Become a Patron!

Bought new batteries with minor peeling marks (New to Vaping)

Should this be of any concern? The guy at the Vape store said it was nothing to worry about, but some research i did said otherwise...Seems to work without any problems in my RX2/3 and charging in a nightcore i4 v2 charger... Just checking to be sure that one day it does not blow off my hand... If there is a problem, is there anything i can do to remedy it like Electrical Tape etc?
14741056_10157606212305134_1309406291_n.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard @Capataro

You should rewrap the batteries with new sleeves. Remove the old skin, install the new, heat with a hair-dryer to heat shrink the new sleeve to the 18650.

You can buy new battery wraps at just about any battery distributor.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Buying new batteries with scratched wraps is unacceptable, the guy at the store said it ok because he wanted to get rid of them.
The wrap is there for insulation purposes (besides looking pretty).
If something metallic like keys or coins touch both the torn part and the positive contact it would cause a catastrophic failure of the battery which will result in a violent venting or explosion.

It is possible to rewrap the batteries but if I were you I would go demand my money back and never go into that store again, then go buy Samsung/LG/Sony batteries from a reputable battery vendor.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the bottom or side part of the wrap were torn it wouldn't have been such a big deal as the top part, which is the most important part of the insulation.

VU Sponsors