Bottle storage / organisation

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My flavour collection is growing, and having clusters of bottles tucked into various corners of my kitchen cupboards is getting out of hand! It doesn't help that 10ml bottles want to fall over at the slightest touch, cascading the whole group like dominoes, lol.

I've looked at boxes for essential oils - too expensive for a large number of bottles. Scoured supermarket shelves for any packaging that might work - no joy. Thought about making cardboard dividers for larger boxes - that could work, if I ever get round to it! What I think I might try is some of these Hobby trays, since 9 bottles will fit fairly neatly in each compartment (and they have a taller box that they would fit in than the one pictured there).

So what do you all do?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
those hobby trays are what I keep my purevapes FA flavors in . they fit perfect and you can organize little catagories. the rest get dumped into a tackle box.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have those exact ones? Then I have a question: do they have reasonably flat bottoms to the compartments? I have a larger tray from them, but the bottom is bowed, so a bottle at the edge will fall towards the middle if it's not supported.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
they are not exactly the same . pretty much tho . ill try to post a picture. mine the bottoms are totally flat and a 3ml bottles is about perfect. bigger bottles will not fit

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ah darn it it keeps saying image to large. Im not very computer savy but I can drill a hole from here to china in a day lol... but same thing maybe a tad shorter. its for spools of thread I think. I found mine in the craft section at walmart

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking about buying a couple tattoo ink stands. The ones that my tattoo guy uses fit my 15 ml bottles perfect. I need to do something soon because my cabinet is becoming messy.

p7ldHex.jpg

Ha! I'm not the only one that stocked up on clearomizers! LOL

Right now, all of my DIY supplies fit into a box that's about the size of a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box. Until recently, everything sat on the bottom of that box, but now things are starting to get layered. I think it's time for something new.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tattoo ink - hadn't thought of that!

That reminded me of another avenue I looked into - hobby paint. There are some pretty awesome racks etc available, which would be really good for a mixing station, but I think they're for bottles more like 30mm than 21-22mm, and a bit pricey. The best setups I saw were homemade though.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ah darn it it keeps saying image to large. Im not very computer savy but I can drill a hole from here to china in a day lol... but same thing maybe a tad shorter. its for spools of thread I think. I found mine in the craft section at walmart

I'm not sure exactly what mine was meant for, but I bought my juice box in the craft section of Wal*Mart, too. Time to get another, in fact.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

No walmart over here, but I think they own asda so I could try there. Thanks for saying spools, that opens up another area for searching :)

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those look good... I might get one or two of these if I can find them at a good price:

414KHGY9OlL.jpg

But I'd probably only use them for 'current' juices - the other 200-odd bottles would still need somewhere to live!

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Besides the clearomizers and 8ml TFA vials, those stands will hold most 10ml bottles. I may get another one myself, or maybe get off my ass and build something. Noooo, more fun to buy and have it shipped so I can stay glued to my PC.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOLOLOL. WTF, you have Tinactin up there with your MVP's.
You're not supposed to vape that, I'm pretty sure.

I was thinking about buying a couple tattoo ink stands. The ones that my tattoo guy uses fit my 15 ml bottles perfect. I need to do something soon because my cabinet is becoming messy.

p7ldHex.jpg

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a plastic lure box from Walmart. Sturdier I think than the craft boxes I have. In the sports section, Flambeau Tuff Tainer 4007, $4.64. Has 5 sections & 8 little tabs you can put where you want to make the sections into small areas the size you want. I took the lid off so the taller bottles can stand up. tried to link a picture but I'm bad at it. :oops: I have to get a few more now since I ordered more flavors and and bitty dropper bottles.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My method is a lot like wllmc's. I got this when I first started out, but I can barely get it closed now. My few 30ml bottles won't fit anymore. The top is perfect for ALL my Pure Vapes bottles and a few TFA's.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I started using bigger bottles my bottle store numbers became smaller

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have tried a variety of things. The tackle box type don't work for me. I ended up using that to store empty plastic bottles, syringes, needles and labels. For storing my flavors I got several rubbermaid type trays. These were where the silverware trays are at WalMart. They are individual trays for silverware that are about 3" deep and came in a variety of lengths. I have 4 of them. One is nothing but FA, one has nothing but tobacco, one has a variety of other brands I use and the 4th one I need to go thru and see what is still there. I believe these are some I haven't mixed yet. As I have become overrun with flavors, I have weeded out some that I know I will not use again and those are stored elsewhere looking for a good home.

VU Sponsors