Become a Patron!

Bottle for Base

woots

Member For 1 Year
Hello, so, from a website in my country i ordered 2 500ml bottle.
They are PET bottle & made in China.

I didnt really found discussion about that, but are thoses china PET bottle can be "trusted" to store the PG/VG + nicotine base ?

Any thought about that ?

thanks

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Can anything plastic from China be trusted? At 500ml I would be using glass. So long as you don't drop it, should last a lifetime.

woots

Member For 1 Year
Well, the "advantage" with thoses PET bottle are the cap with the whole ( no idea how you say that in english ) to pour the base without the need of syringe or "external" tool tho.
1532908468-flacon-vide-500-ml.jpg

But sure, glass is better, but that's still dont really answer my question about thoses china PET bottle quality ^^

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Pretty sure its safe to store all 3 of those items in PET bottles. If you plan for long term storage you should look for something else.

woots

Member For 1 Year
Long term storage like ? 6months + ?
personaly, i use one 500ml for the base i'am using, so it last like.. 4-5month or so, but i plan to keep use it

Unless there is a good alternative with a glass bottle & a handy "pourer" ? and i agree that i this case i would prefer glass like you advised in the first place.
( for my eliquid, so with flavour, i only use glass bottle since a while )

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glass is better, amber is the best i did hear. Just start saving/recycling all the ones you get finished with at home.
I save all the ones like this, give them a good wash and air
IMG_20180730_205822.jpg

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you are going to be doing a lot of pouring from a glass bottle you can get a funnel or a liquor pourer and punch the ball bearing out. .
tapered-pourer.jpg

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I use plastic to store my vg, pg and nicotine that are in daily use. Everything else goes in glass etc. But I buy my bottles from dropperbottles and I mix a lot. I run through a gallon of vg in a month, maybe a month and 2 weeks if i skip a couple of days, hence I'm not worried about the plastic bottles. But if you are going to store these for more than two month, maybe glass might be better then.

woots

Member For 1 Year
If you are going to be doing a lot of pouring from a glass bottle you can get a funnel or a liquor pourer and punch the ball bearing out. .
tapered-pourer.jpg

Oh yeah, i was looking after something like that before coming back here. Or there still is the 10/25ml pipette, might be more handy to correctly clean up ^^

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Oh yeah, i was looking after something like that before coming back here. Or there still is the 10/25ml pipette, might be more handy to correctly clean up ^^

You can get a lot of plastic pipettes for real cheap online. A many year supply for just a few bucks. The 10ml glass ones will last forever if you do not let the rubber bulb crack up. I always just poured from the bottle. Has worked pretty well so far.

woots

Member For 1 Year
You can get a lot of plastic pipettes for real cheap online. A many year supply for just a few bucks. The 10ml glass ones will last forever if you do not let the rubber bulb crack up. I always just poured from the bottle. Has worked pretty well so far.

yeah, but well, just in case,i prefer not to use plastic pipette, at least indeed glass last forever and better to be sure of it when clean up.
I ended to order a glass 10ml pipette and a good glass bottle & the bulb pipette at least i'am sure to be clean with that
flacons_en_verre_flaconschimie_1.jpg

I prefer not pour directly from the bottle, i know myself, i will spill the base everywhere :p

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
yeah, but well, just in case,i prefer not to use plastic pipette, at least indeed glass last forever and better to be sure of it when clean up.
I ended to order a glass 10ml pipette and a good glass bottle & the bulb pipette at least i'am sure to be clean with that
flacons_en_verre_flaconschimie_1.jpg

I prefer not pour directly from the bottle, i know myself, i will spill the base everywhere :p
Amazon has these sets of 4- 10ml pipettes with rubber bulbs that work really well. The only downside is they are super long so kind of inconvenient. I have pretty much stopped using them because of that.

woots

Member For 1 Year
Amazon has these sets of 4- 10ml pipettes with rubber bulbs that work really well. The only downside is they are super long so kind of inconvenient. I have pretty much stopped using them because of that.

glass pipette always are long tho ^^ But yeah i've see what you are speaking about.
but i've pick one from a "professional" website dedicated to scientist material to be sure of the glass quality. I prefer avoid amazon and unknow vendor for such thing.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I store my VG/PG and Nicotine in the Plastic bottles they came in because if I had to worry about the bottles it comes in I would be suspect of the liquids first. Just my opinion you must remember.

VU Sponsors