since I got out of it all that I decided I would give it another try. Maybe I should just go with the Pulse.5 AIO as it is a minimal investment and I can spend more on clone bridges to try out. There is something about that BMM 38 Special clone though that seems so appealing.

Anyway, thanks for the advice so far and keep it coming everyone!

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, my issue with the Billet Box was the limited airflow and I tried a couple bridges and nord coils and I never got that great of flavor. I also felt like it was somewhat tedious building for a bridge, especially if there were problems with it reading correctly. I also felt that all the bridges and accessories were on the pricey side. Finally, building an RDA or a great RTA is easier and less time consuming, and depending on the atomizer usually has excellent flavor.

There has just been so much hype around boros since I got out of it all that I decided I would give it another try. Maybe I should just go with the Pulse.5 AIO as it is a minimal investment and I can spend more on clone bridges to try out. There is something about that BMM 38 Special clone though that seems so appealing.

Anyway, thanks for the advice so far and keep it coming everyone!
I've heard the bmm clone is decent other than on the fragile side if dropped. I've thought of getting one and putting a dna60 in it. Although the board in it is decent.

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I've heard the bmm clone is decent other than on the fragile side if dropped. I've thought of getting one and putting a dna60 in it. Although the board in it is decent.

They have a variant with the DNA 60

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
What do you all think of this B4E Tycoon by BD Vape. It really seems to fit the bill on a lot of what I’m looking for. Let me know what you all think.

VU Sponsors